Aftermarket GT500 hood

Gavin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gavin
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1
Hi everyone, this is my first thread so hopefully i'm doing this right. I just recently bought a Vicrez Gt500 hood for my Mach 1 mustang. The hood comes with fake stick on quick latches and I am wanting to replace them with real ones. I measured the fake stick on latch and it is 2.7 inches in length (I assume thats how you properly measure them). But the biggest quick latch I can find is the ql 50's, which is smaller than the fake stick ons I believe. My biggest issue is there is an indent in the hood where the latches are supposed to go, so I need to have the perfect size quick latch for it to fit properly. Does anyone else know where I can get a quick latch to fit? Or has anyone bought this hood and successfully installed real ones?
Sponsored

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
I have the hood (click link in signature) however have been warned by others who have tried that the pins for the hood can't actually connect to anything.

Without SERIOUS modifications on the hood pins they won't line up with the indents in the hood.

Prodigal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Tagscribed

OP
OP
Gavin

Gavin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gavin
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1
I have the hood (click link in signature) however have been warned by others who have tried that the pins for the hood can't actually connect to anything.

Without SERIOUS modifications on the hood pins they won't line up with the indents in the hood.
Well that sucks. I REALLY wish I would have known this before I bought the hood and had it painted. I was just assuming since it came with the fake ones it would be even easier to install the real ones where the indent is. With this hood I have a fair bit of hood flutter especially over 95 and I knew the latches would fix it. Does yours also flutter?

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
It did a little bit yes but then I installed Ford Performance Hood Struts and that seemed to help. Also make sure that you use the rubber strip from your stock hood as that helps provide positive pressure in the engine bay.

Not sure if he is still on here but @JustSomeGuy also has this hood and looked at installing the QL pins as well. He might have some better insight on "how" (if at all) it can be done.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Gavin

Gavin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gavin
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1
It did a little bit yes but then I installed Ford Performance Hood Struts and that seemed to help. Also make sure that you use the rubber strip from your stock hood as that helps provide positive pressure in the engine bay.

Not sure if he is still on here but @JustSomeGuy also has this hood and looked at installing the QL pins as well. He might have some better insight on "how" (if at all) it can be done.
Okay i'll be sure to check out the hood struts you're talking about. I'll also see if I can get in touch with that guy. I appreciate the help man.

Reactions: MCS

Snakebyte

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible