Video: Shelby GT350 Ordering Info - Ford addressing GT350 use & heat issues

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
You have to pay to play! If you choose the tech pack over the track pack and intended on prolonged track sessions, maybe you should have bought the TP or the R. I knew from day one I was going to hit the track hard in this bad boy, so, I purchased the TP. All the research I did prior to ordering my car told me that I had to order the TP. Couldn't spend the extra on the R, out of my price range. I know we all like to be heard, but this sounds like a lost battle gentlemen.
Can you refrain from posting if you don't have anything new or constructive to add for us base/tech owners.

Instead go read the other thread " 3 350's at PBIR in limp mode " where some constructive comments and possibly solutions have been discussed. :thumbsup:

Lost battle, i don't think so .
Sponsored

84venom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Cobra R, 2016 GT350 TP DIB w/White Stripes
Hey guys, I started a "Poll" thread attempting to gather some real data on this overheating issue. I'll include a link to it at the end.

Just talked to Tremec transmissions about what they consider safe operating temps. The guy told me that 300 is the absolute max before things start going bad. I know Mattlyx posted that his car went into limp mode at precisely 280, which makes perfect sense. We need more data collected, and all in one place so it can be reviewed. Please add to this thread if you have any real data....

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45205

Also, I thought it was funny that the guy at Tremec said he heard it was the engine temps causing the limp mode, which we can all pretty much agree that's probably not the case.....

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
Does anyone with a tech pack have a pic of the right side (passengers side) transmission case? I have a track pack and I wonder if you guy have a provision for a cooler. I can't see ford installing 2 different transmissions in the GT350. but I can see them blocking it off. But they may not of installed the pump in the trans. Of if someone can post their vin number I can contact my parts guy at the dealer I deal with and see if our tech and track trans have different part numbers. Of if you tech owners do have a block off plate you could pull the block off plate and start the car, if fluid comes out you already have a internal pump. Just be careful it's under psi.
image.jpg

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Sorry. That's the best pic I have until I get home from work. But it gives you a idea where the cooler line goes into.
image.jpg

Last edited:

zombiekiller

warranties are 4 wussies
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
16 gt350, 66 galaxie,a Tesla, and an AMG G63
Does anyone with a tech pack have a pic of the right side (passengers side) transmission case? I have a track pack and I wonder if you guy have a provision for a cooler. I can't see ford installing 2 different transmissions in the GT350. but I can see them blocking it off. But they may not of installed the pump in the trans. Of if someone can post their vin number I can contact my parts guy at the dealer I deal with and see if our tech and track trans have different part numbers. Of if you tech owners do have a block off plate you could pull the block off plate and start the car, if fluid comes out you already have a internal pump. Just be careful it's under psi.
No internal pump. They are a completely different part number. It appears as though the cases are the same through looking at the detailed parts diagrams. Ford will only service the entire transmission as a replacement part right now.

I have been unable to verify if the transmission has bungs threaded into the cooling bosses, or if the bosses would have to be drilled and tapped.

I have not had the opportunity to put my car on a lift to inspect it.

Sponsored

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
Sorry. That's the best pic I have until I get home from work. But it gives you a idea where the cooler line goes into.
Thanks Scott, that's the kind of help we like to see from other Track/ R members . :thumbsup:

Unfortunately, i don't have my car yet, so i'm of no help, but i'm sure others will chime in.

Dan

JN66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, 1966 Couple (347 Stroker)
I just ordered my Tech car last week. Obviously hasn't been built yet, probably hasn't even been started. I am curious to see if Ford addresses this issue on remaining 2016 builds (so long as they are in fact aware of the issue).

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I would certainly not rely on that, making a change this late in the model year that will certainly not impact every buyer doesnt make much sense. If you intend to track the car I would suggest changing your order to a track pack or wait for 2017.

JN66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That is a fair line of thinking. 2017 would be ideal...but i'll be damned if I am not an impatient son of a bitch :)

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Here's another
image.jpg

Sponsored

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
I just ordered my Tech car last week. Obviously hasn't been built yet, probably hasn't even been started. I am curious to see if Ford addresses this issue on remaining 2016 builds (so long as they are in fact aware of the issue).
Hello fellow Canuck and welcome.
So far it doesn't seems as if Ford will be stopping remaining '16 production of base/tech cars to retrofit them with coolers.

You might want to check out this thread.
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45992

JN66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hello fellow Canuck and welcome.
So far it doesn't seems as if Ford will be stopping remaining '16 production of base/tech cars to retrofit them with coolers.

You might want to check out this thread.

Hey!

Thanks for the response. I've been following that thread as well. I ordered a tech as I plan on using the car as a daily drive with some occasional track days once the track here on Vancouver Island is complete.

That being said, I personally am good with any additional aftermarket solution from Ford or someone else - however, whenever my car does come, I'll happily go track it, limp it, and then provide my feedback to the local dealership here and contribute to getting a solution for everyone.

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
Hey!

Thanks for the response. I've been following that thread as well. I ordered a tech as I plan on using the car as a daily drive with some occasional track days once the track here on Vancouver Island is complete.

That being said, I personally am good with any additional aftermarket solution from Ford or someone else - however, whenever my car does come, I'll happily go track it, limp it, and then provide my feedback to the local dealership here and contribute to getting a solution for everyone.
It seems the way to go from what has been mentionned by other members. But we'll have to wait and see if Ford issues a TSB. Until then, well we're in the limp.

When you finally get the chance to track your car and go into limp mode, post your findings here.

JN66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7
The castings are the same. It's the internals that are different. Though the tech is also missing some additional routing they do for the bolt hole and fittings.
IMG_1234.jpg
Sponsored