Sponsored

Where is Vin code by carbody located ford mustang ecoboost 2015?

Mustang_Ak47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Yuosif
Vehicle(s)
Ford mustang ecoboost
Hello

I have mustang ecoboost 2.3 2015!
I'm searching for vin code on carbody
It's request for car registration
I can see only on windshield and driver door as a sticker! But on car body i cant find it

When i searched on Google i found some people's saying under seat there is hidden vin code under the carpet, i have searched on my car under seats both side's and can't find vin code!!

Photo from under passenger seat
20240328-180425.jpg

Photo from under driver seat

20240328-180505.jpg

If there is others place where it's can be hidden please help me

Thank you
Sponsored

5550snotamerc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
s550 eco convertible auto
Not sure what they are asking for. The one visible through the windshield is a plate attached to the body.

OP
OP

Mustang_Ak47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Yuosif
Vehicle(s)
Ford mustang ecoboost
Not sure what they are asking for. The one visible through the windshield is a plate attached to the body.
In Germany asked vin code on car body! The visible one through windshield and driver door stickers is not enough!

xSouthSyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Magnetic GT
On the Australia model (RHD) there is a little flap under the driver seat. I never noticed it before but after my first service the dealer must have ripped the little flap up under the drivers seat to see the vin#

Sponsored

OP
OP

Mustang_Ak47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Yuosif
Vehicle(s)
Ford mustang ecoboost
On the Australia model (RHD) there is a little flap under the driver seat. I never noticed it before but after my first service the dealer must have ripped the little flap up under the drivers seat to see the vin#
I didn't find any flap!! Can you make photo! Otherwise i will remove out all interino 😂

xSouthSyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Magnetic GT
I didn't find any flap!! Can you make photo! Otherwise i will remove out all interino 😂
I will tomorrow , I’ve had a 1/2 bottle of JD and cooking up steaks on charcoal. I will take a photo when I’m sober

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Looks like it should be in front of the passenger seat about where the floor pad is. If not there I don't know.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Mustang_Ak47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Yuosif
Vehicle(s)
Ford mustang ecoboost
Looks like it should be in front of the passenger seat about where the floor pad is. If not there I don't know.
There is nothing! I think i have to uncover interior (( otherwise no one know where it's)
Maybe for us cars there is not?

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Spoiler alert: I could not find any additional VIN stampings.

As an exercise, I read what I could on-line and went out to my car. I came up with nothing. Plenty of other marks and logos, but nothing with a VIN I could readily access. I suspect, like the under carpet location, that's on purpose.

If there are any additional VIN markings, they'll be underneath removable body panels. I've read a few posts that if the front fenders are removed (either side), the VIN is beneath those, on the unibody. But I cannot confirm that.

I've also read posts the VIN might be stamped on the rear quarters, that they could be found by removing much of the interior rear facade panels. I've not confirmed that either.

FWIW, Ford is stamping the VIN on the engine block, left side, rear, bottom corner. While not a chassis VIN, maybe it'd give weight to the windshield and door tags.

Two options:

- Go to a local body shop and ask them where additional VINs might be

- Check in with the Polizei, the vehicle crimes division, for their insight

If possible, please continue to follow-up. Any additional locations would be a great compliment to the thread.

Viel Glück :please:

Last edited:
OP
OP

Mustang_Ak47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Yuosif
Vehicle(s)
Ford mustang ecoboost
Spoiler alert: I could not find any additional VIN stampings.

As an exercise, I read what I could on-line and went out to my car. I came up with nothing. Plenty of other marks and logos, but nothing with a VIN I could readily access. I suspect, like the under carpet location, that's on purpose.

If there are any additional VIN markings, they'll be underneath removable body panels. I've read a few posts that if the front fenders are removed (either side), the VIN is beneath those, on the unibody. But I cannot confirm that.

I've also read posts the VIN might be stamped on the rear quarters, that they could be found by removing much of the interior rear facade panels. I've not confirmed that either.

FWIW, Ford is stamping the VIN on the engine block, left side, rear, bottom corner. While not a chassis VIN, maybe it'd give weight to the windshield and door tags.

Two options:

- Go to a local body shop and ask them where additional VINs might be

- Check in with the Polizei, the vehicle crimes division, for their insight

If possible, please continue to follow-up. Any additional locations would be a great compliment to the thread.

Viel Glück :please:
thank you for reply

Used Bodywork / Body Parts Spare parts for Ford Mustang VI, (scrapyard) online | RRR

i take a look of all parts of mustang body as used in the link!
i can see vin code located under passenger seat! but some parts also under passenger seat don't have the vin code as my car!

all others body car i take a look and didn't saw any vin code located on other parts!
so in this case i don't know what to do!

i bought the car in 2019 and i had used it for 5 years! but when i move to germany i want to make registration they asking for the vin code on body!! even they have my car license, car plate from other country!

maybe vin code is under paint? or that not possible?
Sponsored