Sponsored

Novice for Interior and Exterior Cleaning

WhiteMuscle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang
This is my second mustang. However, I think I am going to become an enthusiast eventually and want to take care of this one seriously. Obviously, with this dreadful snow everywhere, I am overly concerned about the paint from the snow as well as the obnoxious amount of salt the city puts down (...in panic mode).

I do have ingot silver. I need tips, tricks, advice or anything on products for interior and exterior cleaning. I'll probably keep this original post shorter than I would like just to get started.

First off, I'll probably get hammered for this. I got bird droppings on the driver side window and door. I cleaned the ones on the window with a windex type product and the door with a lysol wipe (gulps...). Then wiped the excess or dried it with a microfiber cloth. Any better idea to deal with this?

Second, the lower inside part of the driver side of the door has snow elements on it. I may have rubbed it with my foot when entering and leaving. So there's white outlines along the bottom. What would be recommended to get that off?

Lastly, I have bought pack of cleaning equipment for the car for starters. It's Meguiar's stuff including the car wash soap, interior detailer, tire gloss, claybars, etc. I'm doing research and Chemical Guys looks like cool, quality and safe product to use on the car. Any recommendations for that? ...I know Armorall is garbage and wonder if Meguiar's is fine to go with.

You can smell my newbiness :ninja:
Sponsored

mvp90805

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gabriel
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race red mustang GT premium

njarmstrong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium PP
Spend a couple hundred bucks at theragcompany.com and have all the microfiber towels you will ever need, for any type of job. Meguires is great stuff, there is other, arguably better, products out there. But there is always a bottle of something Meguires on my detailing shelves. Prior to moving to Menzerna stuff for polishing I religiously only used Meguires M105/205 combo with excellent results.
Sponsored