Sponsored

Hand Washing Vs. Car Wash?

Craiger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6
This maybe a dumb question but is it safe to hand wash my Mustang will it do anything to the paint vs taking it to a car wash?
Sponsored

mvp90805

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gabriel
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race red mustang GT premium
ill rather hand wash the mustang myself ,since car wash be rushing due to other cars, the towels they use/re used cpuld scratch the paint

and doing it yourself you can take your time do a better job and do it right

adam@10fintec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Definitely hand wash :)

Just be mindful of which soap you're using (some stronger ones can strip any waxes or protectants right off). Chemical guys Citrus Wash and Gloss has been my favorite for a while

lint28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost w/PP - Now its a 2016 GT w/PP!!!
Both are fine if they are done right. if you find an auto car wash that's good, stick with them. or you have the time to wash it yourself (the right way), go for that. I go back and forth (today will be an automatic car wash)

Sponsored

mvp90805

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gabriel
Vehicle(s)

Patrick S

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium 50 year Ap/Pkg
Thanks, I did a thread search first couldn't find anything.
i don't know what color your car is. If it is Black, or any of the darker colors, i would suggest ALWAYS hand washing. an auto car wash will not get all of the water out of all of the hiding places for water and you will be at home looking at all of the pretty water streaks that have developed.

When it is cold outside, i take it to an auto wash to get the salt out, but, as weather permits, the cleaning of the car is all mine to do.

mvp90805

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gabriel
Vehicle(s)
plus its fun washing and detailing your car to have it that perfect way you want it

OP
OP
Craiger

Craiger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6
i don't know what color your car is. If it is Black, or any of the darker colors, i would suggest ALWAYS hand washing. an auto car wash will not get all of the water out of all of the hiding places for water and you will be at home looking at all of the pretty water streaks that have developed.

When it is cold outside, i take it to an auto wash to get the salt out, but, as weather permits, the cleaning of the car is all mine to do.
Yeh their were some water streaks after I did get it home from Waterway.

Sponsored

ORANG50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
665rwhp 531rwtq
I try to hand-wash my Mustangs as much as possible, and only take them through touchless washers if need be.

I would stay away from non-touchless automatic washers. My wife took her 2001 Cobra through an automatic washer right before she went to sell it, and it ripped her rear spoiler off. Another one knocked off the front license plate bracket from my 2011 EB F-150 and mutilated the front plate. Never again...

MagneticA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Manual v6 Mustang
You can do as much damage to your car as a car wash can. Make sure you do a little research if you don't know what you are doing.

njarmstrong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium PP
This maybe a dumb question but is it safe to hand wash my Mustang will it do anything to the paint vs taking it to a car wash?
Please hand wash, especially black. And please do it properly!
Sponsored