TRD OR STOCK TIRES PSI - OMGGGG

ChrisC

First Name
Christy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma TRD ORP
Soooo thanks to great forums like this, I read the Tacoma’s come in with over-inflated (50 psi) for shipping purposes and a bunch of you guys said before you drive off check psi. Welp in all the excitement I forgot. Get home to see I’m at 50 psi. I text my sales dude about it and see attached. My local tire guy said NO that’s too much.

2024 Tacoma TRD OR STOCK TIRES PSI - OMGGGG IMG_4594
Sponsored

av8r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
too many
Salespeople are generally clueless and most won't admit they're wrong. They are simply a barrier to admission.

24Canuck

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma
I find sales people are not "car people"
The LT's on my 4Runner have a max pressure 48psi and I wouldn't dream of running them that high...let alone the p rated slicks that come on a stock Tacoma.

Bluznvice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD OR LB Bronze Oxide
That's total crap. There's no way a tire is going to gain 18 psi starting at 32. Over inflating is just as bad as under inflating.

All this proves is that the salesman is an idiot and didn't bother to do any pre-sales checks. Now he's covering his ass. Try calling the service department just for kicks to see what they say.

OP
OP
ChrisC

ChrisC

First Name
Christy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma TRD ORP
That's total crap. There's no way a tire is going to gain 18 psi starting at 32. Over inflating is just as bad as under inflating.

All this proves is that the salesman is an idiot and didn't bother to do any pre-sales checks. Now he's covering his ass. Try calling the service department just for kicks to see what they say.
The funny thing is… in that text he says he did ask service. At least I have the proof that he said it - half tempted to send it to his manager. But they all just back each other up at dealerships anyway.

WKTJR1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Tundra CrewMax
Salespeople are generally clueless and most won't admit they're wrong. They are simply a barrier to admission.
Soooo thanks to great forums like this, I read the Tacoma’s come in with over-inflated (50 psi) for shipping purposes and a bunch of you guys said before you drive off check psi. Welp in all the excitement I forgot. Get home to see I’m at 50 psi. I text my sales dude about it and see attached. My local tire guy said NO that’s too much.

IMG_4594.png
this is all BS. The pressure in the tires should be caught during the pre-delivery inspection. No one has an excuse. This is a service department fail, and they need to be pointed out.

OP
OP
ChrisC

ChrisC

First Name
Christy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma TRD ORP
this is all BS. The pressure in the tires should be caught during the pre-delivery inspection. No one has an excuse. This is a service department fail, and they need to be pointed out.
You’re right. I will call tomorrow. I don’t want this to happen to more people.

WKTJR1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Tundra CrewMax
You’re right. I will call tomorrow. I don’t want this to happen to more people.
There is a PDI checklist, if you really want to bust their chops, ask to see it.

bresna

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Sport
Just as a "heads up", I just picked up my TRD Sport in NH last week and I checked the tire on the ride home and it was 51 in each tire. I was pretty pissed but not surprised. Both of my daughters' new cars had the same thing happen. One was a Rav4 and the other a Mazda 3. I actually asked the salesman to make sure that they checked this and he said they would. Unfortunately, the tire pressure can't be read by the TPMS sensors when you're driving around the lot so no one finds this until they're a few miles away. Once I saw this, I called the dealer and complained but by then, I was well on my way home.

I knew I should've brought that tire pressure gauge, :)

JED

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Tacoma TRD Sport
You would think, then the service tech tells me it’s out sourced!