Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
The time is drawing nearer. The R is shipped and I am hoping to have it home by the end of the week. In order to prepare for the journey home I invested in some temporary PPF to prevent any damage from road hazards. Through some research I found positive/inconclusive reviews about both of the leading products Xpel Tracwrap and Trakk Tape. Since I plan to use a lot of it I went ahead and ordered both for experimentation purposes. I will report back on what I find after the drive home

ZL1 Addons titanium lug nuts, titanium tow hook, and rock splash guards

Did you plan to use 6gr wheels and store your CF's? I was looking for a set of lug nuts for use with 6gr wheels to cover the longer studs. Is this what you are up to with those lugs?

Thanks

OP
OP
50 Deep

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Did you plan to use 6gr wheels and store your CF's? I was looking for a set of lug nuts for use with 6gr wheels to cover the longer studs. Is this what you are up to with those lugs?

Thanks
I like the open ended titanium lugs for weight reduction (minimal) and because I will be upgrading to extended studs in the rear eventually. My winter wheel is going to be another set from Signature. The carbon fiber wheels are one of the coolest things about the car, so I will keep them on for the summer. I was very disappointed with the caliper clearance from the 6GR setup. They are a good looking wheel though.

Etchhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350R
I like the open ended titanium lugs for weight reduction (minimal) and because I will be upgrading to extended studs in the rear eventually. My winter wheel is going to be another set from Signature. The carbon fiber wheels are one of the coolest things about the car, so I will keep them on for the summer. I was very disappointed with the caliper clearance from the 6GR setup. They are a good looking wheel though.
Was the clearance an issue on street as well or just track duty? Picked some up and was planning on using MP4S tires (305 square) for my R- heard the same issue on track with these wheels.

Thanks- MG

OP
OP
50 Deep

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Was the clearance an issue on street as well or just track duty? Picked some up and was planning on using MP4S tires (305 square) for my R- heard the same issue on track with these wheels.

Thanks- MG
I had an issue on the street as well. My understanding is the concern wasn't addressed with the new 5 either. I just don't want to pay money for an item that may cause damage to my car, damage to the part, or make the item harder to resell later.

Sponsored

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
I had an issue on the street as well. My understanding is the concern wasn't addressed with the new 5 either. I just don't want to pay money for an item that may cause damage to my car, damage to the part, or make the item harder to resell later.
has there been damage from those 2 wheels?? if so i will just keep cussing while trying to clean my oem 350s

OP
OP
50 Deep

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
has there been damage from those 2 wheels?? if so i will just keep cussing while trying to clean my oem 350s
Scratched the caliper and the inner barrel of the wheel.

dwalker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 white with blue stripes "H1807"
That's disappointing....

I did catch wind that another company (can't say who), will be coming out with an R replica wheel in the next 2-3 months as well. I believe I will wait around and see what sizes they offer.

straightliner1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R #HR262 / 2018 GMC Yukon XL Denali
I too have experienced caliper powdercoat damage and wheel barrel damage on my CF R wheels - no track time as of yet. Disappointing, but it is what it is...

swedensky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Lariat 3.5, 2016 GT350
I too have experienced caliper powdercoat damage and wheel barrel damage on my CF R wheels - no track time as of yet. Disappointing, but it is what it is...
Wait..on your CF wheels? I thought we were Talking about the the 6GRs?

Sponsored

straightliner1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wait..on your CF wheels? I thought we were Talking about the the 6GRs?
They/we are. My results clearly vary. Lots of chips in the barrel, but then again I'm having two wheels and the wing warrantied due to paint issues so it could be outside of debris contact.

dwalker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 white with blue stripes "H1807"
The other guys were talking about the 6GR wheels actually. The pictures I've seen up close I can definitely tell they are very close...

OP
OP
50 Deep

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
J, you are talking about paint/finish related issues, but not actual caliper to barrel contact or damage from debris getting stuck in there. As a disclaimer you also have put some chemicals on and removed them from the wheels that may have contributed to some of the paint problems.

The 6GR wheels are having design related problems related to the barrel being too close to the caliper and debris getting caught in there to cause damages.

straightliner1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J, you are talking about paint/finish related issues, but not actual caliper to barrel contact or damage from debris getting stuck in there. As a disclaimer you also have put some chemicals on and removed them from the wheels that may have contributed to some of the paint problems.

The 6GR wheels are having design related problems related to the barrel being too close to the caliper and debris getting caught in there to cause damages.
The calipers themselves indeed have rock/debris strikes, not damage from any cleaning agents. All of my wheels have chips in the barrel also, along with the aforementioned paint lifting. Two separate issues.
Sponsored