mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Does it even have a tremec?
Not unless they're dropping one in at their facility. These will all be $150,000+ 830hp 3rd gear time bombs if they don't beef up the MT82 during the build.
Sponsored

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
Since it’s GT based, no. It has the MT82. Unless they’re using the Tremec for the GT now but I don’t think that’s the case
So wait. I must be missing something.

800 + hp into a “lowly” MT82?

By definition that would have to mean that either SA engineers have no idea what they’re doing, or the hundreds (thousands?) of disparaging comments about the MT82 are just typical internet yapping. Can’t have it both ways unless you just want to argue semantics.

Anyway, this whole announcement makes me want to go out to the garage and hug my colder-than-last-week’s-grits Mach 1.

DopamineQuest

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 Carbonized Gray
Not unless they're dropping one in at their facility. These will all be $150,000+ 830hp 3rd gear time bombs if they don't beef up the MT82 during the build.
It's crazy they don't throw a tremec in for $150k....I'd assume they at least beef up the mt-82 somehow but maybe not...

OP
OP
MAGS1

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
So wait. I must be missing something.

800 + hp into a “lowly” MT82?

By definition that would have to mean that either SA engineers have no idea what they’re doing, or the hundreds (thousands?) of disparaging comments about the MT82 are just typical internet yapping. Can’t have it both ways unless you just want to argue semantics.

Anyway, this whole announcement makes me want to go out to the garage and hug my colder-than-last-week’s-grits Mach 1.
They are adding a short throw shifter per their site. Not sure if they have any other plans to beef it up

OP
OP
MAGS1

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
And it’s the MT82-D4. The Tremec is reserved for the Dark Horse

IMG_2900.png

Sponsored

OP
OP
MAGS1

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
The short throw is all that Shelby mentions. And a one piece DS for the manuals. Unless they’re doing stuff that doesn’t make it to the literature

IMG_2901.png

BombZombie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay Adam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby Super Snake
So, the reality of not beefing up the transmission is because although Shelby advertises the performance spec of the Super Snake, they fully know that the vast majority of people that buy these will never push the car long or hard enough to where the MT-82 will reach its limit, either through hard shifting or material fatigue. There's no point to go through that process for SA. They know it's a collectors car for 99.9% of their clientele.

The only other person that has a Super Snake near me is an old Q-Tip that drives his to and from car shows...That's it.

If you go to BaT and look through the historic sales for S550+ Super Snakes, you'll see that very few are actually driven.

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
So, the reality of not beefing up the transmission is because although Shelby advertises the performance spec of the Super Snake, they fully know that the vast majority of people that buy these will never push the car long or hard enough to where the MT-82 will reach its limit, either through hard shifting or material fatigue. There's no point to go through that process for SA. They know it's a collectors car for 99.9% of their clientele.

The only other person that has a Super Snake near me is an old Q-Tip that drives his to and from car shows...That's it.

If you go to BaT and look through the historic sales for S550+ Super Snakes, you'll see that very few are actually driven.
That is not surprising at all. Every Super Snake I've seen has been in the 4 digit mileage range at most,

BombZombie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay Adam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby Super Snake
That is not surprising at all. Every Super Snake I've seen has been in the 4 digit mileage range at most,
Yep, exactly. I have 12,100 miles on mine, so I'm doing my part in enjoying it as much as time allows.

IPB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Par
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350, 2020 GMC AT4 6.2L, 2020 BMW X3M40
Most if it is just personal taste, but the wheels don't do much for me, and the more I look as any S650 vs my GT350 the body lines just don't do it for me. I like some of the aero bits, and love that they appear functional.

Overall its meh to me...seems like its lacking soul.

Sponsored
OP
OP
MAGS1

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Kunes is a large dealership group in the IL/WI area that inventories a bunch of Super Snakes. Here’s their current S550 inventory to get an idea of pricing. There are others that will have one or two but they seem to be biggest around here.

Shelby has stated that S650 Super Snakes will start life as GT Premiums with the 401a package.

https://kunesperformance.com/cars/shelby-super-snake-inventory

2JZFAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 AG GT350
Personally I'm not a fan of the s650 exterior, but the back end intrigues me. I reserve the right to be impressed with what Ford may do to the exterior on some future trims.. I will give credit to Vince on the rear of this super. I'm also cursing his name for "I saw the new car and I said, you know what? I'm gonna save that" as he tells Larry Chen in the video below. That duckbill is smooth IMO.

LC3_0217-2-Enhanced-SR[1].jpg

OP
OP
MAGS1

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Personally I'm not a fan of the s650 exterior, but the back end intrigues me. I reserve the right to be impressed with what Ford may do to the exterior on some future trims.. I will give credit to Vince on the rear of this super. I'm also cursing his name for "I saw the new car and I said, you know what? I'm gonna save that" as he tells Larry Chen in the video below. That duckbill is smooth IMO.

LC3_0217-2-Enhanced-SR[1].jpg

I agree, the duckbill in general makes the back of end these cars look good. I think someone else mentioned it so I’ll use their terminology, the front bumper is too busy. I like the fender vents (functional!) and the hood (Shelby always does nice hoods IMO) but that front bumper needs to be toned down a notch or two. Way too much going on, and Ford is partly to blame with their original design.

OP
OP
MAGS1

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I’m also curious what the “Shelby suspension” consists of. Hopefully it’s at least equivalent to the Ford Performance Track Handling pack that’s offered for the S550 GT’s. Something resembling the GT350R or the GT500 would be even better.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Here’s their current S550 inventory to get an idea of pricing.
I looked at several, none have more than 20 miles.
Sponsored