Sponsored

2022 GT500 order thread

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
Very much different dealerships. One interesting note, my local dealer was very clear that they that they were not allowed to do a HE CFTP. CFTP yes, but not HE which I found interesting. It does appear it is artificially restricted in some way. Maybe it was simply first come first served up-until the magic number and then....no more.
Interesting on the no HE CFTP.
Sponsored

Germansheperd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Carbon Fiber Track Pack
Talked to my sales GM today and he told me all the allocatiins for my region are used up so I have nothing. Not real happy cause as always they told me they had an allocation for me. Guess I'll hold my breath a little longer for a 23
What part of Ohio are you in?

04mystichrome

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
2004 cobra 1970 fastback
Ok that’s considered the “Pittsburgh” region. That is the region they are claiming to be sold out of allocations now?
I guess, I wasn't sure where the "region" was but that's what my GM told me last week. I talked to a dealer in ga I believe that sold one yesterday and has another on its way. Both were stock, how the hell does 1 dealer get 2 cars for stock but I walk in put money down and can't get one. The whole process is crap in my opinion

Sponsored

Big Ernie McCracken

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350, 2021 Charger Scat Pack, 2013 Silverado
Well I can confirm that they are still handing out allocations. Against all odds, my local small town dealer just got a CFTP package allocation so I'm getting another order in ASAP with a salesman who is a true enthusiast. It's been total crickets on my prior HE order so I may have to forgo getting that one. Im guessing the dealer really wants me to forget about it so they can sell it for some unearthly number.
We have been in a similar boat as you. Found a dealership that would order at MSRP back in April. They said they get 2-3 a year, we were 2 on the list. We at least submitted the order but didn’t know when the allocations would come through. He mentioned last year they got them in the 4th quarter. I started calling around last week since nothing was coming up and eventually found a dealership with 1 allocation left. We had to pay 5K over, but that was the best deal I had come across for something that would actually happen. I have called so many dealerships the last couple months.

Germansheperd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
I guess, I wasn't sure where the "region" was but that's what my GM told me last week. I talked to a dealer in ga I believe that sold one yesterday and has another on its way. Both were stock, how the hell does 1 dealer get 2 cars for stock but I walk in put money down and can't get one. The whole process is crap in my opinion
The other dealer had allocations from Ford the one you put a deposit down at didn’t have allocation.

04mystichrome

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
2004 cobra 1970 fastback
The other dealer had allocations from Ford the one you put a deposit down at didn’t have allocation.
I get thats the deal but that is what I'm saying is crap. I want a car, sell me the car, you shouldn't need this magical allocation crap to get the car

Germansheperd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Very much different dealerships. One interesting note, my local dealer was very clear that they that they were not allowed to do a HE CFTP. CFTP yes, but not HE which I found interesting. It does appear it is artificially restricted in some way. Maybe it was simply first come first served up-until the magic number and then....no more.
I ordered a base car 11/22/21 with absolutely no movement (no allocation). I get a call from my dealer in the middle of June saying they received 1 allocation but I have to change my order to a CFTP. I changed my order and within days I go from priority 80 to 10 and to 1 and a week later I have a VIN and a build week.
So there is validity on Ford building certain option/packaging cars.

Wildcardfox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
I’m in-between cars
Yes. Contrary to popular belief, Ford was not joking when they said that the Heritage Edition would be “Limited Availability”. Certain configurations were very controlled—painted stripe CFTP for instance, but once the number was reached, they would no longer allow anymore of any vinyl stripe (97Q) or Painted stripe (97W). We have seen it at the beginning because the gates were open, we will stop seeing them coming out at these numbers as the tap is closed.

Sponsored

Wildcardfox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
I’m in-between cars
I get thats the deal but that is what I'm saying is crap. I want a car, sell me the car, you shouldn't need this magical allocation crap to get the car
I get the frustration, but they only have so many cars available that they will build to distribute to the US, Canada, Philippines (granted that the vast majority are staying in the US). They have way more demand than cars. To distribute they use the allocation system that is based on an algorithm that distributes the cars by region, state, county. Other manufacturers do the same with the Z06 or hellcats etc.

Here’s a Porsche forum talking about allocations for the GT4RS and markups. It’s just the way it works when you have a very limited hot car and lots of people who want it.

https://rennlist.com/forums/718-gts...versary/1301878-gt4rs-deal-buying-advice.html

Last edited:

RWCGT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Blake
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500
Update from Tony today:

Your GT500 is in transit last scanned in Port Richmond, CA. ETA to dealer is showing between July 15th and July 21st (was listed as previously 20th to the 26th).

We do not have info on the transport process so unfortunately I am unable to comment on delays in transit.

This could be the weekend boys! Port Richmond is less than 30 mi away from the dealer. Keep you guys posted.

lightrules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
Update from Tony today:

Your GT500 is in transit last scanned in Port Richmond, CA. ETA to dealer is showing between July 15th and July 21st (was listed as previously 20th to the 26th).

We do not have info on the transport process so unfortunately I am unable to comment on delays in transit.

This could be the weekend boys! Port Richmond is less than 30 mi away from the dealer. Keep you guys posted.
mine was at Port Richmond about 3 weeks ago, dealer is about 60 miles away from there. Should be a few days only.

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
They bought another dealership's allocation with the intent of selling it for a nice markup.

Donkey

Large member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
They bought another dealership's allocation with the intent of selling it for a nice markup.
Yep, this used to happen a whole bunch with bigger dealerships. Not sure it happens as often now. I live one state away (2 hours) from where I bought my '17 350R at msrp. They will no longer sell limited production vehicles to people out of state and their no ADM policy is no more. Sad state of affairs.
Sponsored