2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Romeo Engine
$150 million investment
5.2L engine will continue, with upgrade
• 6.2L engine will continue, with upgrade
and new displacement to support Super
Duty
• 5.0L Block and Con Rod continue

http://uaw.org/app/uploads/2015/11/...th-numbers-p24-headings-page-6-charts-p25.pdf
HECK YEAH!!!

I noticed this too. 3 new transmissions:D

LiLivonia Transmission
$1.8 billion investment

6R80 transmission will continue

Add three new transmissions

Add gear machining

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Surprised that the Fusion may not live much longer............or is it just that is may be transferred to a non-North American production facility?

• Fusion continues through its current
product lifecycle (based on market demand)

Isn't the new Continental built on these underpinnings?

But talk of a upgraded 5.2 and new transmissions (10r80, anyone?) are great :ford:

OP
OP
Topnotch

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring

PhillMcKraken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost
They will build it in Mexico like the focus. No way they are dropping the fusion.

Sponsored

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
Do they already have upgrade plans for the 5.2 Voodoo or is it a 5.2 based off of the current 5.0...say for a GT500 or Mach 1?

Last edited:

asphal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
Heard rumors from TFLTruck that the new products for the Michigan plant are a New Ranger and new Bronco. Anybody have any other insight on that?

http://www.tfltruck.com/2015/11/uaw-deal-ford-ranger-make-revival-bronco-follow/
Freep was the one that reported it based on some unnamed sources.

"Michigan Assembly: $700 million investment with a new product to be added in 2018, expected to be the Ford Ranger, followed by the revival of the Ford Bronco SUV by 2020. The stamping plant will continue to support the Ford Focus and C-Max families of vehicles until they are moved elsewhere in 2018"

http://www.freep.com/story/money/ca...hind-fords-9-billion-spending-spree/75467028/

I'd kill for a true small off road pickup from Ford to take on the wrangler. Anyone know if this is for real? 2020?

JonnyMustang

Mustang Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Flex EB
What would the Bronco offer to justify being along side the Raptor? Or will the Raptor phase into the Bronco in 2020?

asphal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
why do the Raptor and Bronco have to be mutually exclusive? they will be different dimensions, different pricing/demographic.

i'd hope the Bronco will have a Ford Performance/SVT variant at some point way in the future too.

on topic with Mustang, this agreement covers thru 2020 right? Is this saying the 5.2L continues at least until 2020 with an upgrade at some point between then?

Sponsored

Sick03L

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Mustang Premium Automagic
Hard to fathom that the 5.2 will trickle down to a base GT. A revamped FI 5.2 for the GT500 is what I'm feeling along with NA Mach 1 or something similar.
All speculation at this point.

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
Freep was the one that reported it based on some unnamed sources.

"Michigan Assembly: $700 million investment with a new product to be added in 2018, expected to be the Ford Ranger, followed by the revival of the Ford Bronco SUV by 2020. The stamping plant will continue to support the Ford Focus and C-Max families of vehicles until they are moved elsewhere in 2018"

http://www.freep.com/story/money/ca...hind-fords-9-billion-spending-spree/75467028/

I'd kill for a true small off road pickup from Ford to take on the wrangler. Anyone know if this is for real? 2020?
The US will be just late to the dance... but at least better to arrive late than never. Although on a different platform, the Ford Ranger has been out in other markets overseas since 2010/2011 to present. Ford should have released this sooner IMO and if it did then sales of the Taco would suffer even more... similar to what the Colorado/Canyon is doing.

Here's a current example from the ASEAN market...

SStormtrooPer

Dark Side
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
Single Turbo GenII Coyote Swapped '92 SSP
What would the Bronco offer to justify being along side the Raptor? Or will the Raptor phase into the Bronco in 2020?
If Ford builds a new Bronco, I can't imagine there would be any intent other than competing with the Jeep Wrangler, which dealers can't even keep on lots(at least I hope that would be their target demographic, because if they have other plans, they are not listening to their customers).

That said, the Raptor is a high speed rig -- pre-runner. Plenty of guys take them offroading/crawling, but that's not what it is designed for. There is plenty of room for both a Raptor and a Bronco as two very different off-road rigs in Fords line-up.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Hard to fathom that the 5.2 will trickle down to a base GT. A revamped FI 5.2 for the GT500 is what I'm feeling along with NA Mach 1 or something similar.
All speculation at this point.
The Boss motor has basically don't just that.

I speculated that the voodoo engine wasn't a niche product. It was the dawn of a new platform. And I believe this confirms it.

Of course it will trickle down to the GT.

Just like the LT1 has gone from corvette to Camaro.

The Voodoo eats the LT1s lunch and will position the Mustang ahead.

I think we will see both N/A and FI versions, with the FI coming after the 350 has run its course. That will also make room for a Voodoo powered GT.

Reactions: 113

SStormtrooPer

Dark Side
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
Single Turbo GenII Coyote Swapped '92 SSP
The Boss motor has basically don't just that.

I speculated that the voodoo engine wasn't a niche product. It was the dawn of a new platform. And I believe this confirms it.

Of course it will trickle down to the GT.

Just like the LT1 has gone from corvette to Camaro.

The Voodoo eats the LT1s lunch and will position the Mustang ahead.

I think we will see both N/A and FI versions, with the FI coming after the 350 has run its course. That will also make room for a Voodoo powered GT.
The VooDoo is more complex, louder, and gets worse fuel economy than the Coyote. I doubt we will see it in anything other than low volume SE's. The GT sells too much volume to put that engine in it -- especially with upcoming MPG and emission requirements. It is just not feasible.

And in regards to the 5.2 eating the LT1's lunch -- you could say that about a Coyote too. Put and 8 or 10spd auto in the Mustang behind the 5.0, and it will be right next to the Camaro performance wise.
Sponsored