Sponsored

What did you do to your Aussie S550 today..

BruceTheQuail

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
No doubt people will be tiring of pics of my car but here is another. Unfortunately my lovely cf bonnet vents started to blister (unhappy about that as the same is happening to my mirror covers). I have replaced them with more bogan air design units. The build quality seems top notch though the "fake" part of the vent is very obviously fake from close up (the true vent is the one closest to the windscreen).

Instal was easy, good instructions provided.

Look good on the car, maybe a bit over the top but I didn't buy this car with subtlety in mind.
1000006204.jpg
Sponsored

DRU842

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ecoboost Lightning Blue
Road Trip to Gold Coast for a work conference. Car loaded with stuff for the booth & wife looking for a break. 7.6l/100km average for the Pacific and 1 tyre repair at Stormy's in Coffs - thanks guys!

BruceTheQuail

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I replaced my GT performance pack spoiler with one of these:
https://www.subject9.com.au/collect...2-gt500-style-spoiler-premium-gloss-black-abs

A bit of a story to it, I had bought cf mirror covers and hood vent covers and the lacquer had bubbled and lifted and looked rubbish after about 2.5 - 3 years (quite disappointed as the car is usually under a cover but maybe it had a bit too much sun), anyway Subject9 were good sports about it when I moaned and I ended up buying the spoiler.

Quality seems very good. There was a fantastic youtube clip on how to replace the spoiler with heaps of great tips that I will link below, I pretty much did everything recommended save the positioning pegs mean you dont need to do the allen key trick. I had a minor issue with the holes on one side being a fraction out and had to be widened, also the spoiler doesnt make perfect contact all the way around the bases (I sealed it up with some silicone), all up it was a beginner - intermediate level job made a lot easier by the video.

The spoiler looks good, quite a bit more aggressive, which is the bogan look I am after. Actually ity is the same as the one he fits in the clip.

TeeCee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Headlight dramas - Had my 2017 Mustang in for it's yearly service last week at the local Ford Dealer (43000k's) - Dealer advised left headlight bulb is blown & quoted $375 for new bulb plus GST & fitting where they said they'd need to remove the front bumper to access = $$$$ - I purchased one online for $84.95 (Osram D8S 25w) and went about fitting it myself today - What a pain these cars are to just replace a headlight bulb - Removed front wheels & inner guard splash guards to gain access - Fit new HID bulb & still doesn't work so I swapped the left & right fuses (33 & 35) & swapped the right bulb to the left but still no luck - So I'm now stuck with a Mustang which is technically unroadworthy and the dealer suggests they can replace the BCM & Ballast which 'may be' the issue for $1,200 - Gone are the days of a simple H4 bulb!

Follow up to this: Purchased two new headlight bulbs and after a full day (removing both front wheels & inner guards to gain access) left headlight still not working so booked into local Ford Dealer for diagnosis - They simply had to clear a code on Forscan to rectify - WTF didn't they do this at the service & save me the headache of replacing both bulbs because of their original diagnosis?

Ozcraig

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic GT Coupe
Follow up to this: Purchased two new headlight bulbs and after a full day (removing both front wheels & inner guards to gain access) left headlight still not working so booked into local Ford Dealer for diagnosis - They simply had to clear a code on Forscan to rectify - WTF didn't they do this at the service & save me the headache of replacing both bulbs because of their original diagnosis?
There may be a lesson there for all of us? Check for Forscan fault codes before doing anything. Ford dealers are barely able to top up the radiator fluid to the correct level in my experience.

Sponsored

PLAYTYM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT - velocity blue
I recently had to complain (and won) about lose bolts in my doors causing rattling. I said the doors had never been touched/modified so there was no reason for the bolts or rattle….but they came back and claimed I had played with them and charged me to tighten them back up.
Thankfully the ford complaints department backed me up, confirmed what I had been saying all along and refunded my money but not totally impressed by the arrogance of the dealership.
On a completely different note….
Does anyone know of any Mach 1 HP wheels for sale in SA??

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
Thankfully the ford complaints department backed me up, confirmed what I had been saying all along and refunded my money but not totally impressed by the arrogance of the dealership.
Hey Chris just wondering if the name of the dealership starts with a J by any chance?

PLAYTYM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT - velocity blue
Hey Chris just wondering if the name of the dealership starts with a J by any chance?
It’s one of them 😉…… normally they’ve been excellent but I didn’t deal with my usual person so….

DRU842

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
Results from last week's road trip for an interstate conference.

1715169962235-jpeg.jpg

Final score, one plug repaired Michelin, two windscreen chips repaired (dam Queensland roads....)

BruceTheQuail

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Just had my battery die, the terminal was covered with crap and the RACQ guy reckons that this is a common issue with them, best to wash off the crud with hot water. I never thought to even look, I would have thought it would be checked during the services.

Sponsored

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
I never thought to even look, I would have thought it would be checked during the services.
Might be worth checking the extensive list of things they're supposed to do for a service. I had a battery die because Lexus wasn't checking the water level like they should have according to the service schedule, got a new battery from them without argument.

Bulutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Just had my battery die, the terminal was covered with crap and the RACQ guy reckons that this is a common issue with them, best to wash off the crud with hot water. I never thought to even look, I would have thought it would be checked during the services.
Yep had the same problem. 4.5 years old. New battery and new terminal By RACV.

DRU842

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
Suggest you check the cables as well. The corrosion on mine required their replacement.

BruceTheQuail

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Does the corrosion issue still happen with the replacement batteries? I can remember having to look at corrosion at terminals in car batteries like 30 years ago, I didnt realise it still happened

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
Does the corrosion issue still happen with the replacement batteries? I can remember having to look at corrosion at terminals in car batteries like 30 years ago, I didnt realise it still happened
Put a smear of di-electric grease on them.
Sponsored