What gauges? AEM vs AutoMeter

sube83sti

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Amit
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1 - A10 - Magneride 2016 Infiniti Q50 Red Sport
Looking to purchase the dual Auto Meter A-pillar pod. Thinking about getting a boost gauge and air/fuel gauge. Not sure if a fuel pressure gauge is better suited than the air/fuel gauge. My car is getting whippled soon and has 401a. Not sure if any gauges can shift color.

Do you guys recommend AEM or Autometer? They both have many series of gauges and not sure what to go with. Looking for a black faced gauge that can light up blue or red.
Sponsored

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Doesnā€˜t your car have air fuel gauges on the instrument cluster? My Bullitt has it.

Itā€™s been a long while since Iā€™ve used an Auto Meter FP gauge, but what I do remember is the sending unit had to be filled with antifreeze and a line run into the car to connect to the gauge. If I had to do it again today, I would opt for an electric gauge, as the only other alternative would be to run a fuel line inside the car and I donā€™t think that is very safe.

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Auto-Meter Pro-comp Ultra Lite.

andrewtac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mark
Vehicle(s)
F250. 2020 GT 400A
I used glowshift. I wanted fuel and oil pressure in one. Also their boost gauge. I have replaced the boost gauge with the snow controller.

Slopoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 10R80
I like the AEM X series gauges. They are thin and light.

Sponsored

silverbullet85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Gt
The car already has air/fuel in the dash no need to monitor that with an extra gauge. Fuel pressure and boost gauge can be useful for keeping an eye on things and can help when having issues. I plan on a boost gauge soon but not sure where I want to mount it.