15-17 sync 3 upgrade, harness options?

GhostWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Performance Pack
Hi everyone I'm new here so please let me know if I'm posting this in the wrong spot etc.
I have a 2017 gt pp with the 4in screen and I recently snagged a killer deal and got a screen, bezel and apim out of a 2018 for 200$ (looks like they go for 450-800 everywhere else).
What are my options for a plug and play harness. I read through the big sync 3 thread but everyone says hextall but Ive been talking with them and they no longer sell the harness without you paying 1200$+ for their full kit. I see navos 107$ (currently the one I ordered but will cancel if there is a better option)
Hellhorse for 250$
Cheap Amazon for 40$
Expensive Amazon one for 140$
And no others that I can find. Is the navos any good I really only went for it since it comes with a gps module which I need. I already ordered the 2 Ford cables and Ford hub directly from Ford that the sync 3 thread says I need. Please lend me some insight so I don't waste my time buying and installing a trashy harness. I also want to retain backup camera on screen abilities. Also very unfamiliar with forscan but I got a obd ex (hardwire not Bluetooth) since my laptop is old and Bluetooth barely works I'd rather plugin). Picture do my ride attached
Sponsored

17gt07

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
87 Grand Marquis, 02 gt, 07 gt, 17 gt
I used the cheap Amazon cables when I swapped to sync 3 in my white 17 gt. I did initially have an issue and had to buy another one but I think the first one was wired incorrectly. In fact I have another harness lying around if you want to try it. I’m probably never going to use it.

OP
OP
GhostWolf

GhostWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
I used the cheap Amazon cables when I swapped to sync 3 in my white 17 gt. I did initially have an issue and had to buy another one but I think the first one was wired incorrectly. In fact I have another harness lying around if you want to try it. I’m probably never going to use it.
Amazon? I checked Amazon and I couldn't find any that said mustang. I must be typing in the wrong things. Do you still have the 2017 and is the harness holding up? Hextall sales said aftermarket harness will fail in a short span which has made me hesitant but I just want to do the swap.

17gt07

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
Amazon? I checked Amazon and I couldn't find any that said mustang. I must be typing in the wrong things. Do you still have the 2017 and is the harness holding up? Hextall sales said aftermarket harness will fail in a short span which has made me hesitant but I just want to do the swap.
No I sold it maybe a few months after I installed everything. The only thing that was strange was the compass but it’s not part of the harness anyway. It doesn’t have to be Mustang specific, all fords used the same harness or at least the pinout is the same as far as I know.

OP
OP
GhostWolf

GhostWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
No I sold it maybe a few months after I installed everything. The only thing that was strange was the compass but it’s not part of the harness anyway. It doesn’t have to be Mustang specific, all fords used the same harness or at least the pinout is the same as far as I know.
Looks like I'm ordering that harness then. American muscle is claiming there is a chargeback in my account and won't refund the order OR ship it until the dispute is removed except there is no dispute. My bank has no record of one and I've never filed one. This is why I don't use American muscle. Complete scam company they steal your money and don't send parts. Should've learned after they stole 7k from me a few years ago that I never got back

Sponsored

17gt07

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
Looks like I'm ordering that harness then. American muscle is claiming there is a chargeback in my account and won't refund the order OR ship it until the dispute is removed except there is no dispute. My bank has no record of one and I've never filed one. This is why I don't use American muscle. Complete scam company they steal your money and don't send parts. Should've learned after they stole 7k from me a few years ago that I never got back
I had an issue with them years ago when I bought ford racing plugs from them for my 3v when all the porcelain insulators were loose. I had to get nasty with them to get a refund. Once I got my money back I went elsewhere and bought brisk racing one piece plugs. I try to stay away from them when I can.

OP
OP
GhostWolf

GhostWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
I had an issue with them years ago when I bought ford racing plugs from them for my 3v when all the porcelain insulators were loose. I had to get nasty with them to get a refund. Once I got my money back I went elsewhere and bought brisk racing one piece plugs. I try to stay away from them when I can.
Yeah, I had a friend order the navs harness for me since apparently my card name, IP, and address are all blacklisted so I can't even use my cards either it's all blocked. It's all for. 2021 I got some koni orange struts, lowering springs, and tires from them. Tires were the wrong model, support agent said to send them a video of me destroyjnc of the tires for a refund so I did video of me cutting them apart as instructed, then Im told the employee was wrong in what he told me to do and I will not be getting a refund and now the tires are useless too 1500$ gone, and the koni orange kit I got was rusted. It was brand new yes but it looked like it had been sitting all to the paint was rusted underneath there were even chunks that fell off, they said to ship them back so I paid for shipping and sent them back and then they said "item received does not match item condition sent" so a bs excuse even though I had video of me opening it and it coming off of the truck. There was some other items too I had ordered for my 3v and I lost about 6k in total. Chargeback with bank and I still never got the money back and I doubt I will. PNC absolutey sucks at fraud disputes. They don't fight for the money at all and just say, sorry we could not get you money back but this will help prevent others from this issue. I refuse to support American muscle after that but certain items I can only find there which sucks. I keep myself on cjpony, FB market place (been scammed there before but I was stupid to not use PayPal) and lmr.

17gt07

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, I had a friend order the navs harness for me since apparently my card name, IP, and address are all blacklisted so I can't even use my cards either it's all blocked. It's all for. 2021 I got some koni orange struts, lowering springs, and tires from them. Tires were the wrong model, support agent said to send them a video of me destroyjnc of the tires for a refund so I did video of me cutting them apart as instructed, then Im told the employee was wrong in what he told me to do and I will not be getting a refund and now the tires are useless too 1500$ gone, and the koni orange kit I got was rusted. It was brand new yes but it looked like it had been sitting all to the paint was rusted underneath there were even chunks that fell off, they said to ship them back so I paid for shipping and sent them back and then they said "item received does not match item condition sent" so a bs excuse even though I had video of me opening it and it coming off of the truck. There was some other items too I had ordered for my 3v and I lost about 6k in total. Chargeback with bank and I still never got the money back and I doubt I will. PNC absolutey sucks at fraud disputes. They don't fight for the money at all and just say, sorry we could not get you money back but this will help prevent others from this issue. I refuse to support American muscle after that but certain items I can only find there which sucks. I keep myself on cjpony, FB market place (been scammed there before but I was stupid to not use PayPal) and lmr.
Wow that’s just terrible. I try to use cj’s as much as possible since they have a decent first responder discount. But they don’t have things I need sometimes. LMR has great customer service but their selection isn’t that great.

OP
OP
GhostWolf

GhostWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
Wow that’s just terrible. I try to use cj’s as much as possible since they have a decent first responder discount. But they don’t have things I need sometimes. LMR has great customer service but their selection isn’t that great.
Yeah the selection is better o American muscle but I can't stand behind their business especially if I have to have others order everything for me to different addresses. If Amazon Facebook, CJ and lmr don't have it then I'll have to find some more sites. Hell I ordered a bunch of stuff from Ford directly their prices aren't terrible

OP
OP
GhostWolf

GhostWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
So I had a friend get me the navos harness which I only got for the gps but the gps has the wrong connector. So I'm wondering if I try to make it work. Spend an extra 130$ so 250$ on the hellhorse harness plus 40$ on a gps antenna or try to repin my own harness but hextall never published the video they said they would so idk how and there's no videos.

Sponsored

17gt07

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
So I had a friend get me the navos harness which I only got for the gps but the gps has the wrong connector. So I'm wondering if I try to make it work. Spend an extra 130$ so 250$ on the hellhorse harness plus 40$ on a gps antenna or try to repin my own harness but hextall never published the video they said they would so idk how and there's no videos.
Link?

OP
OP
GhostWolf

GhostWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)

17gt07

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
This one. The only issues are besides I don't even know if it works as it has plugs that don't belong is the gps (reason why I even bought it) has the wrong connector but it's like 10$ for an adaptor to make it work but the rear camera plug ins are extremely weird and need splicing but the connectors for splicing are wrong too. https://www.americanmuscle.com/navos-mustang-complete-oe-style-display-upgrade-harness-for-406737-only-ta-fdmuharnkt-01.html?utm_content=Electronics - Other|Navos&T5_Var4=430573&utm_source=google-pla&utm_medium=shopping&T5_Var2=shopping&utm_campaign=AMM+Mustang+Vehicle+Medium+LTVMiddle&intl=0&dialogtech=ppc&gad_source=1&gclid=CjwKCAjwxLKxBhA7EiwAXO0R0KrtxRQ5GWVKVFbpXfUZDfr0_m1KT-vzMQMd0iX2OGn9hTlFvZ-RARoCNT0QAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds
That’s supposed to be used with this
https://www.americanmuscle.com/navos-mustang-oe-style-display-upgrade-406737.html
Not an oem 8” sync 3 display.
Sponsored