Sponsored

Recall and Immediate Stop Sale on 8,026 GT350 and GT350R Models: Engine Oil Cooler

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
Pretty easy to skim through for the important stuff. Either way, they're open forums, never gonna stop it. Even by your own replay you're actually just perpetuating the thing you don't like. :headbonk:

I'm sitting here grinning as I type, just guys talking..... besides, this isn't work so isn't this kinda like the playground?????
Smh...
Sponsored

EF300

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2020 GT500 CFTP
For people with scraped or damaged splitter screws i wonder if they will replace them with new ones or thry to charge us for them.

Tflong24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
I dread having this done. So so much. Sooo many oppurtunities for this to go wrong. We can all start a running bet on who has the most missing fasteners/screws after re-assembly, how many under tray/splitters installed incorrectly etc. etc.

rb92gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Cooled Tech
I dread having this done. So so much. Sooo many oppurtunities for this to go wrong. We can all start a running bet on who has the most missing fasteners/screws after re-assembly, how many under tray/splitters installed incorrectly etc. etc.
Agreed. Will take 10min to remove/replace the lines, an hour to remove/replace all the plastic, and an hour for the tech to search for all the dropped pins/bolts, of which 90% will be found if we're lucky. I guess I will have to remove all the plastic crap myself... PITA

Sponsored

Falconetti

cash me outside howbow da
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1, 1994 SVT COBRA
Agreed. Will take 10min to remove/replace the lines, an hour to remove/replace all the plastic, and an hour for the tech to search for all the dropped pins/bolts, of which 90% will be found if we're lucky. I guess I will have to remove all the plastic crap myself... PITA
If this is such a bad situation that is causes so much worry just go stand and watch the tech preform the repair...take a go pro and record it.

Tflong24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
If this is such a bad situation that is causes so much worry just go stand and watch the tech preform the repair...take a go pro and record it.
This would be ideal, if the dealer allows it. Most are sticklers about letting customers in the service bay to observe repairs. I may insist in this case.

rb92gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Cooled Tech
I have never been to a professional shop in Florida that would let you watch, physically can't be in their work space for insurance reasons. That would just make them nervous and more likely to screw up in my opinion if you could watch/record them. I would feel like a total douche asking if I could set a camera up... just not right. As a doctor I am offended when a patient wants to record something, it's basically like they are saying they want to sue you before you even begin.

EF300

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2020 GT500 CFTP
I have never been to a professional shop in Florida that would let you watch, physically can't be in their work space for insurance reasons. That would just make them nervous and more likely to screw up in my opinion if you could watch/record them. I would feel like a total douche asking if I could set a camera up... just not right. As a doctor I am offended when a patient wants to record something, it's basically like they are saying they want to sue you before you even begin.

You are a doctor, you have no rights. Essentially doctors are the equivalent of a waiter and must do whatever the patient wants. If not the patient will call admin or risk managment and file a complaint against you. You then must endure the wrath of multiple useless midlevel administrative trolls with nothing better to do than second guess a decision that they have no real understanding of anyway.

#burntout

End rant.

rb92gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Cooled Tech
You are a doctor, you have no rights. Essentially doctors are the equivalent of a waiter and must do whatever the patient wants. If not the patient will call admin or risk managment and file a complaint against you. You then must endure the wrath of multiple useless midlevel administrative trolls with nothing better to do than second guess a decision that they have no real understanding of anyway.

#burntout

End rant.
FML. Rant on brother.

Sponsored

Falconetti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I understand, I was not really suggesting that one person sets up a camera but I would suggest you be there when it is done and make a few check ins while the work is being done. Where I live you can get into the shops and check on your car, sometimes you need eye protection and I've never tested their patience by loitering in the shop and staring. My plan is to be there when it is done and make a few trips into the bay and just make myself feel better by checking on the positioning anf number of fasteners being used. I will also speak to the one and only tech they allow to work on these cars and let him know of the horror stories so he can suusre me that I have nothing to worry about. Then when I get home Ill double check if needed to reassure that my splitter will not fall off.

rb92gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Cooled Tech
I understand, I was not really suggesting that one person sets up a camera but I would suggest you be there when it is done and make a few check ins while the work is being done. Where I live you can get into the shops and check on your car, sometimes you need eye protection and I've never tested their patience by loitering in the shop and staring. My plan is to be there when it is done and make a few trips into the bay and just make myself feel better by checking on the positioning anf number of fasteners being used. I will also speak to the one and only tech they allow to work on these cars and let him know of the horror stories so he can suusre me that I have nothing to worry about. Then when I get home Ill double check if needed to reassure that my splitter will not fall off.
I only challenged your idea because I actually want to do what you say, trying to figure out how... I also plan to make it known that I know the exact mileage on my car. No joy rides.

VOODOO 6G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
My suggestion would be to ask to talk to the mechanic before he begins. Politely tell him of all the horror stories you've heard and about how concerned you are about your car having an issue after the fact. Then inform him that you will be waiting in the waiting area. Make sure to tell him you are in no rush at all. Explain to him that to settle your anxiety you would like to be brought in at a few different points to see the progress. Possible points could be 1)When it is first in the air before anything is wrenched on. 2)When it's all apart. 3)When the new lines are installed. 4)When everything is back together before it is lowered. Just be clear that you do not wish to insult the Tech but it's for your piece of mind. If the guy isn't an asshole he should be fine with that. If he isn't fine with it then you probably don't want him working on your car anyway..... I know these cars are just Mustangs according to some but they are still 60k cars.

Falconetti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Agree with both of you. And the paperwork says run car for 15 min and does not state take it for a test drive. So there you have it. Just let everyone know you're there and you are curios and watching. They will get the hint. Customers used to do that to me back in the day at the shops, I was polite and took extra care for customers that were concerned about their cars

FastLap57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
FRANK
Vehicle(s)
2008 F350 LARIAT 4x4
My dealer ordered my replacement hoses today, I'll take them for warranty reasons but I'm still going to upgrade them on my own..........
My GT350 TP may not be the perfect sports cars compared to some others, but it's the best Mustang Ford has ever built and nothing can touch it for the price. I'm certain Ford losses money on every GT350 like it did and will on the Ford GT so stop the whining. If you can buy a NEW sports car for the same price with the same performance I beg to see it.

A lot of anti Ford and anti Ford GT anger out there. First, the Ford GT's, Gen1, haven't raced a Gen2 yet aren't that fast. My Noble in stock trim (Ford GT next to it) would eat the GT alive, pull 6 car lengths out of the hole. It's now in CA getting more HP and other major upgrades. Should be 600 WHP at 2200 lbs curb weight when it comes home. Should put acceleration in Veyron territory.

We raced Prototypes in Grand Am, won SRP II at Rolex 24 in 2001, and class championships in 2000/2001. You have to understand in Grand Am/IMSA money talks and politics rule. There are rules but nothing is etched in stone.........

2013-06-01_18-38-20_931.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited: