Sponsored

FORD MUSTANG GTD LITE?

DarthMalice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 M0960; AT; Fighter Jet Gray
can we get an interior refresh that integrates the screen...that might still keep me out of this! I really loathe those screens. 800+ HP might help me look past them.
Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Like you I also prefer a NA engine therefore let's see if this proposed GTD Lite model is officially launched and whether it comes with a NA engine and if so hopefully you might pull the trigger this time around as I recall locating a GT350 for you in SC (per your request) at a good price some ~9 years ago but unfortunately that opportunity never went forward.
Yeah it's too bad that dealer wasn't able to get an allocation in the end. It would have been an awesome roadtrip down there to pick it up!

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
The end of the presentation for the 60th showed a car under a green cover with what appeared to be a fairly good size wing propping up the rear of the cover. They said whatever is under the cover will be a MY2025 car, so maybe it’s this rumored GTD Lite?

I just have to believe if they are selling this car for $100k+, they’re going to think they need to have a blower on there pushing 800hp to get people to buy it (more $$ must equal more hp in a lot of people’s minds, the trans and suspension aren’t enough for most). And instead of Shelby they’ll use some name that ties to the GTD. Moving on from the past as some folks have mentioned in other threads.
You can get a Roush Mustang dime a dozen straight from the dealer with 750 HP right now. I think it's mid 40s. I wouldn't spend more than mid 40s for a Mustang with a blower and no other GTD content (styling doesn't count). Not sure why someone would want to spend more.

DopamineQuest

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 Carbonized Gray
I just dont see the market for a $100k+ mustang with a 500ish horsepower N/A engine. While I'd love it and track rats would too, it won't be a FPC like the 350, and 99/100 people don't track their shit anyways. It'll basically be a Dark Horse with what, a couple hundred pounds shaved? A little better weight distribution?

Why would Ford make a car that appeals to 1/100? 1/200? 1/1000 Mustang buyers, that will get shit stomped on the street by any coyote with a blower, any ZL1, Corvette, Hellcat, and of course GT500. Doesn't make much sense to me to not put the Predator in it with 800+ HP.

Bonus points if they stop using the Shelby name though, having the last 500 would be very naise 😀 :sunglasses:

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
There will be no sub 100k transaxle mustang, comon', stop hallucinating.
Considering FordAuthority editors were replaced with (bad) AI ages ago, of course it's hallucinating.

Lose the super-charger, use steel/AL panels like the production car, only thing that really needs to be rather different from the S650 econobox is the IRS and a couple of under-carriage sheet metal.

doesn't need a roll-cage, that's trivially swapped in from aftermarket.

recycle the DH brake system. Use the same/similar (gen3?) Magneride (dear GOd will SOMEONE show these guys how to do suspension damping CORRECTLY?!?) Or just go MCS/Penske/Ohlins off the bat.

lose all the sound-deadening, and the infernal voided rubber bushings every fricken place. No rear seat, obviously.

Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Chevy made the corvette price attractive with a trans axle forever. Ford can do it if they want to.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Chevy made the corvette price attractive with a trans axle forever. Ford can do it if they want to.
it's off the freaking shelf, parts!
I could understand if Ford won't do a stick, but they can bloody easily emulate shift-by-wire with a 3rd pedal and a rowable stick.

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
Considering FordAuthority editors were replaced with (bad) AI ages ago, of course it's hallucinating.

Lose the super-charger, use steel/AL panels like the production car, only thing that really needs to be rather different from the S650 econobox is the IRS and a couple of under-carriage sheet metal.

doesn't need a roll-cage, that's trivially swapped in from aftermarket.

recycle the DH brake system. Use the same/similar (gen3?) Magneride (dear GOd will SOMEONE show these guys how to do suspension damping CORRECTLY?!?) Or just go MCS/Penske/Ohlins off the bat.

lose all the sound-deadening, and the infernal voided rubber bushings every fricken place. No rear seat, obviously.
Look, I would buy that in a heartbeat 😆
But let's face the reality - there is a much bigger market for a reincarnation of GT500 versus what you and I and 10 other enthusiasts would want to see.

Please peove me wrong Ford, please !! 🙏