Well, I popped her cherry...

stang302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Oil in driver's side catch can.

IMG_20161026_191036.jpg

We lost our virginity together :love:. This was my first track day ever (not counting the GT350 Track Attack). First two sessions of the day were in Green group behind the pace car. Moved up to Intermediate for the last 2 sessions of the day. I put Cup 2's on the stock wheels. This car with those tires is so confidence inspiring!

Just a heads up, but at least on mine, the filter that is attached to the lid on the FP oil separators is not really attached. It kind of just pops in and out. I found this out the hard way the first time I checked the driver's side. I opened the lid, and the filter fell off and slid right down into the engine compartment and disappeared :frusty:. After 10 minutes of looking with a flashlight and trying to find it, I was about to give up out of anger and decided to open the oil filter access door with my fingers crossed. It was sitting perfectly on the access door :thumbsup:.

IMG_20161026_191308.jpg

IMG_20161026_191330.jpg
Sponsored

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
Yeah my oil level was noticeably lower after track. Hasn't moved since

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Hi,

Is your car part of the recall ? Were you concerned to drive on the track ....

I am a bit concerned, I have a track day on Saturday... Darn recall.

thanks for any insight

OP
OP

stang302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Yes, it is part of the recall. Track day was before the recall was announced so what momma don't know won't hurt her, right? I think it would be in the back of my mind, however I believe Deysha (Ford Service) on here had said that Ford did NOT say for customers to stop driving them. Tough spot for you to be in. I won't schedule any track time until it's fixed, but I don't necessarily know that I wouldn't do an event that I already planned on doing, especially if I already paid. Think they would refund you under these circumstances if you decided not to do it?

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
I am not sure if I can get a refund, but I can try.... On the other hand, how many we know that have popped out during track work ? none thus far, right ?

I bought a helmet, etc, spent way too much for this to back out now.

Sponsored

OP
OP

stang302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Yea I hear you. I thought someone in the thread about the recall said they possibly saw one at the track attack have that failure, but those cars have around 2000 or more track miles I think. That's the only one I heard of, and I don't know that it was confirmed what the cause of that one was.

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
I am not sure if I can get a refund, but I can try.... On the other hand, how many we know that have popped out during track work ? none thus far, right ?

I bought a helmet, etc, spent way too much for this to back out now.
According to Ford, no failure thus far. This is more of a precautionary recall, in essence, preventative maintenance. Look at the oil lines going to the coolers and inspect them yourself. Many of us have tracked the car to include my self. My car is included in the recall and other than a failed engine, everything has been peachy ; )
Sponsored