Sponsored

Do you experience vibration and rumbling between 50 and 70 mph?

• Total voters

Richiet9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Automatic 5.0 Mustang GT
My 2016 same crap...vibrates and resonates so the geniuses at Ford
replaced...
1. All 4 rims and tires........outcome......same crap
2. Right and Left half shaft.......outcome......same crap
3. Called in the big gun Engineer from ford and elevated my case....
4. Driveshaft is replaced...Big dog takes it for a spin and says problem solved and
signs of on it.
5. I take it for a drive and its about 30-40 percent better.
6. Took it back and was told that the Engineer signed of on that problem and that they cant receive my car for the same complaint...aka...im screwed.
All that took 15 days from start to finish......
Sponsored

Jetboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Prem / 1999 Yellow GT Convt.
Call the customer care line. They told me if it still vibrated they will take another look at it.

Bubbachunks

Forever Ford!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Millenium Falcon
I'm planning on buying a GT soon. If this vibration is a real problem should I wait until Ford puts their 100+ years of experience building cars to fixing this problem?

Jetboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do a good test drive first. :amen:

888mustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V-6 051A 6spd,95 Mustang GT Vert
Yes Bubba this is a REAL problem I am a Auto Tech 35+ years i know a drive line vibration and mine had it.

Sponsored

Richiet9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This is very frustrating..i have no idea what to do anymore.....today i received a call from a district head of customer service...he tells me he is sorry whats going on but no one can overturn what an Engineer says

ultimate warrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
I'm planning on buying a GT soon. If this vibration is a real problem should I wait until Ford puts their 100+ years of experience building cars to fixing this problem?
i would hold off buying one. consider looking at used Lexus ISF. guys are at 150k miles on some of them with zero problems.

keep checking back, im sure there will be a lot of happy owners once Ford decides to fix this yuuuggge problem.

Mustangster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Quick update: Tires were replaced by dealer (2016 Ecoboost/MT). Vibration still exists. Went back to dealer and complained. They ran a few tests with the vibration meter and concluded the drive shaft needs to be changed....(duh!). DS to be replaced in a day or two. Anyone wants to guess what happens next? :)
Update: drive shaft replaced (today), run out checked and balanced. Technician test drove and thought it felt much better now, however wanted my opinion. I checked it out at different speeds on my way home. I think he is right. I barely felt the vibes between 50-70mph. I will be testing further and will give my final verdict in a day or two.

I must reiterate that the dealership has been very efficient and accomodating so far. I never had to leave the car overnight and they always kept their promises. They also mentioned that they were happy to try out a different solution if I was not happy with the fix!!! Yeah... I know !

PonyGrrrl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeanne
Vehicle(s)
16 Cadillac ATS V Coupe
This is very frustrating..i have no idea what to do anymore.....today i received a call from a district head of customer service...he tells me he is sorry whats going on but no one can overturn what an Engineer says
Sorry you're going through this. Been there, done that with the field engineer for a different issue and I filed a Lemon Law claim and won. Have you considered the Lemon Law?

Sponsored

Richiet9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes i have ...is there anything i need to do before i file..anything anyone can suggest is greatly appreciated...
Thanks in advance...

Jetboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I thought someone said to contact the Better Business Bureau and file a complaint also. The customer service manager I talked with told me after the Engineer looked at mine if there was still an issue they would look at it further. I think I talked with Tara ext. 77733.

Bubbachunks

Forever Ford!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Millenium Falcon
i would hold off buying one. consider looking at used Lexus ISF. guys are at 150k miles on some of them with zero problems.

keep checking back, im sure there will be a lot of happy owners once Ford decides to fix this yuuuggge problem.
Only problem is I don't want a Lexus used or new.
I want a Mustang. I wonder if Ford will figure out how to make a drive axle that doesn't vibrate by the 2017 model?

FordTechOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cobra

If you seriously believe the nonsense you post then you need to have your head examined.

Go over to the Toyota/Lexus (same crap) forums and read about the issues that they have. Vehicles are mechanical devices; if you think any brand has "zero problems" then you are just proving to everyone that you are living in your own little fantasy world.

5.0 Probie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT
Our 2016 401A A6 with 3:55's is now on week two at the shop. One week looking for the problem at the shop. Then we had the car for about three weeks waiting, for what I was told, was a new rear end to be shipped from Ford. Now they have had it five days and this...

I was originally told they had a rear end being shipped, causing the need for a time gap between when I took it to the shop and when they could start working on it again. Then day three in the shop I am told they needed to use a "Donor" car for part, but it is doing the same thing. So Ford is now telling them this is "A normal characteristic" of the Mustang with an independent rear suspension.

To say I feel a "Not very pleasant" emotion building in me is an understatement.

Why tell me they agree that there is an issue, only to lie to me about part being shipped, to needing to take a car off the sales floor for part, to starting over and telling me Ford thinks it is normal for this car?

Could this all me an innocent misunderstanding? Yes. It might be everything they told me is spot on, with a few missing parts along the way making me the consumer go hmmm.

But I can tell you without a shadow of doubt. This car has a vibration. A consistent one. To the point that I was stuck @ 55pmh for about 30 minutes one day and my feet tingled like a numbing effect from the consistent vibration.

I can also tell you that it got progressively worse. It used to be from 50mph to about 62mph. When I took it in this last time it was 46mph-68mph.

This is NOT normal. It is NOT the normal road vibration or tire balancing situation. This is flat out mechanical! :paddle:

If we could adjust the angle of the rear-end to the rear output shaft on the transmission, I would do it just to see if it was a harmonic one we could minimize or eliminate. But I am under the impression these new independent suspensions do not have the ability to adjust like we could on the solid rear axles.

Now I have a $50k foot massager. :crazy:

At the moment I am pretty unhappy with Ford. And this is my 15th or 16th purchase from Ford. We bought this car to be a long term love. In fact it was our first ever special order car for us. We normally buy what is on the lot. We did not buy the car to engage in a fight or look forward to it being a lemon law donor. We even, for the first time ever, purchased a 100,000 mile 7 year Premium warranty from them...
Sponsored