Shelby American Teasers

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
I don’t think any of us should hold our breath about seeing another Gt500 come out, or 350 for that matter. I’m not even sure how you place a model between the dark horse(what a stupid….’n name) and the gtd.

As to the sneak preview, SA needs to step up there game in the cosmetic department if they‘re going to be limited to just s650 Gt’s. With modern practice’s and ease of production now there’s no reason they can’t have some very nice cosmetic upgrades that include new designed front and rear bumper covers, and side skirts. If Saleen could crank nice stuff in the 80’s amd 90’s SA can do it today.

Given that the gen 7 just came out I would think that it is still too early to be debuting a gen 7 GT500? I really hope that when it comes time to debut that model they use a modified version of the predator or voodoo engines.

Not really sure what this model could be but I think you might be right about this being possibly the next gen Shelby GT or Super Snake.
Sponsored

OP
OP
MAGS1

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I don’t think any of us should hold our breath about seeing another Gt500 come out, or 350 for that matter. I’m not even sure how you place a model between the dark horse(what a stupid….’n name) and the gtd.

As to the sneak preview, SA needs to step up there game in the cosmetic department if they‘re going to be limited to just s650 Gt’s. With modern practice’s and ease of production now there’s no reason they can’t have some very nice cosmetic upgrades that include new designed front and rear bumper covers, and side skirts. If Saleen could crank nice stuff in the 80’s amd 90’s SA can do it today.
I like the hoods used for the S550 Super Snake and Shelby GT. The grille/front bumper area leaves something to be desired. Appears they’re using a wing similar to the CFTP, that could be cool. If they can incorporate some of the body offerings they had for the GT350/GT500 SE/KR, etc, that could look good too. Guess we’ll find out in a few days

OP
OP
MAGS1

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
11:30am eastern on the Barrett-Jackson Facebook page and YouTube channel is the reveal.

CaptDave

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
'21 Grabber Yellow GT500 CFTP, '23 F150 King Ranch
I’m not in the collector world at all but I can see a CSM maybe having some value in that space. To most, the juice probably isn’t worth the squeeze but I can see where some might put value in it. As we know, there’s more than a few folks here that have sent their GT/GT350/GT500 off to SA, so there’s probably some personal/sentimental value there.
I can't/won't speak for anyone else, but for me there's definitely some personal/sentimental value in this. I've always wanted a true Shelby American vehicle, and I've always wanted it to be on the Mustang platform. And it's just recently that I've been able to afford getting into that sphere.

I would make the argument that it doesn't particularly matter if it's Shelby, Saleen, Henessey, etc; they're all about the same at the end of the day (at least in my opinion). So it just comes down to personal taste, and what you want represented on your vehicle. Childhood creates some strong impressions 😆

OP
OP
MAGS1

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I can't/won't speak for anyone else, but for me there's definitely some personal/sentimental value in this. I've always wanted a true Shelby American vehicle, and I've always wanted it to be on the Mustang platform. And it's just recently that I've been able to afford getting into that sphere.

I would make the argument that it doesn't particularly matter if it's Shelby, Saleen, Henessey, etc; they're all about the same at the end of the day (at least in my opinion). So it just comes down to personal taste, and what you want represented on your vehicle. Childhood creates some strong impressions 😆
Your 500 is going in for the KR package, right (if I’m remembering a previous thread correctly)? Thats really cool that you’re able to fulfill one of your car dreams. And exactly why there’s value to some in that CSM. Hopefully the wait isn’t too long!

Sponsored

CaptDave

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
'21 Grabber Yellow GT500 CFTP, '23 F150 King Ranch
Your 500 is going in for the KR package, right (if I’m remembering a previous thread correctly)? Thats really cool that you’re able to fulfill one of your car dreams. And exactly why there’s value to some in that CSM. Hopefully the wait isn’t too long!
Yes sir, the KR package. I agree, hope it isn't too long, but I'm not holding my breath, haha. I'm just doing work and waiting for that magical email and/or phone call; and then finding shipping back for CA as soon as possible 😆. I already miss driving her on the weekends.

You've also never seen so many KR's in your life until you've visited this place. Mr. Segestrom's collection is pretty nuts... https://segerstromshelbyeventcenter.com/pages/your-visit

OP
OP
MAGS1

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Yes sir, the KR package. I agree, hope it isn't too long, but I'm not holding my breath, haha. I'm just doing work and waiting for that magical email and/or phone call; and then finding shipping back for CA as soon as possible 😆. I already miss driving her on the weekends.

You've also never seen so many KR's in your life until you've visited this place. Mr. Segestrom's collection is pretty nuts... https://segerstromshelbyeventcenter.com/pages/your-visit
That looks really cool. I’ll have to add that to the visit list!

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Not to dive into the whole Shelby thing, but I feel it’s worth mentioning, they (in my personal experience, not hearsay) are a good company with a good business model. Like them, hate them, jealous of them… whatever, they produce a good vehicle with a measurable value. The CSM, which no other company can offer, period.

I do not agree with everything they do, like branding a mustang that was not born a GT500 a Super Snake, but it’s not my decision. At the end of the day, they offer a measurable value in the CSM that no other company can produce. Are the other versions (Steeda, Roush, Saleen) also great products, 100% yes, but they do not have the same level of partnership with FMC, nor do they sustain the collectibility value. Is what it is. Personally, I think Saleen is killing it in design, I’d love to own one.

I appreciate their (Shelby) core values, and their products are very good, even if some don’t agree. It is of my opinion that most that think otherwise think they can do a better job and offer a better product. To them I say good luck, and put your money where your mouth is.

nnnnnn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium
I once ran into a guy who had a KR Shelby at a gas station. We spoke a bit about our cars, he was more proud of the fact that it's a KR edition from 2008 if I recall, he went on and on about how fast he had gone in it, being chased in it too lol. Anyway, some folks are obsessed with the name, they're proud of it, it makes them feel special. If you want that feeling then Shelby wants your wallet too. If you see it as nothing more than badging and overcharging, then the name doesn't mean crap. Me personally, I couldn't care less what logo or badge it had because any car could be destroyed in an unexpected incident to make the badging useless. I just really wanted to know what was done to it by Shelby American to make it so special and a KR, I was genuinely curious and I got less info on that.

The cars have value in eyes of folks who care for the badging, those are their customer base. It doesn't matter if it is a GT VIN or not. The 'Shelby' name is all they care about. If you tell them it's a supercharged GT, they might never talk to you again. I always tell people, to most people who are not into cars or care to know about cars, your car is just another mustang and if you try to explain what makes it so special, you've lost them in translation. You can overpay as much as you want for your mustang but it's not Ferrari or a Porsche. If I want to spend excess money on a car I will not modify, I'm getting an exotic brand and will keep it as is.

Last edited:
OP
OP
MAGS1

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Not to dive into the whole Shelby thing, but I feel it’s worth mentioning, they (in my personal experience, not hearsay) are a good company with a good business model. Like them, hate them, jealous of them… whatever, they produce a good vehicle with a measurable value. The CSM, which no other company can offer, period.

I do not agree with everything they do, like branding a mustang that was not born a GT500 a Super Snake, but it’s not my decision. At the end of the day, they offer a measurable value in the CSM that no other company can produce. Are the other versions (Steeda, Roush, Saleen) also great products, 100% yes, but they do not have the same level of partnership with FMC, nor do they sustain the collectibility value. Is what it is. Personally, I think Saleen is killing it in design, I’d love to own one.

I appreciate their (Shelby) core values, and their products are very good, even if some don’t agree. It is of my opinion that most that think otherwise think they can do a better job and offer a better product. To them I say good luck, and put your money where your mouth is.
Hey Jaime. I would agree overall, Shelby makes great products and I love some of the special edition packages they offer (yours being one, CaptDave’s KR being another, among others). One “black eye” on their name with S550 came in this Throttle House review. The body/frame actually cracked. Hopefully it was just a one off but it was not a good look for them that particular day.

Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
I really hope that when it comes time to debut that model they use a modified version of the predator or voodoo engines.
I really want to see an aluminum 6.8 with Coyote style heads.

OP
OP
MAGS1

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Watched the unveil to kick off Barrett Jackson Palm Beach. As @Jmeo said, it’s a Super Snake. 830+hp, magnesium wheels, CF front fenders with functional vents, CF wing and rear diffuser. Pricing will be unveiled in May. 250 will be made for sale in the US market for the 2024 model year. Automatic and manual, coupe and vert. Also looks like there’s a duck tail spoiler in addition to the CF wing.

OP
OP
MAGS1

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
I don't know why but the grill reminds me of a cat fish.

I miss the cobra snake look.
Sponsored