Wengerd Is the King for Tuning!!

jmeiers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1/401A/A10
Vehicle Showcase
Jmeiers,
When you first loaded your Wengerd tune, was the transmission good to go or does it still do the learning your behavior bullshit at first?
The transmission will have to learn again because it will be wiped when loading the new tune but it drove great immediately for me compared to my previous tune. I could tell the tune was much better right at the very first start.
Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
The adaptive learning can be turned off.

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
The transmission will have to learn again because it will be wiped when loading the new tune but it drove great immediately for me compared to my previous tune. I could tell the tune was much better right at the very first start.
Who was your previous tuner?

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
The thing that I hate most about the stock tune and my current tune is the inconsistency. Sometimes it’s fine and other times it is so jerky. I can be coming to a stop driving super nice and it will lurch embarrassingly bad for no reason at like 5mph ..but 80% of the time it’s cool.
If I’m dropping $900 for another tune it needs to fix all that.
will it?

Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
If you have the current version of forscan you can turn it off yourself.

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
I purchased the 93/E85 tune from Wengerd and would like to report his customer service and attention to detail is top notch. After he sent me the invite code to get set up on TDN, he sent a pair of tunes for the mods I have (long tube headers and carbon trap removal) when I told him I removed the insert along with the carbon trap he sent another pair of tunes to compensate for the removed insert. About that time I found an immaculate GT 350 intake on ebay so I bought it to replace the mach 1 tube with the elephant man growth that is supposed to quiet down the intake noise. Anyway Wengerd told me once I get the new tube installed to use the first set of tunes he sent. I started to send the data logs he wanted and he noticed the mass air transfer function was off a little with the 350 intake so he told me to switch to the no insert tune and do the data logs again. He liked what he saw so he said the 93 tune looked good. When I got down to 1 mile to empty I filled up with E85 and switched over to that tune and drove it for about 40 miles to make sure all the 93 was out of the fuel lines and rails then I did the data log for the E85 which was a WOT pull to 7500 rpm, that's why I wanted to make sure there was no 93 in the lines and rails. He was happy with the E85 log and said my tunes were finished and everything looked good. In the end there were no revisions to tweak the tune after I started to send him the logs and he was more than helpful and patient with me and my many questions during the process. After I get some more seat time with his tunes, I can decide if they need any adjustments on the trans shifting, but so far I'm happy with the tune the way it is.
Sponsored