Looking for advise from current GT350 owners

SnowFox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Grabber
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT, 2017 ECOboost, Saleen S351
lol…mine would be a 93 Cobra, but I just cannot (nay, will not) wrap my brain around paying 50-90k for cars we bought in the 90s for 15-20k with less miles back then 😂
Good Lord is that what they cost now! Unreal
Sponsored

autobahnGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350
A 2016 that survived this long motor wise, is more than likely beyond any motor concerns. When new, I first thought that my motor was one of those engines needing replacement due to high oil consumption. Well, 30,000 miles later, it’s still going strong and actually consumes less oil.

Oil change intervals are 5, 7.5, and 10k or as needed depending on how driven and the environment…Sandy and dusty for example.

Having an exhaust does not necessarily mean anything outside the fact that the car has an aftermarket exhaust system. I have an original Ford Racing sport exhaust by Borla. All stainless steel and Ford racing part number. No problems whatsoever. Also just added the ford performance GT350 short throw shifter. Many people put aftermarket exhaust systems not realizing that the ford engineers developed the system as an integrated system to work in harmony. The ford engineers I met at FORD Nationals told me that anyone swapping headers or other exhaust systems would be tampering with the vibration controls that were engineered into the exhaust system. That’s why I went with an exhaust system developed by Ford specifically for the GT350. I key on this because maybe there is a lot of vibration in the car and no one knows what’s going on.

My concern with any car with that many miles if it was adequately serviced, per the manufacturer service intervals or as conditions warrant as described above. Obviously, mechanical issues would be a concern as well. I would definitely check the clutch to make sure it is operating correctly. Listen for any whirring sounds from differential or transmission area. This could signify either rear end gear problems or low differential fluid, and for the tranny, possibly pilot or throw out bearing.

With that many drivers in history, it’s hard to say what conditions caused them to want to get rid of it.

EoDevil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘12 Boss 302, '19 GT350
Keep looking, imo. Seems used car prices have resumed their depreciation curve; you may be able to snag a later MY gem if you can wait a bit.

OP
OP

DFERA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dom
Vehicle(s)
93 VW Corrado, 71 Porsche 911
Let me preface this post with I am using speech to text because I am driving so if something doesn’t make sense just try and think through it.

So I went and looked at that GT350 and I was pleasantly surprised. For having 58,000 miles it drove pretty much like a new car. The steering was tight. They were no squeaks no rattles no 2000 RPM rattle no noises coming from the shifter.
The exhaust seems OK to me. I know some people said it’s terrible exhaust. It’s too loud but in six gear something happens with the baffles and it’s goes into quiet mode so on the highway there’s no drone there’s no nothing.
The owner did tell me he had the hood repainted because of the common issues with the paint drips.
I checked the front diffuser. There is some scrapes underneath nothing major no big gouges there’s no cracks.
The car also has the let’s say normal body gaps and lines for every mustang that we’ve all heard about. The paint looks good. I have seen some videos and some pictures where the paint is bubbling, but this car doesn’t have any of that. There doesn’t seem to be any cracking around where the body lines meet. I know that could be an issue on some cars.
It is super clean inside the valve cover, I pulled that pulled the dipstick out the top of the dipstick the yellow part is really really clean. It’s not burnt or stained or worn out. Oil was not fresh oil, but it wasn’t old either.
In my life, I’ve probably had 23 to 25 cars. I’d have to count them, but if you didn’t pull a Carfax, you would never know that this car had seven owners because it does not seem thrashed or abused or tracked.
It still seems like a gamble but for what I’m looking for a number chassis unique Mustang I don’t really have to do anything to it. Everything‘s done from Shelby. Basically, I think I might pull the trigger.

I would still like to hear what everyone else says only because you all have the experience that I don’t with these vehicles
Lmk

thanks
Dom

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
It seems you’ve done your dilligence. It’s a pleasure to go look at a vehicle maybe expecting to be a little disappointed but ultimately it being the opposite. For you to walk away and say what your saying about it I wouldn’t let myself get inside my own head and talk myself out of it. Im sure you know from looking where these cars are priced and whats available. It’s a whole lot of car for 42k, regardless of mileage. There’s always those that say the used market is this or the used market is that. The reality is with these cars almost none of that applies. The 19’s and 20’s are actually going up, especially the R’s. It is what it is. I’d be willing to bet if you got a quote from Haggerty for insurance they’d value it higher then the 42k. Out of curiosity did you ask about the previous number of owners? Not that it applies here but I’ve had a few vehicles that I‘be sold to a buddy that ended up being sold to other friends. What you looked at has a classic color combo that never goes out of style in my opinion to. Nice car.

Let me preface this post with I am using speech to text because I am driving so if something doesn’t make sense just try and think through it.

So I went and looked at that GT350 and I was pleasantly surprised. For having 58,000 miles it drove pretty much like a new car. The steering was tight. They were no squeaks no rattles no 2000 RPM rattle no noises coming from the shifter.
The exhaust seems OK to me. I know some people said it’s terrible exhaust. It’s too loud but in six gear something happens with the baffles and it’s goes into quiet mode so on the highway there’s no drone there’s no nothing.
The owner did tell me he had the hood repainted because of the common issues with the paint drips.
I checked the front diffuser. There is some scrapes underneath nothing major no big gouges there’s no cracks.
The car also has the let’s say normal body gaps and lines for every mustang that we’ve all heard about. The paint looks good. I have seen some videos and some pictures where the paint is bubbling, but this car doesn’t have any of that. There doesn’t seem to be any cracking around where the body lines meet. I know that could be an issue on some cars.
It is super clean inside the valve cover, I pulled that pulled the dipstick out the top of the dipstick the yellow part is really really clean. It’s not burnt or stained or worn out. Oil was not fresh oil, but it wasn’t old either.
In my life, I’ve probably had 23 to 25 cars. I’d have to count them, but if you didn’t pull a Carfax, you would never know that this car had seven owners because it does not seem thrashed or abused or tracked.
It still seems like a gamble but for what I’m looking for a number chassis unique Mustang I don’t really have to do anything to it. Everything‘s done from Shelby. Basically, I think I might pull the trigger.

I would still like to hear what everyone else says only because you all have the experience that I don’t with these vehicles
Lmk

thanks
Dom

Last edited:

Sponsored

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
22 GT500HE Black Stripes, 20 GT350HE, 16 GT350R Ba
There is a sweet looking PP2 car in the classified section on here that I keep coming back to but logistically idk how to make that work at this point in time.
This one? 😁

20230830_212611.jpg

OP
OP

DFERA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dom
Vehicle(s)
It seems you’ve done your dilligence. It’s a please to go look at a vehicle maybe expecting to be a little disappointed but ultimately it being the opposite. For you to walk away and say what your saying about it I wouldn’t let myself get inside my own head and talk myself out of it. Im sure you know from looking where these cars are priced and whats available. It’s a whole lot of car for 42k, regardless of mileage. There’s always that say the used market this the used market that. The reality is with these cars almost none of that applies. The 19’s and 20’s are actually going up, especially the R’s. It is what it is. I’d be willing to bet if you got a quote from Haggerty for insurance they’d value it hire then the 42k. Out of curiosity did you ask about the previous number of owners? Not that it applies here but I’ve had a few vehicles that I‘be sold to a buddy that ended up being sold to other friends. What you looked at has a classic color combo that never goes out of style in my opinion to. Nice car.
Yeah I’m not gunna try and over think this but I’m still going to be cautious.
the seller said he bought it from his buddy who works at the dealership that took the car on a trade. His buddy sold it to get a Z06 and this seller says he needs the money.

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
22 GT500HE Black Stripes, 20 GT350HE, 16 GT350R Ba

Sponsored

wingnutt

Threads
Reaction score
MN, FL, WI, MO, KY, TN, CO, TX, CA, WA, TX again
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
350R avalanche gray
Ok, I will second everything that @Inthehighdesert said with a caveat on what we can only assume is a clean title…

when I started looking 5-6 years ago, I noticed that cars with multiple owners all appeared to be either; short-term investors looking for a quick buck, or oil eaters that wasn’t bad enough for a warranty engine…anything over one quart per 500 miles is considered acceptable as per Ford Performance.

pull the oasis report and see if it had a “high oil consumption test” done at any ford dealer…check the bottom of dipstick for any scratches/marks, the oil plug for a paint line or even a weird ziptie on the finger pull of the dipstick itself 😉

obviously, any of those indicators can be eliminated by the seller, but it’s worth a look to get clued in 😬

OP
OP

DFERA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dom
Vehicle(s)
Ok, I will second everything that @Inthehighdesert said with a caveat on what we can only assume is a clean title…

when I started looking 5-6 years ago, I noticed that cars with multiple owners all appeared to be either; short-term investors looking for a quick buck, or oil eaters that wasn’t bad enough for a warranty engine…anything over one quart per 500 miles is considered acceptable as per Ford Performance.

pull the oasis report and see if it had a “high oil consumption test” done at any ford dealer…check the bottom of dipstick for any scratches/marks, the oil plug for a paint line or even a weird ziptie on the finger pull of the dipstick itself 😉

obviously, any of those indicators can be eliminated by the seller, but it’s worth a look to get clued in 😬
I never heard of an oasis report. How do I get one?

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
It’s basically the credit report(service history) that Ford keeps on a vehicle that’s been in for service and warranty work. If you call your local service dealer and give them the vin they may tell you whats on it. If not others can with contacts st a dealership can get it. I have a good friend thats a master tech for ford. If you can/t get it locally send me a pm with a vin and I’ll see whats on it.

I never heard of an oasis report. How do I get one?

OP
OP

DFERA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dom
Vehicle(s)
Looks like this one sold. OP did you get it?
Working on it. Selller agreed to take the ad down while I wait for paperwork (nfcu) and I don’t have a local branch near by.
Question for everyone should I take it to a dealer for a pre-purchase inspection. I don’t need someone to just hook it up to a computer. I can do that. I have a pretty slick tablet scanner reader.
was thinking more of a leak down test?
Sponsored