Sponsored

Trade Mach “up” to a GT350 or keep it and modify?

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
which is exactly in the 350 wheelhouse…I have never met, seen or heard of a 350 running from a dig, but get us on a freeway from a roll and it’s game on 😬
So I never realized this until I let a friend drive my car.

He took off and never let it get lower than 4000 RPM. I mean every chance he got he was redlining it. I never imagined that someone would want to drive this way on purpose. It was the "ah-ha" moment where I realized holy crap, some guys love to live in high altitudes.

MACHtobers Very Own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang MACH 1
I have often started to feel that the 350 was the cost to be a first adopter for the performance specs then things started to trickle down to what is the best of the best gt based mustang (mach1) so a 350 is what you buy when you wanted 2023 Mach 1 numbers in 2016.

A lot of sports car manufacturers do this but it tends to cross generations versus staying in one like ours.

c8 stingray is putting down
C7 z06 numbers
And
c7 stingray put down
C6 z06 numbers

etc etc

I think they are both great cars. I got nothing 🤷🏻‍♂️

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I have made the offer… let’s see if he takes me up on it?
I was just in ATL this past week for work. Y’all have some beautiful roads with the fall foliage right now. Stayed in Vinings but was up north around Alpharetta and Woodstock areas too. Too bad I was in a Nissan Sentra instead of my Mustang…

Sponsored

MachNroll

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang Mach 1 Handling Package
This is kinda a mental exercise sort of thing so I get it if you aren’t bored enough to waste bandwidth on it.

I’m determined to keep one manual S550 until they pry the cueball out of my right hand. And I have two A10 S550s in case that happens. I really love pretty much everything about this ‘23 manual Mach 1. But while the Mach 1 is a special Mustang, obviously the 350 is more so and I like special. I’m a pretty day street-only driver so this car is a toy.

So I’m thinking that for what I would spend going up to a real nice ‘19-‘20 350 I could keep I Mach and do pretty much anything I want to the car, from a little to a lot. Obviously that decreases the reliability and potentially increases frustration, and I’ll stipulate to being old and impatient with inanimate things.

I’m not so much asking what I should do but I’m curious what you guys might do, and why.
So I will chime in here as a Mach 1 owner because what the heck, I'm bored on a Saturday night... I just returned a little bit ago today from terrorizing the local countryside... with due regard for public safety of course... The M1 performed great and sounded even better. It was freaking fun. I don't regret buying the car at all. BUT.. When I am having my morning cup of coffee each morning I research where I could get a 2020 GT350 if I was so inclined and IF my wife could somehow get onboard with it (she won't). The 350 is special. No, it's intoxicating. But, so is the M1 in its own way. So, what might I do? Keep the M1 unless I stumbled upon a 2020 GT350, loooowww miles, the right color, clean carfax, one owner, and relatively local, and at a really good price. But it would have to be a phenomenal opportunity and the dealer would need to make a good offer on my M1. And since the chance of a phenomenal opportunity is slim, I am going to continue to enjoy my M1 and be glad I have it!

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
I'm in the Cleveland area, the roads suck around here too. Mid Ohio is about 2.5 to 3 hrs away and the only twistie road nearby is heavily traveled on nice days and there is no pull off so the slow guys can let you by. Also the drivers around here are a-holes and even if they could pull off to let you by, they wouldn't.

Blue 350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 350, 2019 Subaru Forester, 1971 Chevelle
That's easy get the 350 and live happily ever after.

Sponsored

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
Moved to Atlanta from Sagamore Hills, Ohio… hated Ohio, but still a Browns fan.
It’s like luggage, you keep it forever…!!!!!!!!
Poor guy LOL! The Clowns are like a birthmark you rationalize into living with. You can do better!

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
I've been here most of my 56 years and I was born and raised to hate the Clowns. I've been a Steelers fan since I got Chuck Noll and Terry Bradshaw's autograph back in the summer of 78 on autograph day at the Latrobe training facility.

OP
OP
young at heart

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
Let’s see if the OP responds to my offer… not many GT350 folks offer “drive my Shelby” offers.
Dave, that is indeed a very generous offer. If this were more imminent I’d take you up on it in a flash and if and when it does become closer I’ll try and see if you’re still open. At this point it’s still exploratory and mostly mental exercise but that’s how it goes with me. I tend to be a little impulsive. One day I’m thinking about it, next day I’m doing it. 74 is not a real good age to procrastinate.

A big problem would be finding a 350 that was close enough to new to suit me. I came real close on a 40 mile 500 last month but ultimately wasn’t willing to give up my only manual.

What I really need to do is to somehow learn to be satisfied with what I have. My manual Mach is still around 800 miles and if I’m being painfully honest it’s all I can handle (remember, street only) and probably then some.

OP
OP
young at heart

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
Your avatar says "Deep South"... pm me if you are near Atlanta.
I swapped seats with a new Mach1 owner... I drove his and he drove mine back to back on the same roads. Owners rode shotgun.
There is quite a difference between the two... we both agreed.
This sounds very familiar.

Did you do a video of this?
Sponsored