Floor filled with water before my eyes

dirtwarrior

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 3.7 mustang
I stopped by a car wash to use vacuum they are much stronger than I have. Well I got most of it up. Well the sky opened up and it poured. The water did not come from where I thought.
Leaves me to check out the sticker. I looked for them and could not find them. Can someone take a picture so I can locate them?

Oh yeah once I fix leak should I pull carpet and treat the floor and reseal the wire connection?
Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Open the door as wide as it will go and then look through the gap between the door and the fender - they look like painted band aids on my 20 :

3-AB3-C8-F9-271-B-4504-9853-3-E2-D0-B28-FE64.jpg

WD :like:

OP
OP
dirtwarrior

dirtwarrior

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 3.7 mustang
Still I don't see them. Can you pull back a little to get a reference point?
thank you for the picture

OP
OP
dirtwarrior

dirtwarrior

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 3.7 mustang
The stickers look intact. When using the giant shop vac the floor seem like it was drying except in 1 place anound the stud that holds the floor mat in place, the outer 1, water still gushing in. Door jams seem dry.

Sponsored

OP
OP
dirtwarrior

dirtwarrior

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 3.7 mustang
On you tube said to check the drip holes where cabin air filter that is next

Redraven571

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 Convertible Triple Yellow
On you tube said to check the drip holes where cabin air filter that is next
If you have a vert, look at the other threads here, most have problems stemming from the drain "system" for the convertible top. We had heavy rain last Friday/Saturday and I had 2-2 1/2 inches of water on passenger side; I think my drains are clogged when the water does drain, it doesn't seem to be coming from what have been identified as the drain holes under the car.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/my-convertible-leaks-in-heavy-rain.104545/

OP
OP
dirtwarrior

dirtwarrior

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 3.7 mustang
I ordered a 3 foot brass rod 1/8 thick. I will sharpen 1 end and flatten the other end. I will clean all the drip holes I find

OP
OP
dirtwarrior

dirtwarrior

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 3.7 mustang
The water is coming in from the area below the trim where rear seat belts fasten. Is it ok to drill a larger drain hole at the bottom? If so how do you treat hole so it will not rust? It looks like the rocker trim will have to come off. Is this an easy job?
This is a great car and want to fix the issues with the water. Any help is greatly wanted.

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
First off-water is insipid. It is difficult to pinpoint the leak by where the water ends up. Second, don't be drilling holes to make any new drains! You really need to figure out where the leak is coming from and correct the issues there. I know it is a PITA, but drilling drain holes willy-nilly in not the answer.

There are drains below the roof mechanism. Pop off the cover and get a flashlight and look down in there for any water. There might also be some seam sealant that is clogging things up down there too. Where the body panel meets the rocker.

Pnygrl61

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danae
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertable
I've never posted on here so I'm not sure where this will end up. I live in Florida and I have a nice GT convertible. I had some leaves underneath the hood and getting jammed down in the convertible top ledge so I went to one of those hand held, high pressure car washes to blow them out. Unbeknownst to me, there is a drainage system in there. 😫 Apparently I blew a leaf somewhere and caused it to be clogged up or the water pressure was too hard, I don't know. Ends up I got a leak into my trunk which got mold. Now I am throwing money at my car trying to save it, because I had a bad experience with mold in a condo and it's made me very sick. It's a beautiful car, and I literally could get just under three grand less than what I bought it for. That's insanity, so it makes sense to try to save it. I just bought a ozone machine should be here tomorrow anybody have any similar situation? Tips? Moral support?
Sponsored