Shelby GT350R Mustang Debut at Sebring

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring
attachment.jpg

GT350R to Debut at Sebring

http://sportscar365.com/imsa/ctscc/...mustang-to-debut-at-sebring-plus-full-lineup/

Multimatic Motorsports has confirmed the new Ford Mustang Shelby GT350R will premiere at Sebring, the second round of the Continental Tire SportsCar Challenge season, after running its venerable Ford Mustang Boss 302Rs at Daytona to start the year.

The new Mustang premiered earlier this month at the Detroit Auto Show, however no formal confirmation was made of the carā€™s debut date. It had reportedly been slated for a midseason debut, but this announcement brings the debut closer to the start of the year.

The new Mustang was listed within the preseason CTSC car regulations, although without most of its technical specifications outlined except its tire size.

The team has also confirmed its full-season driver lineup. Scott Maxwell and Billy Johnson will partner in the No. 15 Ford, with Jade Buford and team newcomer Austin Cindric in the sister No. 158 Ford.

ā€œI couldnā€™t be more excited for the new season,ā€ Johnson said. ā€œWith the new cars coming, I think weā€™re going to be really strong this year. Iā€™m happy to be co-driving with Scott and Iā€™m looking forward to some podium finishes!ā€

Cindric, the 16-year-old son of Team Penske president Tim Cindric who already has driven a wide variety of machines, replaces Ian James.
James will still represent Miller Racing team sponsors Total Care Auto and Prestige Financial in the No. 23 Alex Job Racing Porsche 911 GT America in the GTD class for the 2015 TUDOR United SportsCar Championship season.

ā€œWhat an exciting season this is going to be!ā€ said James. ā€œWith the two-car Multimatic/Miller effort continuing with two new Mustangs this year, and our expansion into the Alex Job Racing team, itā€™s going to be very busy! Weā€™ll be heading into Daytona thinking about our great friend Roger Miller, and how much we miss him. I know heā€™d be pleased with the way that the 2015 season is shaping up.ā€

Johnson set an unofficial track record at Daytona in the Boss 302R during the Roar Before the Rolex 24 test, and Buford is the defending race polesitter.
http://www.imsa.com/races/sebring-international-raceway-4

Sebring.jpg
Sponsored

Tom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Daily Driver
Could they just be testing it with a pro diver to let the GT350R be all it can be. Track or strip. :D

Voodoo

Elite Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Car
TopNotch, I have asked you this before but you didn't reply to me, so I will ask again. Which GT350 variant did we see testing at the Nurburgring? The regular GT350 or the GT350R?

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]aO9LYepgRq0[/MEDIA]"]

FPCV8YO

Rode Hard & Put Away Wet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 350Z GT Roadster
TopNotch, I have asked you this before but you didn't reply to me, so I will ask again. Which GT350 variant did we see testing at the Nurburgring? The regular GT350 or the GT350R?

That car looks to have the larger splitter and reduced grill opening of the R.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
Thanks TN!

I take it this is a developement season and Multimatic will be the only ones... Similar to the 2010 Grand Am season and the Boss 302R.

Sponsored

Folgrim21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 f150 blk with 6"BDS , 2017pp recaro Mag

I'm pretty sure we saw both

R 350 gt Donson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, F10 BMW M-Sport 2019 GT2
Looks like the "R" front with the Spoiler in back like the regular GT350....which...wouldn't that screw up handling? ( unless it does not cause that much down force in the front, but rather scoops up the air better for the coolers

Tom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Daily Driver
I'm pretty sure we saw both

Looked to me that one was the GT and the other was the GT350.
The GT350 had the vents behind front fender openings the other did not.
The GT350 Had a small Spoiler out back hard to see and the GT350 had way better sound than the other car on the track. Listen to the car going up the back straight, No mistaking it.
There are 4 videos at Nurburgring on youtube, with both cars, you can tell the difference very easy. Especially when they pass each other. :cheers:

Tom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Daily Driver
I didn't look at the grill before. Looks to be the GT350R Grill. If it is, they might be testing it on the GT350
to see if it Performs any better aerodynamically than that of the GT350. Who knows. :shrug:

moodster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
If you watch that car you notice how loose or twitchy it is,that's why that added that other wing or spoiler on the gt350R.
Waiting anxiously for my dealer for the order guide so we can order a 350.
This car is sick!

Sponsored

ohtobbad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
I tend to agree, the more I read, the more I look, the designers nailed it.
If price points ( guessed) are even close, the other car MFG are going to be pissed.
A car for 55-65 k that is kicking the ass of 70,80,90k plus cars and maybe even a few more.
With looks and sounds that are killer.

Ok I am ready, order guides needed, I will order now please LOL

Suddueth13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thunderbird
I'm wondering if maybe the one car is the GT350/GT350R and the other is perhaps a regular GT testing a new performance pack, possibly using GT350 parts?

Tom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Daily Driver
Man, that fpc Voodoo sounds GREAT.......... Can't wait. GT350/GT350R It's all good. I just hope the GT350 Starts in the low 50's. The GT350R is starting to look like it's not going to fit my budget. And I so wanted one.
Guess I need to hit boss up for a raise LOL. :D

TRACK CRAZY GT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang GT, 2010 VW GTI, 2016 Mustang GT350
The Multimatic boys are going to kick ass with the GT350R. Watch out Stevenson Camaro. Can't wait for Sebring.:ford:

5.0 435

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
.07 Shelby SGT #0016 ...18 GT PP1 manual
Anyone know if the Shelby GT 350 R will be @ Sebring this weekend ?
Sponsored