Sponsored

Redline steering wheel wrap

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
So I finally got the OEM wheel I had sent out to be wrapped with new padding and leather from redline.

I have a GT 350 wheel on my on3 car and a locally wrapped OEM wheel on my Hellion car.
The one I had done locally was way too fat,almost comical -I thought-but when my brother drove the car he said the wheel in his X5M was similarly thick.

I have another brand new GT 350(just opened the box to take pictures) for that car but the "fat wheel" has really started to grow on me especially when I compare it back to back with the GT 350 wheel on the other car.

I was really looking forward to the Redline wrapped wheel as I was hoping it would have the OEM quality that the one done locally lacked .

The quality is top notch and as good as OEM and I real like the blue stiching to match the blue car...... but I was quite disappointed at it does not really feel any thicker(I called to confirm they did install the pad).I have not measured yet but it feels no thicker than the top part of the GT 350 wheel.
Cost was about$370 including installation.I did not add thumb grips or centering stipe and chose regular leather(I think I would have been happier with the Nappa leather upgrade)

Sponsored

OP
OP
olaosunt

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
Below are pictures of the "fat wheel"

before you say eeeww!!-It feels great and only cost me $80!

And how it feels if you can ignore the imperfections. lol

OP
OP
olaosunt

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LOL
I did say I wanted it thicker!
:doh:

JeffreyDJ

Jedi
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT
That "fat wheel" better feel amazing, because I'd have a hard time looking at that everyday.

Sponsored

Socalmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium w/PP Race Red
That has to be the ugliest steering wheel I have ever seen. Why bro why?

Let the memes commence.....

OP
OP
olaosunt

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LOL
Really does no look that bad in person.
Don't daily drive the car but if i did, I am sure I would quickly get used to how it looks!
Maybe that is why the GT 350 wheel in the other car aways feels so skinny now:headbonk:

Just to be clear this is NOT the redline wheel.

OP
OP
olaosunt

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LOL
That sounds like you picked that one out of a "your mama is so fat........"

Sponsored

Stam616

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 51A Mag Gray Metallic
Want to see the redline wheel. I want a GT350 wheel done in all leather with red stitching and a red stripe. So I know I'll have to have it sent out

plc268

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Race Red
My redline order from October 20 still hasn't been produced as far as I know. Every time I ask about it, I get another excuse. I've been patient with them, but my patience is running out.

Socalmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium w/PP Race Red
My redline order from October 20 still hasn't been produced as far as I know. Every time I ask about it, I get another excuse. I've been patient with them, but my patience is running out.
2 months later and nothing?

I would have been like....Bye Felicia

plc268

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Race Red
2 months later and nothing?

I would have been like....Bye Felicia

More like 3 months. First excuse was SEMA, then they needed another steering wheel because their template wasn't accurate enough for an alcantara wrap, then the holidays, and now they have a backlog. I'm not trying to bash them, but they've repeatedly told me is ready to start production, only for it to slip further behind.

I believe the end result will be fantastic, so it would be foolish to cancel my order now.