Sponsored

What’s your Ford dealership charging for an oil change?

ShadesOfBloo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Datsun wagon, '92 240SX, '08 Evo, '20 Mustang GT
Yeah I used to do my own but dealing with the disposal of the used oil is a pain...
That's part of why I like to change oil at my base's "hobby shop":
Not only do I get to use a lift, I funnel the oil into a drum and never have to worry about it again.
Sponsored

mdoren252

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium.
When I ordered my 2021 GT PP1, I purchased the 10 year full warranty to 2031 or 100,000 miles. I receive 20 oil changes at 5,000 mile intervals also for the total price of both for 4018.00 dollars. To me it’s worth it and the dealership is been very good. I get semi-synthetic 10 quarts and new filter. I don’t have to dispose oil or get dirty, they have me in and out in 45 minutes when I schedule it. It’s only driven late spring to early fall, stored for the winter. I only pay for wear items, nice to have as I am retired and hanging out.

K Myers

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Maurice
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Mustang
Hey all! Just wanted to ask folks across the USA what their local Ford dealer charges for an oil change—the package is sometimes called “The Works.” I was shocked by how much my local Ford dealer is now charging for this.

When I first bought my 2013 S197 Mustang GT in 2012 I recall it being 6 or 7 quarts for $39.99 (perhaps this was a promotional price but I always had a coupon). By the time I bought my new S550 Mustang GT w/performance pack a few years later, it took about 8 quarts, and the price ran about $69.99 for “The Works.” I still found this to be a fair price.

Well, today I went to the same local Ford dealership I’ve been going to for more than a decade for an oil change and I was charged $140 for 8 quarts of Motorcraft semi-synthetic and a Motorcraft oil filter. I asked why the price was double and I was told simply “new management.” Fortunately I had enough Ford Pass points to get the oil change for free today but I won’t be going back.

Curious of your experiences…
I do my own

Sponsored

robvas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Does driving the car to the dealer/shop and sitting in it or waiting around while they change the oil count as labor too?

Trap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Boss 302
Does driving the car to the dealer/shop and sitting in it or waiting around while they change the oil count as labor too?
To me it does, my time is valuable, so I have a choice sit a dealership and pay extra money, or utilize that time and do it myself, saving money. Also frustrating when the dealership is behind schedule and you have to wait even longer.

GT350Keith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
1969 Shelby GT350, 1991 300ZX TT, 2018 GT350
I do it myself and take the drained oil to a local junk yard that uses it for heating their building. I like to see what's going on under my cars to try to avoid problems and catch them early on. My dad who was a service manager at a Lincoln Mercury dealership for 30 years would have chewed me out for taking a car to a dealership for an oil change. I guess I'm just old school.
Sponsored