Sponsored
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma
Hey Y'all,

Super stoked to be apart of the Taco club. Previously owned a 1987 4runner and a 1985 Solid Front axle truck after that.

Unfortunately, someone jacked my 1985 pickup two years ago, and since then I've been saving up to get a new Toyota Tacoma and that day has come!

Currently running a TRD Off Road in black with a 6 foot bed.

Started out with Rims and Tires: Black Rhino Sahara's and Nokian Outpost nAT 275/70R17

From there, I worked with the guys over at Super Pacific to see if their camper fits a 4th Gen Taco. Good news is it does and it is a unbelievable camper.

Just camped in it this past weekend, and woke up to it snowing. Despite it being 27 degrees me and the lady were nice and comfy in it.

The truck will be on display at Overland Expo West in the Super Pacific Booth. Come stop by and check it out and say hi.

Screen Shot 2024-05-07 at 7.53.08 PM.png

Screen Shot 2024-05-07 at 8.13.23 PM.png

You can check out more of the build on IG: @Taco_Trailhunter
Sponsored

gofastdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Tacoma OR, '08 Mazda MX-5, '20 Volvo V60
Nice truck and camper. Super Pacifics are one of the better built wedge campers imho but too rich for my blood so I'm getting the Lone Peak... ;o) About the fitment, how did they handle the wing on the back of the roof? Is the camper sitting back far enough to clear it and if so how did they weather seal the front rail?

On the rear, does the camper door hit the bump on the tailgate if you try to open the camper tail with the truck tailgate still closed?

OP
OP
Taco_Trailhunter
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma
Nice truck and camper. Super Pacifics are one of the better built wedge campers imho but too rich for my blood so I'm getting the Lone Peak... ;o) About the fitment, how did they handle the wing on the back of the roof? Is the camper sitting back far enough to clear it and if so how did they weather seal the front rail?

On the rear, does the camper door hit the bump on the tailgate if you try to open the camper tail with the truck tailgate still closed?

Luckily was able to get a discount on the SP since they used mine for fitment on the 4th gen or else it would have been out of my price range as well. But you are spot on, They are phenomenal campers.

They designed a new tail gate piece that bolts into the factory tail gate so the camper would fit and the back hatch could open.

Not the smartest move by Toyota putting that lip on the top of the tailgate. No after market camper will be able to open with it.

gofastdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Tacoma OR, '08 Mazda MX-5, '20 Volvo V60
Luckily was able to get a discount on the SP since they used mine for fitment on the 4th gen or else it would have been out of my price range as well. But you are spot on, They are phenomenal campers.

They designed a new tail gate piece that bolts into the factory tail gate so the camper would fit and the back hatch could open.

Not the smartest move by Toyota putting that lip on the top of the tailgate. No after market camper will be able to open with it.
That's awesome! I'd love to see more detailed pics, front and back, when you get a chance. I'm guessing there's going to be a market for the tailgate mod.

Rope_photo

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner TRD Off-road
Good look! I'm gonna pick up a SP as well now that they have the two adapter components to fit the 24s. I'm torn between short and long bed. LOVE the look of the short bed but I'm wondering if the extra room in the bed will be worth not loving the look as much. I do like that the cab hangover is less on the long beds. Choices, choices.

Clervis

First Name
Clervis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Geo Metro
Mawr pictures! That looks awesome. I'd love to see the inside and the profile with the RTT down. Is that one where you can access the tent from the inside of the bed/shell? Beautiful truck.

Fattirz in NC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F-150 SuperCrew
Iā€™d love to see more photos of this build too. I love the stance and the proportions with the 6ā€™ bed. This is what Iā€™ll be looking for soon.

M1KL83

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester Wilderness
How do the Outpost nAT's in 10 ply feel?
Big hit to MPGs?

Looks fantastic!
Thanks for sharing.

univurshul

First Name
J.F.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2001
ā€¦no after market camper will be able to open with it.
The guys at GFC confirmed my reservation last week for my TH, they have a dialed integration and were $1K off summer sale so pulled the trigger. The TFL tubers have one on their ā€˜24 OR, looks good šŸ¤™šŸ¼ . Even tho Iā€™m gonna need to build out a proper rain fly mod & condensation mitigate on that thing. Iā€™m in it more for the minimalist low weight / super strong hatches. If anyone has ever gotten tools stolen from your rig you know what Iā€™m talking about. The SST Yoshino power station Iā€™m using w/the TH inverter is standalone $2K albeit a quality diesel heater isn't far behind

Last edited:

tacotaco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
The guys at GFC confirmed my reservation last week for my TH, they have a dialed integration and were $1K off summer sale so pulled the trigger. The TFL tubers have one on their ā€˜24 OR, looks good šŸ¤™šŸ¼ . Even tho Iā€™m gonna need to build out a proper rain fly mod & condensation mitigate on that thing. Iā€™m in it more for the minimalist low weight / super strong hatches. If anyone has ever gotten tools stolen from your rig you know what Iā€™m talking about. The SST Yoshino power station Iā€™m using w/the TH inverter is standalone $2K albeit a quality diesel heater isn't far behind
I ordered my GFC on Black Friday for my TRD Pro, and I'm not sure that I will see it get installed until next spring since installs are out to October and because September - March is my busiest time of year so its unlikely that I would be able to find the time to make the drive from Michigan to Montana until then lol excited for it nonetheless. I do have a Superlite that I can use in the meantime and according to Uptop Overland, their 3rd gen bed racks will work on the 4th gens so my buddy is letting me steal his bed rack for the summer :handsinair:
Sponsored