Sponsored

0-30 times?

ATLalien

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT PP
So, incredibly, I have not yet found the appropriate place for good 0-60 runs but have at least played around with the 0-30 timer. I'm still holding back a good bit because it's during commute hours on public roads, so I've only been able to hit a best of 2.5 secs. That's with a GT-PP. Saw a video of a stock ecoboost hitting the same, so I know there's more in it.

What are your best 0-30 times?
Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
People actually use these features?

Lowrider

Drive Fast...Live Slow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A poorman's coupe
Tried a 0-60 with no launch control using the light tree. I sucked with a 2.7s for 0-30. I wanna do it again with launch control and stability control off .

Sponsored

50hhh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
You can subtract about .2 -.3 to your 0-60 times using track apps. Its about .3 off on my 3.73 car.

50hhh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Really...How is it off?
No idea..my speedo is off too in my pp. it's slow by about 3mph. I dont think they adjust for the 3.73 gearing and larger tires from the factory.

OP
OP

ATLalien

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT PP
Yeah, I'm sure they're not completely accurate, but it should at least be consistently off by the same amount, so it still should be useful in improving launches. Figure I should be able to break the 2 sec mark like I see a couple have done.

Sponsored

Lowrider

Drive Fast...Live Slow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A poorman's coupe
I wonder what Motor Trend uses...they have 4.4s for 0-60 times on a 3.73 manual gear ratio...im at 2.5s for 0-30. but my launch control don't work...i have activated it twice.

OP
OP

ATLalien

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT PP
I wonder what Motor Trend uses...they have 4.4s for 0-60 times on a 3.73 manual gear ratio...im at 2.5s for 0-30. but my launch control don't work...i have activated it twice.
I certainly hope the magazines are not using the onboard computer for their published stats. I think they have a much more exact way of doing it.

Haven't actually tried my launch control yet as the lowest launch is 3000, and that would be a bit wild in stoplight-stoplight traffic. you might want to look up the procedure though. Once you enable it with the checkbox in the menu, I understand you have to floor it with the clutch in, then the system will hold the launch RPM you selected.

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
0-30 is almost entirely dependent on your tires and thus pointless imo.

A 0-100 thread would be cool though. Runs done in Mexico of course

Lowrider

Drive Fast...Live Slow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A poorman's coupe
I certainly hope the magazines are not using the onboard computer for their published stats. I think they have a much more exact way of doing it.

Haven't actually tried my launch control yet as the lowest launch is 3000, and that would be a bit wild in stoplight-stoplight traffic. you might want to look up the procedure though. Once you enable it with the checkbox in the menu, I understand you have to floor it with the clutch in, then the system will hold the launch RPM you selected.
Huh...I was not engaging the clutch!!!. I was just testing it in neutral. With subies no need to clutch in if testing or not launching.
Sponsored