Sponsored

Convert Manual-to-Automatic on GT PP

kn7671

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Does anyone know if a manual to auto conversion has been done on a 2015 Mustang GT car?

I've recently injured my left knee, and driving a manual car is now impossible. While I could trade out my car and take a loss, I would rather keep and convert it to an Automatic, as I've invested a Roush supercharger, Roush front end, and different wheels and tires.

If a conversion is not possible, my only two options are to trade my car with someone else that has a 2015 or 2016 GT Automatic that wants a GT PP Roush Supercharged car, or take a huge loss and trade it in.

Help....:doh:
Sponsored

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
Man that blows. Sorry to hear about your leg. What about physical therapy and getting it rehabilitated?

Arrowsigns

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadi-Mustang-Silvarado-
I have seen a GT 500 with a Auto Conversion done. I'm sure it can be done to your Gt PP, my guess is 5-7K. Maybe less if you can do the install. Search the Gt 500 threads for a builder.

Good luck with the knee rehab.

04SloSnake

Boost Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R34 Skyline
Best option would be to put it back to stock to sell your parts and trade the stock car, or put the parts on the new automatic car.

Sponsored

Sick03L

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Mustang Premium Automagic
It absolutely can be done with all the associated hard parts and ecu / wiring. The cost on the otherhand....

And while you probably could never have the paddle shifters you could install some up / down momentery buttons creatively or I've even seen a lever mounted to the console side.
I've heavily debated converting mine over to auto as well.

OP
OP

kn7671

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Man that blows. Sorry to hear about your leg. What about physical therapy and getting it rehabilitated?
I can do rehab, but that won't go too well while driving the GT with a clutch.

My last option will be to keep the GT, not drive it much, and buy a second car for a daily driver.

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB
Stupid question, but have you tried driving it with the bad knee? I ask because I hyperextended mine a few years back. When my auto GT was totaled I had my sons manual GT to drive for a year until my '15 came in.
I felt like a fool pulling into a handicapped parking spot driving a manual Trans, and then getting out limping. Seriously, working the clutch was zero effort. Walking brought tears to me eyes.
Borrowing his car pushed me to order a manual. Driving my auto was so boring, looking back at things.

I can do rehab, but that won't go too well while driving the GT with a clutch.

My last option will be to keep the GT, not drive it much, and buy a second car for a daily driver.
POS car with an auto would probably be less than the loss on a trade in. Besides, working a clutch pedal might be therapy!

V8Venom

700 Club
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
Vehicle Showcase
Do you got pics of your car? A mod list? I'm not interested but know someone who may be.

OP
OP

kn7671

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Stupid question, but have you tried driving it with the bad knee? I ask because I hyperextended mine a few years back. When my auto GT was totaled I had my sons manual GT to drive for a year until my '15 came in.
I felt like a fool pulling into a handicapped parking spot driving a manual Trans, and then getting out limping. Seriously, working the clutch was zero effort. Walking brought tears to me eyes.
Borrowing his car pushed me to order a manual. Driving my auto was so boring, looking back at things.

POS car with an auto would probably be less than the loss on a trade in. Besides, working a clutch pedal might be therapy!
Unfortunately, driving the car is what irritates my pain and causes extreme pain when in traffic for extended times. The specific knee issue issue is Chondromalacia Patella or Patellofemoral Syndrome.

Sponsored

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB
Damn. Sorry to hear this. I'd have to go on antidepressants if I couldn't drive my manual car anymore.

OP
OP

kn7671

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Do you got pics of your car? A mod list? I'm not interested but know someone who may be.
Yes, uploading pics now and will link below once completed uploading.

Info and Mods:
2015 GT Performance Package
Color = Black
Roush Front Cover (pre-painted by Roush)
Roush Phase 1 Kit 670HP - Installed by Brenspeed Texas
O.Z. Leggera HLT Wheels - Forged 22lbs each (19x9 and 19x9.5 @ OEM Offsets)
Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires - new (less than 1000 miles)

V8Venom

700 Club
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
Vehicle Showcase
Agreed. You don't got a whole lot on it, just take the parts with you.

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Trade it in for an auto.
Sponsored