What's special about Method wheels?

24 Taco

First Name
Lambert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma Off Rad
Just pickup a KO3 @tirerack this week now I’m Looking for after market Wheels but I notice almost 90% are using Method Wheels what is so special in Method wheels in compare to other BRAND.
Sponsored

Goriders

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport Plus
Do you know offhand the specs on the Tundra wheels?

Dia:
Offset:
Hub dia:

gofastdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Tacoma OR, '08 Mazda MX-5, '20 Volvo V60
Just pickup a KO3 @tirerack this week now I’m Looking for after market Wheels but I notice almost 90% are using Method Wheels what is so special in Method wheels in compare to other BRAND.
I put Method 705's on my truck. I don't think there's anything special about Methods but I like how most of their options are clean, simple designs. They look good in an understated kind of way.

Also, and maybe more importantly, whether by accident or design Method seems to have a large number of wheels in the sweet spot for our trucks from an offset perspective. +25 to +35 is about perfect for an aggressive look without having too much poke and Method has quite a few wheels available in those two offsets. If you look at other manufacturers many have yet to offer anything in that range. It seems most aftermarket wheels are at least 0 and negative offsets, which imho is far too much poke on these trucks.

Dansflhti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma Sport,16 Mustang GT Conv,14 HD SG.
What are the specs on the OEM Sport and Off Road Tacoma wheels?

OP
OP

24 Taco

First Name
Lambert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma Off Rad
Off road 17″ diameter, 7.5″ width

Dansflhti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma Sport,16 Mustang GT Conv,14 HD SG.
Im thinking it should fit the 24Tacoma

1714960352849.png

Wheel Size: 18x9.0J -Bolt Pattern: 6x139.7 -Offset: +15 -Bore: 95.1mm -Finish: Matt Black.
With lots of poke. Rim will stick out 59 mm farther.

tacotaco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Personally like Method wheels due to their Bead Grip technology for those that don't want to deal with beadlocks (me). Definitely can't air down to 0 psi like beadlocks but airing down 8-10 psi without popping the bead is pretty easy for the bead grips based on my experience.

bigd9247

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150
I ran a set of black Pro Comp wheels on my 2012 Tacoma and constantly had issues with the paint bubbling and flaking off. I had to touch them up a ton.

I'm currently running Method black wheels on my 2018 F150. 112k miles and no paint bubbling or adhesion issues. I have scratched the wheel lips/edges and still no issues with paint bubbling or flaking even along the areas where the paint was scratched off. Based on this experience, I would say that Method makes a better wheel than Pro Comp. I can't speak to any other brands.
Sponsored