Sponsored

Totaled - RIP My Love

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
66 Degrees ambient temp doesn't mean the pavement is 66 degrees.

More than likely 66 degrees ambient temp would result in a pavement temp of about 75-80 degrees.
Sponsored

Teezlr

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.JakeTiesler.com
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 HP - 2000 Land Cruiser - 2001 Sequoia
Remember here in the Midwest...66F don't mean its warm. It's is cold enough for the Pirellis to not grip.
Yep, the asphalt can be cold too

I had the same experience with the Pirellis, they are great tires once they are on hot pavement and only on hot pavement 80+ degrees

bluehorse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GT PP
:cheers:

Been 50 and wet for the last week here in Washington. I'm probably lucky the thing hasn't crashed and killed me more than once yet. :headbang:
Dude seriously. I also live in Washington and never once had even the slightest close call and up until a week ago Ive been rolling around on BALD Pirellis. I was even driving then in the sub 30* temps last winter with ZERO issue. Dont get me wrong, they arent fantastic tires but these guys that "lose control" must be going about 100 around a 35mph off/on ramp. I dont get it. :crazy:

Sponsored

crs2879

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Tires spin, rear end slides left, driver counter steers and closes throttle, rear tires gain traction, front tires pointed left......car shoots left........happens all the time.....see Youtube.
Sorry about your car, glad you weren't hurt.

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
Hmmm. Shitty deal. Glad everyone is okay.

Can't believe it was because of the temp though. That is like 19C, which is just few Cs below a normal summer day in this neck of the woods...

15GTCA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2015 GT A6
Something is not quite right here.....

ghig302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boss
Hmmm. Shitty deal. Glad everyone is okay.

Can't believe it was because of the temp though. That is like 19C, which is just few Cs below a normal summer day in this neck of the woods...
Hey, we don't do Metric here....
Got some gas in Vancouver BC one time, and was stoked about the low, low price of gas.....until I realized it was in liters, not gallons:doh:

Lost Cosmonaut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP Fastback - Oxford White
Dude seriously. I also live in Washington and never once had even the slightest close call and up until a week ago Ive been rolling around on BALD Pirellis. I was even driving then in the sub 30* temps last winter with ZERO issue. Dont get me wrong, they arent fantastic tires but these guys that "lose control" must be going about 100 around a 35mph off/on ramp. I dont get it. :crazy:
TC off because "I'm an awesome driver" + driving like you're leaving Cars & Coffee = whoops.

The "I'm going back to an STI" seals the stereotype from my experience. :headbonk:

Sponsored

Wblv17

older fart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2014 5.7HEMI Ram and 2015 eco boost race red pp
Yelp the P-Zero suck arse, I replaced my rear two with some good year eagle RS A tires and the traction all around is better. Must have just started driving on tires. You have to drive 10 miles or so on them to get them heated up better. Unless it's over 80 degrees. Been their done that so I feel your pain.

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
glad you're ok

but

riiiight...

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Mustang GT Premium 401a
You guys have me afraid of winter now. It gets cold here and I just got my GT with 20in P-zero summer tires.

Gigantor

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Premium

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
You guys have me afraid of winter now. It gets cold here and I just got my GT with 20in P-zero summer tires.
Don't be an idiot and keep your ego in check and you'll have no issues on tires meant for colder weather. Don't drive those in consistent sub 45 deg weather. You can control how fast you accelerate and corner, but can't control how hard you might have to brake. Get some all seasons if it doesn't snow much where you live or some proper performance winters.
Sponsored