Pinion seal change vibration after

Reddevil5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Slim
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
Took my car to get pinion seal replaced at ford under warranty. Now I feel vibration and low rumble noise around 70mph. What could it be? I took it back to the dealership and they saying everything lined up and tightened with everything they touched.
Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Take it back again.

It either has the incorrect preload on the rear pinion now OR they didn't install the driveshaft in the same previous clocked position and driveshaft needs to be rotated 180*.

OP
OP

Reddevil5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Slim
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
Took it back 3 times. Said the same thing. Just gonna take it to another ford dealer.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Took it back 3 times. Said the same thing. Just gonna take it to another ford dealer.
That's your best bet. I would also open a Case with Ford. Call the Ford 800#, get a Regional Rep. to open a Case about your dissatisfaction and experience, relay the car is worse then it was when it went in and the problem isn't getting resolved. That will put you and your vehicle at priority, because the end goal is to make you whole. Sometimes another Dealer is best too - and the Regional CSR will also make that recommendation to you as well.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Sdfarmer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Crimson Royale EB Mustang
I took mine into the dealer last fall with a hum. 26k and they replaced the pinion bearing. It had a vibration above 60 mph. Tech blamed it on tires. Took it back in 2 weeks ago because tire replacement didn't fix it. Now I am waiting on a new driveshaft because the damper was starting to come apart. Driveshaft is on back order with no expected ETA.

NeverSatisfied

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT 6MT Base
Pinion crush sleeve is a 1x torque and then replace. Technically you need to spread the case, remove the carrier, remove the pinion and replace the crush sleeve, seal, and flange nut. Then check all your clearances, turning torque and gear pattern on reassembly.
Sponsored