Sponsored

hood loose

Mark it zero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2013 Dodge Charger R/T AWD
Anyone have issues with a loose hood? Noticed it yesterday, hood fluttering at 70+ mph.

Puleed into a gas station, and checked the hood. With it latched, I can lift it about 1/8"-3/16" upwards. Unlatched the hood, checked the latch mechanism and the hook on the hood, noticed nothing out of the ordinary. Closed hood, but did not help. Pushed down on hod gently, still no help.

Taking it to the dealer when I have time (and no snow), unless there is a known, easy fix.
Sponsored

oesman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dmitry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Yea mine does it too. I think that's normal on these. I even noticed they have the same flutter in Assetto Corsa on their Mustang model in the game :-/

vogtaction

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2015 premium ecoboost auto mustang
Anyone have issues with a loose hood? Noticed it yesterday, hood fluttering at 70+ mph.

Puleed into a gas station, and checked the hood. With it latched, I can lift it about 1/8"-3/16" upwards. Unlatched the hood, checked the latch mechanism and the hook on the hood, noticed nothing out of the ordinary. Closed hood, but did not help. Pushed down on hod gently, still no help.

Taking it to the dealer when I have time (and no snow), unless there is a known, easy fix.
Very normal, many threads on it. No worries, people including myself running 100 plus w no problems.

tom_sprecher

Living Race Car Free
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP 6MT Race Red
Haven't seen any hood lifting or flutter, but at a high enough speed the paint starts to peel/burn off and then there's that weird ass space-time warp thing that happens I hit redline in 6th...

Sponsored

plc268

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Race Red
I remember reading that someone solved their hood lift problem by applying a thick weatherstripping on top of the headlights (or on the hood itself where it meets the headlights) to close off any air coming into that area.

But as I'm looking for that thread now, I can't seem to find it.

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Adjust the rubber stopper on either side of the car.

oesman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dmitry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Honestly I wouldn't worry about it guys. If the worry is that it comes off at very high speeds, then pin the hood down and the trunk too while you're at it. #becauseracecar

Sponsored

MyLilPony

Naw It's Stock
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT, 18 JLUR, 15 JK
Your should see how much it flutters at 140!

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
My hood moved very little at high speeds when i installed my redline hood struts it stopped altogether!
Sponsored