2016 gt350 vin updates

bdub85

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Package Shadow Black
Regardless of when you order a GT 350 (or any other car), it's going to sit outside - on a post-production test drive (maybe), QC holds, on the lot awaiting transport to the rail yard, at the rail yard, the whole time it's on the train, at the destination rail yard, on the final convoy truck. People who think their cars never get exposed to the elements - including rain, snow, or rail dust and other airborne pollutants - are seriously misinformed.

I will agree that some of the shipping holds seem extreme, but there have been several quality-control holds reportedly ranging from wiring issues to an engine-oiling issue that Ford wants to fix before shipping the cars. Ford is not just holding cars to piss off buyers; the company actually is in the business of selling cars.
Are the holds over? It seems like more cars are moving through now.
Sponsored

Spa2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You don’t want to know
Not that I know of. That's why more newer cars are being shipped than the older ones. One of the fixes takes 6 hours per car.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
Regardless of when you order a GT 350 (or any other car), it's going to sit outside - on a post-production test drive (maybe), QC holds, on the lot awaiting transport to the rail yard, at the rail yard, the whole time it's on the train, at the destination rail yard, on the final convoy truck. People who think their cars never get exposed to the elements - including rain, snow, or rail dust and other airborne pollutants - are seriously misinformed.

I will agree that some of the shipping holds seem extreme, but there have been several quality-control holds reportedly ranging from wiring issues to an engine-oiling issue that Ford wants to fix before shipping the cars. Ford is not just holding cars to piss off buyers; the company actually is in the business of selling cars.
Well mine isn't on a rail car. And it's being shipped by truck because of the 30 mile drive. I'm not complaining about it being outdoors. I'm well aware of that. I'm pissed because of people that have later build dates and later vin numbers getting their cars before me not to mention the ones that live out of state. It makes no sense at all. My dealer keeps telling me when it's going to arrive and all 4 times he's told me a date it's never arrived. I told him to stop telling me. I've called ford performance, ford motor company, ford customer relations, cassens logistics etc. I never get a straight answer. Tell me the truth. Tell me why someone who for example has a build date of 10-28 gets their car before someone who has a build date of 9-28. Not to mention their car gets shipped to Canada. It's bs. I'm driving to flat rock after work today and going to see for myself what's sitting. It's snowing here today so if I can't today I'll be their tomorrow.

disneyfun1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Art
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Prem Calif Special, 2021 Mustang Mach-E
Not that I know of. That's why more newer cars are being shipped than the older ones. One of the fixes takes 6 hours per car.
what is fix they are doing for that?? mine is probably included
built 10/22, vin 0418

Readfast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
17 F350 King Ranch, 17 Focus RS
what is fix they are doing for that?? mine is probably included
built 10/22, vin 0418

2nd on that. Would like to know too.

Mine seems to be in limbo also

Sponsored

treynor

Techie and Track Rat
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2014 FR500 CobraJet
My car has been sitting at flat rock plant finished for 6 weeks. If I don't have it by thanksgiving I'm getting my money back and buying something else. Today I'm driving to flat rock after work to scope out the area and I'll try to post pictures. It's snowing here today so I'm not sure how good the pics will be. If not today I'll go there tomorrow. I refuse to wait any longer. It's pointless now to take delivery of my car when some people that have a later build date and they already took delivery. I call ford daily and they can't answer anything. I give up. If I would of wanted a 526 hp snowmobile I would of bought one. Thanks again Ford!
If it makes you feel any better, my 'R' was built on August 6th and is still awaiting shipping. See for yourself: 1FATP8JZ5G5520007

The wait is difficult, but I'm sure Ford is holding the cars for a good reason and I support their getting the vehicle right before sending it on its way.

Readfast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
17 F350 King Ranch, 17 Focus RS
If it makes you feel any better, my 'R' was built on August 6th and is still awaiting shipping. See for yourself: 1FATP8JZ5G5520007

The wait is difficult, but I'm sure Ford is holding the cars for a good reason and I support their getting the vehicle right before sending it on its way.

Agreed, but letting us know what the issue's are, would probably make us feel better. I think most of us are frustrated mainly because they are so tight lipped.

bdub85

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Package Shadow Black

Does cotus work for you?

Spa2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You don’t want to know
Somewhere in another thread, there's a list of problems that includes an oiling-related issue that takes 6 hours to fix. I don't know if parts are available for the affected cars. If not, the cars will sit in Flat Rock until the parts are manufactured and arrive. Who knows how long that will be?

Ford is not going to ship cars it knows are defective and may stop functioning properly right after they're delivered. This is not uncommon among car manufacturers. When I went to Bowling Green to watch my C6 being assembled, I was really surprised at how many parts (including painted body panels) were stored in a large area at the end of the line and the number of cars that were undergoing repairs there. Most owners never know that happened.

The newer cars coming off the line obviously don't have the problem and are being shipped. If your car is one of the affected ones, you have my sympathies, especially because Ford isn't being very forthcoming about the issue - but really, would you rather take delivery of a car that dies right after you take delivery and has to be rebuilt by your local dealer? :shrug:

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Here's my point. If it's a 6 hour repair as some say, then they can keep the car because it'll be fked up as far as appearance goes. If you think the stripes scratches is bad then the others will be worse. And if it is something they are fixing on a brand new car they can have it also. I don't want it. That's a bad sign for me. One last thing. "IF" they are having problems then they should fix the first ones before they build anymore and get the ones to the buyers first come first serve. Not thee other way around. Our cars are not flawed. It's a logistical problem. According to them. Stop lying ford and give us the truth. Your pssing off a lot of buyers.

Sponsored

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Somewhere in another thread, there's a list of problems that includes an oiling-related issue that takes 6 hours to fix. I don't know if parts are available for the affected cars. If not, the cars will sit in Flat Rock until the parts are manufactured and arrive. Who knows how long that will be?

Ford is not going to ship cars it knows are defective and may stop functioning properly right after they're delivered. This is not uncommon among car manufacturers. When I went to Bowling Green to watch my C6 being assembled, I was really surprised at how many parts (including painted body panels) were stored in a large area at the end of the line and the number of cars that were undergoing repairs there. Most owners never know that happened.

The newer cars coming off the line obviously don't have the problem and are being shipped. If your car is one of the affected ones, you have my sympathies, especially because Ford isn't being very forthcoming about the issue - but really, would you rather take delivery of a car that dies right after you take delivery and has to be rebuilt by your local dealer? :shrug:
Don't tell me they are waiting for a part when they continue to build them and put the sold already built ones on the back burner. That's not right. And if that is the case then they should tell us the freaking truth. I'm tired of being lied to by the dealers delivery time and ford customer service. If my car needs a repair like that now then I don't want it. If they can't be honest then I'll pass. My car according to ford and ford performance has been sitting since early October awating shipment. I live 30 fking miles from flat rock Michigan. This is a lie from ford. How can they say it's awating shipment when people that have cars built later and live further already take ownership. Fess up FORD!

Spa2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You don’t want to know
Here's my point. If it's a 6 hour repair as some say, then they can keep the car because it'll be fked up as far as appearance goes. If you think the stripes scratches is bad then the others will be worse. And if it is something they are fixing on a brand new car they can have it also. I don't want it. That's a bad sign for me. One last thing. "IF" they are having problems then they should fix the first ones before they build anymore and get the ones to the buyers first come first serve. Not thee other way around. Our cars are not flawed. It's a logistical problem. According to them. Stop lying ford and give us the truth. Your pssing off a lot of buyers.
If they don't have the part, they can't fix it. Cancel your order and just go buy something off a dealer's lot before you have a heart attack.

C7 B8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT350R, '11 Mustang GT
Agreed! This delay and lack of communication is annoying. But I applaud Ford for stepping up to stretch their limits in creating something like this GT350. Ford could have taken the path many other mfgs have taken which is slapping FI on it, doing a few bolt-ons and give it a limited paint scheme. End product is far less special and easily copied by aftermarket.

I'm frustrated too by the delay. But rather get a thoroughly debugged product than getting several recalls in my ownership.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
If they don't have the part, they can't fix it. Cancel your order and just go buy something off a dealer's lot before you have a heart attack.
Dude. How can you defend that part comment if they are telling others they are building theirs? If some of our cars are pulled off for repairs then I and you deserve an honest answer. Not a lie and say it's shipping. Stop all production and fix the bad ones first

04Terminator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cindy
Vehicle(s)
GT350 (sold); 04 Cobra (sold)
Well mine isn't on a rail car. And it's being shipped by truck because of the 30 mile drive. I'm not complaining about it being outdoors. I'm well aware of that. I'm pissed because of people that have later build dates and later vin numbers getting their cars before me not to mention the ones that live out of state. It makes no sense at all. My dealer keeps telling me when it's going to arrive and all 4 times he's told me a date it's never arrived. I told him to stop telling me. I've called ford performance, ford motor company, ford customer relations, cassens logistics etc. I never get a straight answer. Tell me the truth. Tell me why someone who for example has a build date of 10-28 gets their car before someone who has a build date of 9-28. Not to mention their car gets shipped to Canada. It's bs. I'm driving to flat rock after work today and going to see for myself what's sitting. It's snowing here today so if I can't today I'll be their tomorrow.
Yikes! If I were you I'd be afraid to take delivery of a car that has waited so long to be delivered.
Sponsored