Motor mounts

Madjoe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang ecoboost
So i have to drop the k member to swap the oil pan out . I was thinking i might as well change motor mounts since it would probably be the best time to do it . What motor mounts are best . It’s a former track car but I won’t be tracking it . Is there something better then stock . Without breaking the bank . There’s a hole in the oil pan that was repaired with jb weld that is leaking a bit again . Thanks in advance
Sponsored

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Steeda’s adjustable motor mounts are good. I’ve been running them on my car for over 3 1/2 years now.

jpjr501

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT - Procharged
I have a Tubular K-Member stock motor mounts with urethane bushings.

Just know once you remove the stock rubber motor mount bushings, you'll get driveline vibration. Nobody tells you that, not mentioned in any literature so just beware. Makes sense I know, rubber takes away vibration but when you're focused on a mod, sometimes you forget the little things.

I mean its not like shaking your teeth, it'll be more than what you have now.

OP
OP
Madjoe

Madjoe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang ecoboost
Oh good to know . I don’t want anymore shaking that’s for sure . Thanks

Prodigal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
I have the steeda adjustable mounts on RMR brackets. It’s a great set up and provides more room for my LTH. I honestly dont feel any additional NVH with this set up but admittedly I installed all steeda suspension and chassis stiffening at the same time.

Sponsored

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I have the steeda adjustable mounts on RMR brackets. It’s a great set up and provides more room for my LTH. I honestly dont feel any additional NVH with this set up but admittedly I installed all steeda suspension and chassis stiffening at the same time.
I agree with your assessment on this. I installed mine along with lots of other Steeda parts at the same time. As my car sits right now, I’d put NVH at about a 2 or 3 out of 10. Factory engine mounts remind me of marshmallow puffs. They are fluid filled and provide a plush ride.

Last edited:

dcalero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 w/Tech Pack
I have a Tubular K-Member stock motor mounts with urethane bushings.

Just know once you remove the stock rubber motor mount bushings, you'll get driveline vibration. Nobody tells you that, not mentioned in any literature so just beware. Makes sense I know, rubber takes away vibration but when you're focused on a mod, sometimes you forget the little things.

I mean its not like shaking your teeth, it'll be more than what you have now.
The person above is correct. I changed my motor mounts to polyurethane and my dash would shake. To be honest I don't think it was worth it

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Maybe it’s hit or miss with some, but I’ve never experienced any of the severe harshness that some others have experienced. I even drove my car 1300 miles from Kansas City to Florida and it rode like a dream.

Last edited:

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
Steeda’s adjustable motor mounts are good. I’ve been running them on my car for over 3 1/2 years now.
I run the steeda mounts with the black urethane pucks. I also put a worm clamp on each puck to stiffen them up. The pucks are a wear item as my car beats them up so I replace them annually.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I run the steeda mounts with the black urethane pucks. I also put a worm clamp on each puck to stiffen them up. The pucks are a wear item as my car beats them up so I replace them annually.
Any pics of the worn pucks? I figured they will need to be replaced at some point. How many miles are you getting out of them before replacing them?

Sponsored

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
Any pics of the worn pucks? I figured they will need to be replaced at some point. How many miles are you getting out of them before replacing them?
No pics, they just get squashed down and allows engine movement. The clamps keep them from smashing down as quickly. Mileage? I only drive a few thousand a year tops. In a drag application, the pucks just get hammered.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
No pics, they just get squashed down and allows engine movement. The clamps keep them from smashing down as quickly. Mileage? I only drive a few thousand a year tops. In a drag application, the pucks just get hammered.
Copy that, thanks! Are yours set up in the drag race configuration or are you using all black or all red pucks?

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
All black
I gotcha. Have you tried the way Steeda recommends setting them up for drag racing (with a red over black and black over red) before going to all black? If so, did you notice a difference in performance at all?

IMG_0928.jpeg

IMG_0927.jpeg

Last edited:

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
I did bmr mounts and motor mount brackets.

When I first did the mounts you could barely notice some extra vibration. I think its even less now that they arent new. Definitely not dash shaking
Sponsored