Considering H-Pipe + Active Exhaust

Scooter MGee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
'20 MGT, '18 H-D Fat Bob 131ci, '17 Yaris
I can highly recommend the Borla SwitchFire as can a few others here. I am running it with my active exhaust.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Kylemacca01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I can highly recommend the Borla SwitchFire as can a few others here. I am running it with my active exhaust.
Hadnt seen this, looks interesting but is a good wack more expensive.

Out of interest has anyone heard a stock US car with active, wondering how much quieter (if any) the UK version with the gpf is?

Supersolo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Hadnt seen this, looks interesting but is a good wack more expensive.

Out of interest has anyone heard a stock US car with active, wondering how much quieter (if any) the UK version with the gpf is?
As I understand it;

I believe U.S. GTs, are fitted with CATs, so there's still some obstruction in the exhaust, which will effect sound.

Where as my, U.K. 19MY GT has a CAT with integrated OPF (refered to as a GPF in the U.S.) filter, assembly.
It still looks like a large can in the exhaust pipe, but it consists of both the CAT matrix and an OPF matrix.

IME, this combined CAT and OPF assembly, reduces the sound even further than just a CAT would.
Furthermore, the CAT-OPF filter, increases exhaust gas pressure, between the exhaust valve and the CAT-OPF assembly.
Effectively reducing power and increasing cylinder temps.

pr8196

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Proj
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT 5.0 Need for Green - Custom Pack 2 with Magneride adaptive suspension, rear spoiler
Whichever you get installed, from wherever you get it installed, do ask for warranty for the works done. I got borla switch fire x pipe installed by Modur Stang last summer, now the wiring loom which goes into right side active exhaust valve is damaged or so, it’s stuck in race mode. I get message - exhaust mode selection not available. modurstang basically fobbed me off by saying they don’t have time to look into the problem. I’ll be getting it fixed at Ford dealer along with my service at my expense. It’s not in warranty as exhaust has been modified.

OP
OP

Kylemacca01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
As I understand it;

I believe U.S. GTs, are fitted with CATs, so there's still some obstruction in the exhaust, which will effect sound.

Where as my, U.K. 19MY GT has a CAT with integrated OPF (refered to as a GPF in the U.S.) filter, assembly.
It still looks like a large can in the exhaust pipe, but it consists of both the CAT matrix and an OPF matrix.

IME, this combined CAT and OPF assembly, reduces the sound even further than just a CAT would.
Furthermore, the CAT-OPF filter, increases exhaust gas pressure, between the exhaust valve and the CAT-OPF assembly.
Effectively reducing power and increasing cylinder temps.
Thats my understand also. Worth noting too that rhd cars have more restrictive headers than the US cars, which may quieten them down further.

Difficult to find anyone that has actually heard both though for a proper comparison.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Kylemacca01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Did you buy this from the US or is there a UK distributor? Seems a fair bit more expensive than an h pipe, have you heard both and do you think it's worth the additional cost?

Scooter MGee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
I'm in the U.S.. I purchased mine from CJPP. I had an h-pipe previously and hated the tinny, rapsy cheap sound.

pr8196

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Proj
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT 5.0 Need for Green - Custom Pack 2 with Magneride adaptive suspension, rear spoiler
Did you buy this from the US or is there a UK distributor? Seems a fair bit more expensive than an h pipe, have you heard both and do you think it's worth the additional cost?
Nemesis can import and supply borla switchfire x pipe.

Scooter MGee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
It's all in the design. Borla did a great job.

Sponsored

Macwest

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 Steeda Q500 Enforcer
Bunch of sound clips:

pr8196

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Proj
Vehicle(s)
Borla switch fire x pipe is so far the best I have heard across YouTube videos and personally enjoyed it day and night and impressing passer bys.
Sponsored