papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
They did the same last time during my first service, the front was a bit misaligned. Now everything is perfect like the first day :D

Now, I need to repair my windsreen as I have a stone impact on it :doh:
Oh I forgot to say that they are NOT a Ford dealer! :)

Damn, a stone impact? I hope it's not too serious.
Sponsored

John577

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Fastback Mustang GT
Yep, a bad stone impact in the middle of the windscreen ...

And in addition to that, due to all the stones on the road, it damaged my plastidip on the mirror covers so I had to remove it completely ! :tsk: :rant:

That's the last picture of today with my old white mirror covers ...

Last edited:

comm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vaclav
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Well, John, I'm with you. I was driving out of my garage and a very strong wind slammed with a door to my car... I was so pissed (the very first scratch @5800 km) that I went immediately to paint shop to get it fixed... :)
2016-07-12 07.05.22_resize.jpg
2016-07-12 13.22.49_resize.jpg

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
they managed to buff out that? nice...

MustangMustHaves

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mustangmusthaves.be
First Name
PJ
Vehicle(s)
Euro 2016 Mustang Ecoboost MT Triple Yellow
Our windshields actually cracks pretty fast once they've been hit by a stone. I had it in the first week of owning the car. Was like 2cm big after impact. Made an appointment straight away. By the time the windshield arrived at the dealer (2 days later) there was this big crack all the way from the bottom to the top of the wind shield. Thing just kept growing every kilometer I drove. They just placed a new windshield... so, easy fix

I'm actually waiting to see where the damages in the paint from stones on the road accure most. Once I know I'll get them fixed and add some of that see through protection they have now in those car wrap shops. Doing the whole car in it is just stupidly expensive. Asked for a quote: €6000 :lol:

Sponsored

Lsstefan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefan
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
Our windshields actually cracks pretty fast once they've been hit by a stone. I had it in the first week of owning the car. Was like 2cm big after impact. Made an appointment straight away. By the time the windshield arrived at the dealer (2 days later) there was this big crack all the way from the bottom to the top of the wind shield. Thing just kept growing every kilometer I drove. They just placed a new windshield... so, easy fix

I'm actually waiting to see where the damages in the paint from stones on the road accure most. Once I know I'll get them fixed and add some of that see through protection they have now in those car wrap shops. Doing the whole car in it is just stupidly expensive. Asked for a quote: €6000 :lol:
I got a quote for a full car wrap from 2200`€/2500€ depending on the color I choose. Xpell Ultimate might be more expensive though, like 4/5K ish.

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
Two days ago I did my first tires* rotation and alignment:

Four guys all working on my car. Lots of questions about it and lots of compliments :)
They did a really professional job, about 45 min and asked 65 eur.

:cheers:

* I prefer the US version "tire" to the UK "tyre" :)
Rotation? do you mean front/back swap? I'm considering this on my service in a week or two, Thx

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Yes front\rear swap. And just FYI, our TPMS system has auto-learning feature like the US version, so you don't need to use a dedicated remote to let the car know which tire is in which place :)

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
Yes front\rear swap. And just FYI, our TPMS system has auto-learning feature like the US version, so you don't need to use a dedicated remote to let the car know which tire is in which place :)
Thx! Didn't they advised you against it? I have been advised against it a few times, but still I would like them to wear out a bit more even before putting a fresh set on.

Sponsored

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
I am a long time customer at this garage, and they always said me that it was too late to swap an so on.. so this time I let them checked some time ago and they advised me to swap about at this time. Tires were a bit out of alignment but now they are ok :)

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
huh... midsummer rotation? I always do a rotation when I swap from winter to summer and back... never thought anything about alignment though - figured that was for the tyre to be properly seated on the rims?!

OP
OP
Ericc B

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
never thought anything about alignment though - figured that was for the tyre to be properly seated on the rims?!
No that's balancing. Alignment is adjusting the wheel geometry of the car: toe, caster and camber. Although you can't adjust caster or camber with a stock suspension.

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
I am a long time customer at this garage, and they always said me that it was too late to swap an so on.. so this time I let them checked some time ago and they advised me to swap about at this time. Tires were a bit out of alignment but now they are ok :)
Thx Papinist, will definetly ask to have a look first.

huh... midsummer rotation? I always do a rotation when I swap from winter to summer and back... never thought anything about alignment though - figured that was for the tyre to be properly seated on the rims?!
Maybe they will smoothen out a bit faster this way ;) I mean during the summer...

No that's balancing. Alignment is adjusting the wheel geometry of the car: toe, caster and camber. Although you can't adjust caster or camber with a stock suspension.
That's what I thought, and I'm not sure if the Steeda ones, Maximum Motorsports or the J&M Caster Camber Plates are legal here in Belgium... but when lowering the car there is no other choice than adding aftermarket adjusters if I understand it correctly.

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
oh right! so is there any reason we would need to do "alignment" on a stock car then?
Sponsored