Sponsored

Lund Racing to announce their tune results today at noon!

Nataphen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT
I'm more interested in the use of race fuel and not have the worry of cheap grade E85

Same here I have a Speedway down the road with 115 and airport nearby with 100LL. I think they have 110 at IRP.

You guys need to learn a little about Ford's modern fuel systems and ECUs before you get sucked in by the old anti-E85 rhetoric.
Sponsored

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
Well since it's not made to run E85 and I can get unleaded race fuel near me and not a good E85 I'll run Sunoco or vp. I'm also aware of the benefits of e85. But until more proof is made and the long terms are proven I'll run unleaded race fuel.

OP
OP
ITLRUN

ITLRUN

HiPo Joe
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R HR186
Well since it's not made to run E85 and I can get unleaded race fuel near me and not a good E85 I'll run Sunoco or vp

So what happens if we just fill the tank with good ole VP C10 (100 octane unleaded fuel). Will the computer keep adding timing until the knock sensor senses detonation? Serious Question. I don't know.

The problem with that is VP C10 is over $10 per gallon. :crazy:

JoshMac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2003 Mach 1, 64.5 Coupe
If the aftermarket part fails or causes another part to fail you couldn't honestly expect the warranty to cover it. Just because you refresh the PCM does not necessarily void your entire warranty. Educate yourself on the Magnusun-Moss Warranty Act. ;)
The OP specifically asked about fuel system components. If you think for a second that FoMoCo will overlook a tune and incorrect fuel usage in regards to a fuel system failure you are mistaken. And the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act requires you as the consumer to prove that whatever modifications that the manufacturer claimed caused the problem, in fact did not. You have to lawyer up and pay someone who is knowledgeable with the process to dig in and evaluate and document in painstaking detail what happened. After all that analysis the evidence must prove without a shadow of a doubt that the culprit was not an aftermarket part in question.

So thousands of more dollars later in fees you might get the chance to take legal action. No tuning your car will not cause them to deny a claim if your seat quits working, but the MM Warranty Act is not the end all for getting your car fixed. Ford gets to make the rules, and decide how they are interpreted. They are no stranger to MM Act, they know that most consumers that have a claim denied don't have the time or budget to pursue the legal council and analysis required to prove without a shadow of a doubt that aftermarket parts had no effect on the failure.

SVT/Ford Performance line has a long history of claim denials. So many 13/14 GT500 owners have had denials of all kinds on stock cars. FoMoCo knows when these type cars are purchased that the likelihood of abusive driving is almost guaranteed. How do you fight an abusive driving denial and how do you even find out what Ford defines as abusive? I have a feeling the GT350 will be even more policed when it comes to powertrain warranty claims. These engines are stellar and what Ford is doing makes it a great time to be a "CARnoisseur" but tens of millions of dollars of design went into this engine and people will install $500 parts to increase power.

The bottom line is if a failure occurs do you feel that your finances and time allows you to pursue a legal action against a multi billion dollar company? Can you provide undeniable proof that a part had no effect on the failure? There is a great thread right now in the Warranty section about a fellow member who has had his Ecoboost's powertrain warranty chopped by FoMoCo and is gonna have to prove his mods could not have any way caused his block to become vented.

Sponsored

OP
OP
ITLRUN

ITLRUN

HiPo Joe
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R HR186
The OP specifically asked about fuel system components. If you think for a second that FoMoCo will overlook a tune and incorrect fuel usage in regards to a fuel system failure you are mistaken. And the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act requires you as the consumer to prove that whatever modifications that the manufacturer claimed caused the problem, in fact did not. You have to lawyer up and pay someone who is knowledgeable with the process to dig in and evaluate and document in painstaking detail what happened. After all that analysis the evidence must prove without a shadow of a doubt that the culprit was not an aftermarket part in question.

So thousands of more dollars later in fees you might get the chance to take legal action. No tuning your car will not cause them to deny a claim if your seat quits working, but the MM Warranty Act is not the end all for getting your car fixed. Ford gets to make the rules, and decide how they are interpreted. They are no stranger to MM Act, they know that most consumers that have a claim denied don't have the time or budget to pursue the legal council and analysis required to prove without a shadow of a doubt that aftermarket parts had no effect on the failure.

SVT/Ford Performance line has a long history of claim denials. So many 13/14 GT500 owners have had denials of all kinds on stock cars. FoMoCo knows when these type cars are purchased that the likelihood of abusive driving is almost guaranteed. How do you fight an abusive driving denial and how do you even find out what Ford defines as abusive? I have a feeling the GT350 will be even more policed when it comes to powertrain warranty claims. These engines are stellar and what Ford is doing makes it a great time to be a "CARnoisseur" but tens of millions of dollars of design went into this engine and people will install $500 parts to increase power.

The bottom line is if a failure occurs do you feel that your finances and time allows you to pursue a legal action against a multi billion dollar company? Can you provide undeniable proof that a part had no effect on the failure? There is a great thread right now in the Warranty section about a fellow member who has had his Ecoboost's powertrain warranty chopped by FoMoCo and is gonna have to prove his mods could not have any way caused his block to become vented.
Did you even read what I posted? How can Ford deny a warranty claim on my drivers side window if I have modified my tune? There is absolutely zero way that it could have anything to do with it. Now, if you have ANY sort of issue that could be related to the aftermarket part, then sure Ford has the right to deny the coverage. As I posted above, if the aftermarket part fails or causes a factory part to fail you CAN NOT expect the Ford warranty to cover it.

That would be as stupid as pulling out of the dealership and curbing your wheels. Then trying to argue with Ford that the wheel should have held up to a curb better. Its just asinine.

I worked in a Ford parts department for 15+ years. I know what I'm talking about.

ihc95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10 401A
I'd stay way from E85 with this car, especially since it's NA.

JoshMac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you even read what I posted? How can Ford deny a warranty claim on my drivers side window if I have modified my tune?
Did you read what I wrote? Spa2K asked if there was a fuel system component failure while using E85 would/could there be a warranty problem? That answer is yes....... I stated that obviously a seat issue or in your example a window issue is not caused by a tune and should not be denied. The question was directed at the Powertrain Warranty, as was my response.

OP
OP
ITLRUN

ITLRUN

HiPo Joe
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R HR186
To be honest, no I didn't read what you wrote because you blasted me for no reason...

I wasn't replying to Spa2K. I was replying in my own thread.

JoshMac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
To be honest, no I didn't read what you wrote because you blasted me for no reason...

I wasn't replying to Spa2K. I was replying in my own thread.
Communication breakdown is what has happened here. We both agree that non powertrain items for the most part are not affected by driveline performance modifications. But I have seen some crazy denials, A/C compressor denied. Tune allowed engine to operate at higher than originally intended RPM. Accessory drive components are not designed to handle extra stress from extended RPM range. Seen that same claim applied to alternators, power steering pumps, and other accessory drive components. While the MM Act is a tool that can be used to help with problems, the time and evidence required to successfully overturn a denial is substantial was the other point I was making.

Sponsored
OP
OP
ITLRUN

ITLRUN

HiPo Joe
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R HR186
Communication breakdown is what has happened here. We both agree that non powertrain items for the most part are not affected by driveline performance modifications. But I have seen some crazy denials, A/C compressor denied. Tune allowed engine to operate at higher than originally intended RPM. Accessory drive components are not designed to handle extra stress from extended RPM range. Seen that same claim applied to alternators, power steering pumps, and other accessory drive components. While the MM Act is a tool that can be used to help with problems, the time and evidence required to successfully overturn a denial is substantial was the other point I was making.
LOL

I have seen plenty of crazy denials too. We have to realize that Ford is in business to make money. I get that.

I'm about to make some crazy mods to my car knowing full well that I could jeopardize my warranty. Fortunately for me, I don't care. I have enough knowledge and connections that I can fix things outside of warranty typically better than they were from the factory.

Now when it comes to my 2015 F250 with a 6.7, I'm not willing to take that chance. I don't know squat about diesels or how to fox them. It's stone stock and will stay that way because I can't afford to screw it up. LOL

:shrug:

Nataphen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT
I'd stay way from E85 with this car, especially since it's NA.

There's no reason not to run E85 because it's NA. Lund gained 23whp over the 93 octane tune, and broadened the torque band considerably. It's a 12:1 compression engine, so they're probably having to bleed off dynamic compression by detuning the cam timing when running 93 octane. E85 obviously makes it possible to optimize the cam timing for maximum power. If E85 is convenient enough for you, and you are already getting an aftermarket tune, go for it!

Jay85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Boss (being built & TT), 2015 Golf R
There's no reason not to run E85 because it's NA. Lund gained 23whp over the 93 octane tune, and broadened the torque band considerably. It's a 12:1 compression engine, so they're probably having to bleed off dynamic compression by detuning the cam timing when running 93 octane. E85 obviously makes it possible to optimize the cam timing for maximum power. If E85 is convenient enough for you, and you are already getting an aftermarket tune, go for it!
^ I agree, why would u stick to 93 when u can run E85 and get those gains!