Sponsored

Vader met the dyno today!

Vader 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 black mustang gt
So I have been reading around at some numbers that members have been posting of their 15's and noticed a big variation. Because of that variation and a local shop running a dyno day, I went in to see what it would put down. I installed my magnaflow comp series catback fairly recently and it's my only mod so far. So the first pull they did in 4th the guy was sure of it then they figured out it should have been in 5th anyway...... Did three pulls each pull had higher numbers but ended at 385.89 hp 354.79 tq. I was hoping for better results based on members here but I'm ordering the jlt CAI, x4 and Lund tune within the week.
image.jpg
Sponsored

HalfMoon

Brand Agnostic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06/Z07 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
I would ask them to reprint your sheet using a larger scale for the graphs. The overlay is blocking a lot of the data on the curve. Also, they should be stopping the dyno when they let off the gas so you don't get that drop and fall back towards idle. Seems like they had an intern running the dyno for the dyno day.

That said, dynos are a tool and you just need to make sure to go back to the same one and make sure they use SAE again next time after your mods. Then you can compare your gains to your baseline legitimately. :cheers:

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
you can always ask for the .drf file to be emailed, and i can print you off a very nice digital image of the graph too

vader, i was just in your neck of the woods on vaca last week.

if you need any help on your purchases, let me know! :)

2Cool

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium, PP in CO
One difference on yours is that the dyno actually used SAE correction, which is the right way to do it rather than STD. Most often SAE reads lower, because it is designed to be standardized by conditions including temp, barometric pressure (directly connected to altitude), etc.

So you got real numbers, and they aren't too shabby at all.

Farmundeh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2015 GT Premium
So I have been reading around at some numbers that members have been posting of their 15's and noticed a big variation. Because of that variation and a local shop running a dyno day, I went in to see what it would put down. I installed my magnaflow comp series catback fairly recently and it's my only mod so far. So the first pull they did in 4th the guy was sure of it then they figured out it should have been in 5th anyway...... Did three pulls each pull had higher numbers but ended at 385.89 hp 354.79 tq. I was hoping for better results based on members here but I'm ordering the jlt CAI, x4 and Lund tune within the week.
I don't mean to go off topic, but do you have any video clips of your MF Comp. series????:D:D

Sponsored

OP
OP
Vader 5.0

Vader 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 black mustang gt
I do have some clips. Also beefcake I see how active you are and would def help if I needed it so be on the lookout for my call soon for an order!

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
I do have some clips. Also beefcake I see how active you are and would def help if I needed it so be on the lookout for my call soon for an order!
:)

erne75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/ PP

65ffr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 Ram 1500, '65 FFR Cobra
Interesting to see a 11hp variation. I haven't done the math yet, but that most likely indicates that any claims of hp increases of about 15hp or so due to mods are statistically totally insignificant - ie, no gain. (based on one run comparisons).

Erne75, you read 2hp higher than Vader's first run....(or I should say, the same)

Vader, was your engine cold when you did the first pull?

OP
OP
Vader 5.0

Vader 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 black mustang gt
1st Pull was done in 4th next two in 5th.

Sponsored

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Your last number is right in line with many if not all of the other M6 cars. They all seem to fall between 385-395.

I am getting mine dynoed next week. Hopefully I fail in the same range.

OP
OP
Vader 5.0

Vader 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 black mustang gt
Good luck!!

erne75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/ PP
missed that, thx

My car had 3 runs done that day. The first was in 5th gear and the second in 4th gear. They produced identical results. The 3rd run, the one that produced 376HP was done in 5th gear.

OP
OP
Vader 5.0

Vader 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 black mustang gt
My numbers gradually got higher which is weird becUse the car was at temperature. I wonder what would have happened with one more pull...
Sponsored