Sponsored

Every member here needs to sign the RPM act !!

GeorgeC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
The purpose of getting people to sign is to avoid losing our cars. So getting rid of the politicians that are pushing getting rid of our cars is even more productive. If they are not in office, they won't have any say on this to begin with. There is only one party pushing the Green New Deal. There's no way around that. There's no room for our cars in the Green New Deal. A vote for the green new deal is a vote to get rid of our cars. That's not overly political to include on this and it's naive to think there isn't a party that's after our cars.
I don't know if it's accurate to say they're "after" our cars. I think the Dems are working to better our environment after the scorched earth policy of the previous administration.

A change in the way we do mods on our cars is definitely on the horizon. But I feel this could be a good thing in that it could foster change and innovation for the better. That doesn't mean we won't be able to mod our cars it means we need to mod our cars in a cleaner manner.

Necessity is the mother of invention. Americans are some of the smartest people on earth. We will find a way to move forward and I think we'll be better for it.

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Honestly some states may not even bring back EPA checks even if mandated, it was a serious money pit, they closed them down to not being to able to afford/maintain/fund the emission check places. Not to mention the people in poverty claimed its discrimtory against them and racist etc.. all kinds of bad connotations went about it.

not sure HOW the feds could force them enforce it, if the state can't even afford to do it and felt it was better off without it.
Well, it could be like highway funds. Back when the mandated 55mph took effect many states refused to do it. Then the Feds said fine we'll yank all your HWY funding. Zippy do dah everyone got on board.

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
do they send these automated letters back to you guys saying we understand and we support you, and then turn around and vote green new deal? trying to make people feel better, then backstabbing them for their party cause

idk. I just don't trust the political leaders anymore. seem to all want this gasless/virtue signaling world. but will say whatever to whoever to make them happy
The "Swamp" is deep. Trump will be back in 2024 to continue to try to drain it!

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
The "Swamp" is deep. Trump will be back in 2024 to continue to try to drain it!
Never gonna happen. He'll be swamp deep in a Federal Peneteniary.

Sponsored

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
I really feel like we should make each state its own financial bank. ie. the state doesn't get any money from feds. it has to balance its own profits/debts. it would really change how much it hands out to freeloaders etc when there's a negative drain and it can't operate. meanwhile low density areas are doing just fine because everyones working and not freeloading.

if a state can't afford highway, thats on them for giving it to homeless people instead.

I really don't support government handouts for the bad policies. if it doesn't make money, don't support it.
The strong should always defend the weak. Homelessness is not a choice. It's a terrible blight. We are mandated by our humanity to support those less fortunate than us.

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Sorry bro, no one chooses to be homeless. No one chooses to be addicted to drugs. It's just not that simple.

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
The strong should always defend the weak. Homelessness is not a choice. It's a terrible blight. We are mandated by our humanity to support those less fortunate than us.
I disagree,
I've worked my entire life, blue collar guy. Never had a hand out and ran away from home at 17.
I figured it out eating Ramen noodles for a long time.
People are lazy and look for everyone else to do things for them or bail them out when they do stupid shit.
It's common for People in this society have kids to get more money from the government, then they have no fathers and so on....
It's not my problem and shouldn't be!

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
its been a thing for awhile, ive literally read up about people ditching society to be homeless because its "freeing"

this chic literally says she enjoys homeless, go here, all the right videos, just people loving being homeless, its a life style for some.

Screen Shot 2021-03-17 at 4.46.07 PM.png

just links
https://www.shelteroutfitters.com/smartblog/5_the-reason-some-choose-to-be-homeless.html

whole channels dedicated to it, but yeah. majority
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=people+choose+to+be+homeless

don't get me wrong, many of homeless are mentally challenged, or addicts, but they choose this life. I can't feel for them. just can't. we can spend millions on a group of people, and in the end, they will mostly be in the same position by choice.
Probably started in Portland!

OP
OP
WildHorse

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
I asked to please keep politics outta this. So this thread don't get deleted. Obviously some of you's can't put your petty differences/opinions aside for the greater good. Seen plenty of threads like these get deleted just because of that. So IF things go south, there's only one person to blame. YOU. Spread the word, get people to sign, afterwards bitch about who did what all you want. Cheers.

Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
deleted the political esquire post

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
I asked to please keep politics outta this. So this thread don't get deleted. Obviously some of you's can't put your petty differences/opinions aside for the greater good. Seen plenty of threads like these get deleted just because of that. So IF things go south, there's only one person to blame. YOU. Spread the word, get people to sign, afterwards bitch about who did what all you want. Cheers.
You are correct,
My apologies... these topics get me HOT!

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
You are correct,
My apologies... these topics get me HOT!
same.. gets me heated. can't resist.

I still don't think our leadership really supports our efforts. handful of senators vs the overall, they will squash it.

hope not. but isn't looking good for RPM act imo. if it doesn't represent a green new deal/clean air act in the end, they don't think we need it.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Sorry bro, no one chooses to be homeless. No one chooses to be addicted to drugs. It's just not that simple.
So how then does one get addicted to drugs? I always made the choice to not do them and it wasn't even hard. I also chose not to be homeless by doing what needs to be done to keep me warm and fed. It shouldn't be up to me to help someone else that didn't take care of themselves. It damn well shouldn't be forced on me to have less because you say I need to help someone else. It's my choice to help someone up or not. Given the choice I'll help someone up more than I wont. Mandate it and everyone involved can kick rocks.

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
When you're struggling with mental illness choice is removed from the equation.

agree with you, no one should be forced to help someone else. It should come from your heart. Not mandated by a law.
Sponsored