USB audio source browsing

DanyYak

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang Gt, 2017 Ford Explorer Sport
I mainly use my USB flash drive as my main source of music with the occasional apple music. When using the browse feature to select the next song, I always have to start at the top of my music library. Using the skip button is not the way when you have over hundred songs to skip thru.

Is there a way to browse USB files and start where the current song that's playing , instead of starting from the top, when selecting specific songs? I have less than 200 songs and it's a pain to have to keep scrolling from the beginning, when browsing or searching for a specific song. My car is an 18 gt with Sync 3.4 labs installed.

Can assistant play songs on USB with the hands free feature when using AA? I know it works with online music apps.

Thanks
Sponsored

momalle1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
My thumb drive always starts at the last song played, even if I remove it and add/remove tracks. Can't you use voice commands and say "play track (say track name)" ? My Galaxy on the other hand, behaves just like you say your thumb drive plays. Have you tried a different USB drive?

OP
OP
DanyYak

DanyYak

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang Gt, 2017 Ford Explorer Sport
My thumb drive always starts at the last song played, even if I remove it and add/remove tracks. Can't you use voice commands and say "play track (say track name)" ? My Galaxy on the other hand, behaves just like you say your thumb drive plays. Have you tried a different USB drive?
Thanks for the reply. The playback memory isn't the issue. For me, it's when i select Browse in the upper right corner. It defaults to the top of my song library which has album folders, test tones, all music. What I would like it to do when I select browse, is for the menu to scroll itself down the list where the current song is playing. This way. I won't have to scroll manually thru dozens of songs just to get back to where I left off. Another example. Let's say I'm listening to 'all music" while on shuffle playback. The current song that I happened to manually selected is 3/4 down the entire music library. I now have to navigate using my hands and hope to find the highlighted title and find a song from there on. It's not a big deal when browsing a single album but a pain when you have to scroll thru bunch of them.

So far one used 2 quality stick drives and both have this issue.

momalle1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
Thanks for the reply. The playback memory isn't the issue. For me, it's when i select Browse in the upper right corner. It defaults to the top of my song library which has album folders, test tones, all music. What I would like it to do when I select browse, is for the menu to scroll itself down the list where the current song is playing. This way. I won't have to scroll manually thru dozens of songs just to get back to where I left off. Another example. Let's say I'm listening to 'all music" while on shuffle playback. The current song that I happened to manually selected is 3/4 down the entire music library. I now have to navigate using my hands and hope to find the highlighted title and find a song from there on. It's not a big deal when browsing a single album but a pain when you have to scroll thru bunch of them.

So far one used 2 quality stick drives and both have this issue.
Ah! That makes sense, I'll have to double check mine, but I'm pretty sure that's how it works by design.
Sponsored