Sponsored

Steering wheel mode

zsameer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost Premium with PP
I believe you have to hit the "OK" button when the screen prompts you, to lock in a particular setting.

I might be wrong, but try it. I hit "OK", and it stays where I put it.
Tried hitting the OK after switching but still wont keep. Its really weird that for some it stays and for some it does not. Great quality and consistency Ford :doh:
Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Tried hitting the OK after switching but still wont keep. Its really weird that for some it stays and for some it does not. Great quality and consistency Ford :doh:
Maybe you have to hit & hold the switch? I tend to do that all the time.

Hell, has anyone read the damn manual? I sure as hell haven't.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
It looks like Premium cars, with selectable driving modes, do not keep the steering setting. Evidently the EPAS interacts with the driving modes somehow, so it defaults to normal when you change driving modes.

And because the base cars don't have the driving modes, the steering setting stays where you put it.

That's just my take from reading the manual on-line.

Blue Moon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Perform Pack Std
Makes sense to me. I have a base car and it stays in Sport.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
There is an update available on the 2018s with the 401A package that will allow the steering mode to stay where you set it. I just had it done on mine.

Sponsored

hbash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Howard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
I sometimes get a message that the Steering Wheel Adjustment Mode isn't available to change. Anyone have an idea about this?

Thanks.

3rdRGR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush RS2, 2011 Nissan Murano SV
Normal or Sport most of the time. Only if I'm driving at slower speeds in the city doing a lot of turns do I move to Comfort. Sport on the Highway is nice because it doesn't seem as darty.

hbash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Howard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I sometimes get a message that the Steering Wheel Adjustment Mode isn't available to change. Anyone have an idea about this?
Are you in Sport+ or Track? The steering defaults to Sport in those modes and can't be changed.

Sponsored

pyrophilus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 ShadowBlack GT Premium401a, PP1, ActiveExhaust
It looks like Premium cars, with selectable driving modes, do not keep the steering setting. Evidently the EPAS interacts with the driving modes somehow, so it defaults to normal when you change driving modes.

And because the base cars don't have the driving modes, the steering setting stays where you put it.

That's just my take from reading the manual on-line.
On my 15 and 17 premium cars, the steering mode adjustable only in normal drive mode (where the steering was locked to the drive mode type), and for example, if you put the car in normal, and then change steering to sport, and cycle your engine, next time the steering is still in sport (only drive mode reverse back to normal on engine cycle).

But if you clicked the drive mode and went to different settings, and then turn off your engine, at next cycle when mode defaults back to normal, the steering also reversed back to normal as the normal drive mode has normal steering defaulted.

If you never touched the drive mode and kept that in normal, and then put the steering in sport, turning engine on/off should keep the steering in sport.

In my 19, i did a my mode, where i put exhaust to track and steering to sport, and gauge in normal, and saved to my mode. When i start my car, i click drive mode twice to my mode and it will set steering and exhaust to the setting I want.