15/16 GT Getting Ford "Track Key" Tune

caustin69

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Curtis
Vehicle(s)
2020 Iconic GT500/ 2021 F150
All warranties were still valid on the BOSS and 2014 GTs.
That would be a a false statement!

TracKey/Track Cal for Mustangs

TracKey is warranted for factory-supplied material or workmanship, when installed on a Boss 302 by an authorized dealer, beginning upon dealer installation and registration of the part(s) with Ford Racing for the balance of 3 years or 36,000 miles / 60,000 kilometers miles, whichever occurs first, from the start date of the manufacturer's New Vehicle Limited Warranty.
Sponsored

OP
OP
50hhh

50hhh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Hmm, maybe already mentioned but will it work with Autos??

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

I believe it was just for manual cars in the past, but obviously that could change with the 2015.

OP
OP
50hhh

50hhh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
That would be a a false statement!

TracKey/Track Cal for Mustangs

TracKey is warranted for factory-supplied material or workmanship, when installed on a Boss 302 by an authorized dealer, beginning upon dealer installation and registration of the part(s) with Ford Racing for the balance of 3 years or 36,000 miles / 60,000 kilometers miles, whichever occurs first, from the start date of the manufacturer's New Vehicle Limited Warranty.

Yea that is stating the 36k warranty is still in tact. It doesn't remove the powertrain warranty.

sloppymax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
This is my understanding from previous years. It does not remove the powertrain warranty but it replaces it with the 3yr/36k miles that began when the car was purchased, not when the tune was installed. The bumper to bumper obviously remains the same but the powertrain is reduced from the original 5yr/60k miles.

caustin69

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Curtis
Vehicle(s)
2020 Iconic GT500/ 2021 F150
Yea that is stating the 36k warranty is still in tact. It doesn't remove the powertrain warranty.
Unless it has changed since last year......

FullSizeRender (1).jpg

anytime you replace the Manufacturers New Vehicle Limited Warranty it becomes subject to an unauthorized factory warranty repair. The replacement warranty is only 3/36

Sponsored

OP
OP
50hhh

50hhh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
That contradicts itself then. It says mid paragraph the Limited warranty replaces the "New vehicle limited warranty" then at the very end of the paragraph it says " installation of these ford racing parts will NOT void your new vehicle limited warranty"

Anybody else see that?

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
That contradicts itself then. It says mid paragraph the Limited warranty replaces the "New vehicle limited warranty" then at the very end of the paragraph it says " installation of these ford racing parts will NOT void your new vehicle limited warranty"

Anybody else see that?
I think what they meant is the warranty on the parts is covered under the new limited warranty where the rest of the car is still covered under factory limited warranty. In a word, you are covered.

P4RKER

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Fastback
If you read the middle it sounds like this only replaces your factory warranty if the ford performance part causes the failure. Otherwise your factory powertrain warranty is still in place.

Can we get a lawyer in here?

blitzburgh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BMW M2C
The track key also dropped horsepower and increased torque in all the Boss dynos I ever saw. The loped idle is gimicky. I'll pass

DJ Red Barron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Barron
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat / 1986 Buick GN
Thanks for the info on this. :cheers:

Sponsored

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Gimicky?

so is having a turbo 4 pumping fake noise into your speakers.

so is having an axleback just for the sound.

so is having a wing or spoiler of sorts on a DD car.

Shall I keep going?
All true. But isn't Trackey supposed to be about performance ? Or am I missing something ?

Charles147

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PP w/50AP
All true. But isn't Trackey supposed to be about performance ? Or am I missing something ?
Good point. I guess and this is a stretch the sound makes you feel more performance oriented. :shrug:

Charles147

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PP w/50AP
Stoopid Question: This trackey is mainly geared towards stock cars, right?