Cure for the "Tic"?

Racin4ds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donnie
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Hi Gents, not sure if this is the right place for this but wanted to share some good info... I'm a bit of an oil nerd and have done and do a lot of research and testing with various oils over the years so I decided to try something in my new-to-me 2015 Coyote.. it was just starting to develop a faint "tick" and it was oil change time so I did the following..

5 quarts of Valvoline Full syn 5W30
3 quarts of Valvoline VR1 race oil 5W50 (high in zinc and moly)

Tick vanished instantly! Engine seems much quieter than normal as well. I know I could have just used the tried and true Ceratec and there is nothing wrong with that ( I actually love their products) but wanted to try something different.

YMMV!
Sponsored

Crew4991

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Crew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang, 2006 Viper
You can’t get rid of the tick. It will come back some day. 😈 Accelerate faster and the tick will ghost you but waiting at that stop light or idling in your driveway it will reappear just like a crazy ex from college.

Embrace the tick. Learn to looove the tick. It’s a coyote tick.

Tick, tick, tick, tick, tick, tick, tick, tick, tick, tick, tick, tick, tick, tick, tick, tick.

Autopart101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT

Sponsored

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red

19gtaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT, PP1 and 2021 Mach 1
Hi Gents, not sure if this is the right place for this but wanted to share some good info... I'm a bit of an oil nerd and have done and do a lot of research and testing with various oils over the years so I decided to try something in my new-to-me 2015 Coyote.. it was just starting to develop a faint "tick" and it was oil change time so I did the following..

5 quarts of Valvoline Full syn 5W30
3 quarts of Valvoline VR1 race oil 5W50 (high in zinc and moly)

Tick vanished instantly! Engine seems much quieter than normal as well. I know I could have just used the tried and true Ceratec and there is nothing wrong with that ( I actually love their products) but wanted to try something different.

YMMV!
Valvoline VR1 racing oil is not recommended for cars with catalytic converters according to Valvoline.

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
Thanks for the research BUT as I have said before "IF MY COYOTE DONT TICK I DONT WANT IT" :like:

Sponsored

lo-fi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT (Zero Options, Orange Fury)
My Mustang (that I daily) sat on the used car lot for months and months even though it is low mileage, no wrecks, in great condition, and a reasonably desirable low volume color (Orange Fury). I personally believe it was because it the 2k rattle with BBQ tick (a two-fer, lol). I used the length of time and the noises as a negotiating tactic and scored a very nice deal. The car had been on their lot for so long they were very ready to get rid of it. No issues, the car has been as perfect as a Mustang 5.0 can be, noises and all.

OP
OP
Racin4ds

Racin4ds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donnie
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Valvoline VR1 racing oil is not recommended for cars with catalytic converters according to Valvoline.
What CATs? :)

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
My Mustang (that I daily) sat on the used car lot for months and months even though it is low mileage, no wrecks, in great condition, and a reasonably desirable low volume color (Orange Fury). I personally believe it was because it the 2k rattle with BBQ tick (a two-fer, lol). I used the length of time and the noises as a negotiating tactic and scored a very nice deal. The car had been on their lot for so long they were very ready to get rid of it. No issues, the car has been as perfect as a Mustang 5.0 can be, noises and all.
Thats awesome :crackup: Well done, give the dealers a taste of their own medicine.

SnowFox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Grabber
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT, 2017 ECOboost, Saleen S351
Flashforward to whenever you sell the car and youre on the receiving end of the stick.😂 My plan is mix the oil with liquid rubber and tell carvana to hurry the hell up.
Sponsored