GhostWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Performance Pack
That’s supposed to be used with this
https://www.americanmuscle.com/navos-mustang-oe-style-display-upgrade-406737.html
Not an oem 8” sync 3 display.
Ok so despite american muscle saying it should work I don't think it will. So my options are either cheap eBay harness, repin OEM harness, or hellhorse harness which hextall says is a copy of their harness but they also say it doesn't work but I think it does work since I haven't seen any complaints. I think I'm going to just order the hellhorse one since it's like 222$ with this forums discount code (cheapest discount code of all the current ones) instead of the 250$ ish it should cost. I don't really trust eBay even though I know the harnesses should work just fine either way, 200$ for the sync 3, 140$ for the Ford cables and hub, 50$ for the forscan tool, and 222$ for the hellhorse harness im at 612$ so 650 ish total with a quality gps unit. Hextalls sync 3 kit is 1200$ before tax and shipping so I'm coming out ahead. Would've been nice to not need the first cable or hub for price but oh well. Would you recommend anything different or a different harness? I'm going to place the order tomorrow morning.

17gt07

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
87 Grand Marquis, 02 gt, 07 gt, 17 gt
Ok so despite american muscle saying it should work I don't think it will. So my options are either cheap eBay harness, repin OEM harness, or hellhorse harness which hextall says is a copy of their harness but they also say it doesn't work but I think it does work since I haven't seen any complaints. I think I'm going to just order the hellhorse one since it's like 222$ with this forums discount code (cheapest discount code of all the current ones) instead of the 250$ ish it should cost. I don't really trust eBay even though I know the harnesses should work just fine either way, 200$ for the sync 3, 140$ for the Ford cables and hub, 50$ for the forscan tool, and 222$ for the hellhorse harness im at 612$ so 650 ish total with a quality gps unit. Hextalls sync 3 kit is 1200$ before tax and shipping so I'm coming out ahead. Would've been nice to not need the first cable or hub for price but oh well. Would you recommend anything different or a different harness? I'm going to place the order tomorrow morning.
Like I said I used a cheap eBay harness and it turned out fine, the second harness anyway. I think you’re good with everything else you listed.

OP
OP
GhostWolf

GhostWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
Like I said I used a cheap eBay harness and it turned out fine, the second harness anyway. I think you’re good with everything else you listed.
Awesome. Let's hope the hellhorse one works since it's so expensive.

m2016v6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AB
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6 Base Convertible
I ordered an upgrade kit from The Parts Farm on ebay.

parts farm - ebay

It included the bezel, screen, acm, various wires, etc, including a harness. I haven't installed it yet, so I have no real idea how it's going to work out. I've got a thread here about it:

Possibly Upgrading Infotainment From 4" Base To 8" SYNC 3 w/Nav, etc

I am planning on posting pictures and the steps taken from start to finish, including ForeScan programming. I'd like to start within a week, weather permitting (I don't have a garage, and it doesn't want to stop raining). I am hoping it will be a useful companion to the other upgrade threads.

OP
OP
GhostWolf

GhostWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
I ordered an upgrade kit from The Parts Farm on ebay.

parts farm - ebay

It included the bezel, screen, acm, various wires, etc, including a harness. I haven't installed it yet, so I have no real idea how it's going to work out. I've got a thread here about it:

Possibly Upgrading Infotainment From 4" Base To 8" SYNC 3 w/Nav, etc

I am planning on posting pictures and the steps taken from start to finish, including ForeScan programming. I'd like to start within a week, weather permitting (I don't have a garage, and it doesn't want to stop raining). I am hoping it will be a useful companion to the other upgrade threads.
I ended up ordering the hell horse performance one because it should work as hextall says it's a direct copy of theirs and hextall was the go for a harness but they no longer sell them so hellhorse is the next best place.
Sponsored