Sponsored

Convertible Orders

RisingForce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90 tempo.
"In December, we started shipping the 2015 Mustang Convertible. Tonneau caps, which help give the lowered top a sleek finish, are new standard equipment for 2015. These caps were not included in the loose item bag in the trunk so they will be delivered to dealers by February 15, 2015. The caps will also be shipped directly to customers who take vehicle delivery prior to the February 15th date."
Sponsored

davekro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Convertible, 3.7L, A/T, 051A, DIB
Special ordered my convertible on 10/31, X-Plan. It arrived at the dealer on 1/8 and I picked it up Friday 1/9.

Here are the details in the pix. I snapped the pix at the dealer just as the sun was setting and left on an out of town trip the next day. Will post better pix when I get back and have a chance to drive it in the daylight. Any Long Beach CA area get togethers let me know.
Ibecarguy,
Thanks again for the pics from your pick up at dealer. If you have time to post more exterior pics when you get back, especially with different angles (directly from back, sides, etc.) showing the (non) spoiler, that would be great. I have am still wondering if I want to delete spoiler on my 1/5/15 ordered DIB V6 051A. I saw a base EB Magnetic coupe yesterday, but the trunk is so different, it would be helpful to see more pics of a convert, Especially DIB! :headbang:

GiddyUp15

YMR Member #585
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Convertible
Ibecarguy,
Thanks again for the pics from your pick up at dealer. If you have time to post more exterior pics when you get back, especially with different angles (directly from back, sides, etc.) showing the (non) spoiler, that would be great. I have am still wondering if I want to delete spoiler on my 1/5/15 ordered DIB V6 051A. I saw a base EB Magnetic coupe yesterday, but the trunk is so different, it would be helpful to see more pics of a convert, Especially DIB! :headbang:
I know the color is completely different but here's mine with spoiler delete.
IMG_1172.jpg
IMG_1173.jpg
IMG_1166.jpg

davekro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
What is the etiquette with having placed a dealer order. I placed my order at a dealer 1.5 hours from my home because that was the first in life convertible I was able to see and drive. As I was my sticking to my need for DIB color, he dropped the offer for the Magnetic to $1200 below MSRP ($950 below the LA dealer's offer I was resigned to fly to later in the week to buy the only DIB V6 051A on a lot in Calif). So in the excitement of this Sunnyvale dealer's (I thought) unusually low offer to order me a DIB for the same $1200 off MSRP, I placed the order. Being now a week since my order, I am questioning my loyalty to this dealer (and order). If I could find a closer to home dealer [ (1) 20 mins and (3) 35 mins away ] that matched (or beat??) that offer, is it poor etiquette to cancel and reorder closer?

1) Do smaller dealers take longer to order cars (esp. less made convertibles)?
2) Are you guys in general and Northern Calif. especially, getting ordered Convertibles for less than $1,215 below MSRP (if it's OK to ask per forum rules)?
3) Any poor stepchild downsides to using a non purchased from dealer for warranty work or just in general?

If it only cost me a week in delivery time to buy from my local small town dealer, that would feel better, but I am hesitant to cancel an order already placed.

Thanks for any thoughts.

davekro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
I know the color is completely different but here's mine with spoiler delete.
Giddyup, Thanks for the pics. :)
Oh and nice selfie in the cold CO weather. I could see the goose bumps on your arm! :D

Sponsored

GiddyUp15

YMR Member #585
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Convertible
What is the etiquette with having placed a dealer order. I placed my order at a dealer 1.5 hours from my home because that was the first in life convertible I was able to see and drive. As I was my sticking to my need for DIB color, he dropped the offer for the Magnetic to $1200 below MSRP ($950 below the LA dealer's offer I was resigned to fly to later in the week to buy the only DIB V6 051A on a lot in Calif). So in the excitement of this Sunnyvale dealer's (I thought) unusually low offer to order me a DIB for the same $1200 off MSRP, I placed the order. Being now a week since my order, I am questioning my loyalty to this dealer (and order). If I could find a closer to home dealer [ (1) 20 mins and (3) 35 mins away ] that matched (or beat??) that offer, is it poor etiquette to cancel and reorder closer?

1) Do smaller dealers take longer to order cars (esp. less made convertibles)?
2) Are you guys in general and Northern Calif. especially, getting ordered Convertibles for less than $1,215 below MSRP (if it's OK to ask per forum rules)?
3) Any poor stepchild downsides to using a non purchased from dealer for warranty work or just in general?

If it only cost me a week in delivery time to buy from my local small town dealer, that would feel better, but I am hesitant to cancel an order already placed.

Thanks for any thoughts.
Personally I don't care about "etiquette" when it comes to car dealers. Most dealers are shady in one way or another so I'm going to do what's best for ME! :D If you cancel an order, just make sure your deposit is refundable (if you left one) and I'm sure they'll understand that you didn't want to travel so far for the car. On the other hand, it is no issue to have service work done at a different dealer. In fact, dealers probably make more off service than they do selling new cars around invoice. A lot of times they're willing to sell for such a low price to 1) sell you accessories, extended warranties, etc. and 2) earn your business for future; cars, trade-ins (big money maker) and service/parts/body shop.

I went with a dealer that was 1.5 hours away only because I didn't like Phil Long dealerships here in my town, and several dealers even in Denver were marking up their first few Mustangs (coupes) $5000....the dealer I bought from doesn't mark up their cars and in turn sells them fast. For instance, Phil Long in Denver had like 15 Raptors on their lot, all marked up above MSRP, and my dealer doesn't mark them up but they also sell them as soon as they get them.

I used X-plan which is pretty close to what you can get using TruCar car-buying service, which is just above invoice. You shouldn't have a problem finding a dealer to give you a good deal. Not sure what model/options you're ordering, but my car had MSRP of $49,180, and my X-plan price was $46,106 (so over $3,000 off MSRP). Had to pay the $100 doc fee and local taxes and title of course, but also got two rebates totalling $1250 which puts my sale price at $44,856 after rebates.

I can't comment too much on the smaller dealer question. Mine was somewhat small in comparison to the rest around here, but I was their first convertible to come in and got it in just over 7 weeks from the order date...so no complaints here! I prefer smaller dealers anyway...customer service is usually better. :thumbsup:

RisingForce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90 tempo.
Update! For those of you that have endured my Odyssey that began for me on 9/2/14, and the ensuing "rants", I am happy and proud to announce that "Chanel" has finally landed. Yes, late last night, the Car Carrier in the dead of night dropped off my 2015 Mustang Convertible. My Salesman was first to see it when he arrived this morning at the Dealership. He immediately had it sent in for "PDI" and detailing. I had no idea it had arrived yet and was just making my weekly stop to complain about "where is my Car"! Low and behold I saw a Race Red V6 Convertible with the 051A Package parked under the Reception area with a few water spots dripping to the pavement. Could it be mine? Ahhhh, "No Spoiler", it must be! I spotted my Salesman delivering a Wimbleton White LE 50th Anniversary Edition Coupe and he began blowing the horn and waving like a lunatic. The rest is history. At 4:00 PM eastern time, I drove her home and she is now comfortably resting on the Pavers in our driveway. A long journey, frustrating as hell but she looks beautiful. All $1250 in Incentives worked as the Car was given a Sold & Delivered date of 1/2/15. I`ll post some pics when and (if) I can figure out how to upload them. Cheers and thank y`all for your patience with my long trip.
Congrats buddy! Happy for you! :)

phil1336

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford C-Max Hybrid & S550 Convertible
Phil,
Remind me what color, model did you get? Do you prefer not to have that info in your profile so it shows on each post (or in a signature)?

Especially if you have DIB, would you be able to post a few angles of your car showing the look sans the spoiler? :)
Race Red Convertible, Black to and Interior with 051A Package.

woofer196

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daren
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Premium Convertible
Finally picked mine up today!!! It was delivered last Wednesday but I was in Massachusetts.

woofer196

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daren
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Premium Convertible
For those who have taken delivery of their convertible:

When you put the top back on, do your windows roll back up when you hold down the button? I can't get mind to all roll up at once and I had thought that we a feature

Sponsored

Laztug

Wanna run dyno slips bro?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Calling out OKC #1 spot after axle back install.
I saw my first rl vert!
They look worse in person.

GiddyUp15

YMR Member #585
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Convertible

mkenny28

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang GT Premium Convertible
For those who have taken delivery of their convertible:

When you put the top back on, do your windows roll back up when you hold down the button? I can't get mind to all roll up at once and I had thought that we a feature
One touch up is on fastback only. We have to hold down the controls for the quarter windows and regular windows until the are rolled up.

mkenny28

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang GT Premium Convertible
So this happened....

IMAG0512.jpg

IMAG0514.jpg

Hw5252

1st Mustang!