Sponsored

Do you experience vibration and rumbling between 50 and 70 mph?

• Total voters

Alan2955

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ecoboost premium auto convertible standard suspension optional 19 inch wheels
Update: New diff installed. Still vibrates. Not as much maybe. The vibration harness says that the detected variance has been eliminated. I asked them to put it on a lift and bring it up to speed. They did and we could not see any vibration in the drive shaft anywhere. The mechanic said the diff had a different yoke than my old one. Came off the 2018 assembly line.

One of the staff has a 17 GT CS Convertible and I asked if I could take it for a spin. She agreed and I drove it about twenty miles. Guess what? It vibrated as much if not more than mine.

Now what? Maybe my expectations are not realistic. I am going to switch to a different brand tire when the opportunity presents and see if that helps.
I fear low expectations are needed on these cars. I’ve test driven one convertible and rented 3. All eco boost automatics. 3 vibrated badly, and one was semi tolerable but still had abnormal vibrations. I have a 2014 convertible with no such issues. I’d love to get a newer one but I have to be convinced this issue has been dealt with. Maybe the 2018? Time will tell.
Sponsored

jgedde

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP, M6, Triple Yellow
So nobody has taken the time to loosen the two bolts that hold the hanger bearing assembly and adjust it? It fixed my vibe... I'm hose clamp free now!

It's so easy to do. I don't know why anyone hasn't tried it.

As far as I can tell, we have two methods that kill the vibration: hose clamp method, adjusting the hanger bearing assembly. Yet everybody is still carrying on about how Ford won't help them, or selling their cars in disgust. WTF people?

Sorry to be so abrasive, but come on guys! Are we not car people? Are we not good with a wrench or know somebody who is? In my mind, even on my car which is under warranty, the dealer is a last resort...

John

keltymd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP
So nobody has taken the time to loosen the two bolts that hold the hanger bearing assembly and adjust it? It fixed my vibe... I'm hose clamp free now!

As far as I can tell, we have two methods that kill the vibration: hose clamp method, adjusting the hanger bearing assembly. Yet everybody is still carrying on about how Ford won't help them, or selling their cars in disgust. WTF people?

Sorry to be so abrasive, but come on guys! Are we not car people? Are we not good with a wrench or know somebody who is? In my mind, even on my car which is under warranty, the dealer is a last resort...

John
I think you were just lucky. With all the people that have put in one piece shafts and have had one or more factory DS replaced I think that has been done.

hlh1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10

John
I didn't know this was adjustable. How is this done? Adjust it how? I'm interested.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Have you installed it yet? Did it help? :)
No not yet, my car is at my tuner getting my pro charger installed.. i have no eta right now.

Sponsored

jgedde

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP, M6, Triple Yellow
I didn't know this was adjustable. How is this done? Adjust it how? I'm interested.
It's adjustable as far as it can be moved within the allowance of the holes in the bracket. I'd tell you exactly how I did it but I already posted it in this thread (which has gotten WAY too big) and I can't find it. We all came up with two fixes: the hanger bearing bracket and the hose clamp fix. Both have worked for my car. Neither has made it to a sticky. Neither was allowed to be its own thread. As such, we're stuck with having to read 223 pages of posts about off topic things like what is going this weekend, etc. Again I'm being abrasive and bitter, but this thread has grown so large as to be useless to anyone except someone who wants to spend HOURS if not DAYS reading through it all trying to pull out the few bits of good info there is amongst all the whining...

If anyone with a relentless vibe is on Long Island, PM me, come to my house and I will make your vibe go away...

John

smokinzx14r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT A6 3.55 Gears ..
It's adjustable as far as it can be moved within the allowance of the holes in the bracket. I'd tell you exactly how I did it but I already posted it in this thread (which has gotten WAY too big) and I can't find it. We all came up with two fixes: the hanger bearing bracket and the hose clamp fix. Both have worked for my car. Neither has made it to a sticky. Neither was allowed to be its own thread. As such, we're stuck with having to read 223 pages of posts about off topic things like what is going this weekend, etc. Again I'm being abrasive and bitter, but this thread has grown so large as to be useless to anyone except someone who wants to spend HOURS if not DAYS reading through it all trying to pull out the few bits of good info there is amongst all the whining...

If anyone with a relentless vibe is on Long Island, PM me, come to my house and I will make your vibe go away...

John
For those looking for his post it's on page 213 and post number #3193 << just click on the #3193 and it will take you right to the post ..

hlh1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
John, Thanks for the write up! And Smokin thanks for finding it!

Yes, this is a massive thread, and contains a lot of good info. I've read most of it, start to finish.

MikeD1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat

John
You missed the point over why there is so much angst over Ford not fixing these cars !

In my case I had not 1 or 2 but 3 separate warranties that I paid for and you can GD better believe I expected them to make my $55k car correct. But all I got was BS from all 3 players who stood around pointing the finger at each other (Ford, Roush & the dealer) refusing to even try the hose clamp fix until the very end of repair attempt #5 (during which they kept my car for > 80 days).

I don't have the skills, tools or agility to crawl around under my car trying to do PD - I paid out the azz for the warranties to avoid having to do that very thing.

So yeah, I'm bitter as hell these 3 bozo's couldn't do a simple fix on my car ! I wasted a year fiddling around with it & them & finally gave up & Lemon Lawed the thing with only 1,200 miles on the ODO.

And here we are, 2 years later and they still don't have a comprehensive set of instructions for the dealers & FSE's to follow when a customer complains about vibrations. It's total BS on Ford's part - crank out the cars, stonewall the complainers, do buybacks as needed for those willing to go thru the process.

Sooo, not only did they lose the sale of a Mustang (I replaced it with a Hellcat), they also lost the sale of an SUV as I bought a Durango last month. Didn't even bother looking at anything Ford had to offer and doubt I ever will again - can you hear me now Ford Service ???

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Whats involved with the adjustment procedure of the carrier bearing?

Sponsored

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Ok thats for the stock ds i have a one piece. I mean mine is really close but not perfect, my balance masters loop will take care of the rest once i get it on!

hlh1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
Looking for the report on the balance Masters Loop.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Looking for the report on the balance Masters Loop.
Yes i know but my car is at my tuner getting a Pc D1x installation.. looking at two weeks before i get it back.

hlh1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
Yes i know but my car is at my tuner getting a Pc D1x installation.. looking at two weeks before i get it back.
Ok, I'll be patient... :D
Sponsored