Sponsored

15-17 GTs with 18 Ported Manifold

keiths2kgt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB Mustang GT PP 50th AP
Looking to get some feedback from people that have a ported 18 mani on their 15-17. My 15 PP is stock minus frpp touring catback. I’m buying it from a buddy and going to send it to get ported. I’m also getting his 47lb injectors. I will use lockouts.

I’ve gotten 2 quotes:
Hellhorse is $150+shipping
Auto Mafia is $300 +shipping
Air Flow Solutions never responded it’s been 14 days.

Anyone use them? Anyone use a different company? Turnaround time?

Seems like it’s worth the port cost from the little bit of info I could find. Looking for tuner advice and street driving feel. I don’t daily drive it but I drive it to the gym and on nice weekends. Also times and mph in the 1/8 or 1/4. Dyno graph would be cool to. I don’t go to the drag strip much but I use to. No auto crossing or road course.

I pretty much want the ngauge as my device. Seems like it’s the fastest to load, easiest to log and looks great. Anyone else besides Lund tune with that? Just curious.

I have e85 all around here. So I guess a ff and e85 tune?

Thanks
Sponsored

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
Has anyone ported there own? How much and where in the runner can be removed?

joshy5oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
yep...that video from sums it up, porting not really worth the 4-6whp, but 18 mani is a no brainer

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I think I need to get an '18 manifold. I'll just need to find the stuff to install it properly with the right plugs and whatnot and get my tune adjusted.

Sponsored

kenand1988

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I think I need to get an '18 manifold. I'll just need to find the stuff to install it properly with the right plugs and whatnot and get my tune adjusted.
From what I've read no one has been able to get the IMRC's to work properly. I looked into this as well and unfortunately even with the adapters the cars throw codes again and again and just about everyone has gone to a lockout solution. You do not need to buy those high priced pieces of aluminum to do lockouts. Just use zip or wire ties, very very simple. Spend the money on a good tune.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
From what I've read no one has been able to get the IMRC's to work properly. I looked into this as well and unfortunately even with the adapters the cars throw codes again and again and just about everyone has gone to a lockout solution. You do not need to buy those high priced pieces of aluminum to do lockouts. Just use zip or wire ties, very very simple. Spend the money on a good tune.
Yeah, that's my worry. It's not just a flat swap without locking out the IMRC. I've never touched an intake manifold install yet, but I've been watching what people are doing on the forum here.

Does the lockout solution cause a power loss down low?

kenand1988

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Yeah, that's my worry. It's not just a flat swap without locking out the IMRC. I've never touched an intake manifold install yet, but I've been watching what people are doing on the forum here.

short answer is yes. I haven't seen a good video of someone doing back to back runs with lockouts and w/o but im not sure the imrcs work properly on a 15-17 after the install anyway so dyno numbers could still be wrong. The power loss is not thought to be noticeable.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
short answer is yes. I haven't seen a good video of someone doing back to back runs with lockouts and w/o but im not sure the imrcs work properly on a 15-17 after the install anyway so dyno numbers could still be wrong. The power loss is not thought to be noticeable.
Good info, thanks.

Sponsored

MasterCylinder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(sold)17 GT
Just a thought but has anyone thought about swapping the 15-17 solenoids onto an 18?

OP
OP
keiths2kgt

keiths2kgt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB Mustang GT PP 50th AP
Let’s not turn this into another imrc troubleshooting thread.

Does anyone on here have first hand knowledge of going through this process and driving a 15-17 with a ported 18 mani? Who ported it? Who tuned? What tuning device did you pick? I’m sure it kicks ass at the drag strip but would love to hear some feedback about that also :rockon:

I would like Shaun at aed to tune it but I really want the ngauge lol

I’m not worried about the install. My buddy has all the wrenches :like:

MasterCylinder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(sold)17 GT
It was a simple question...

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

The only situation that low end loss is noticeable in 6th gear, <=2000 rpm, so highway cruise. Otherwise, daily driving is the same, and everything above 4000 rpm is a riot. The pull is very strong to 7500.
Sponsored