Thinking of Installing roush supercharger

MIKE PHILLIPS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
T
Vehicle(s)
Mike
2022 mustang gt rouse supercharger is it worth 12000 installed need to hear opinions
Sponsored

Farkel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marc
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT Premium PP1, 2012 Jeep JK, 2022 Harley 48
Outside of Alabama, spelling and punctuation still matter.
Why-Proper-Punctuation-Matters_Side-Image-2.png
s-l1600.jpg

HKusp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT

HKusp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
And for the record, in my opinion, the Roush is nowhere near worth that amount. VMP, Whipple, and especially if you have an auto car, ESS would be my top 3 in no particular order.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Edit to clarify, I am talking about the installed price. I've had no problem with my supercharger and it does bring a big smile.

I have the Roush Phase 2 and agree with this comment. One good thing about Roush though, is the tune updates are free. I am manual, so don't have the tranny shift strategy issues of the autos.

And for the record, in my opinion, the Roush is nowhere near worth that amount. VMP, Whipple, and especially if you have an auto car, ESS would be my top 3 in no particular order.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP

MIKE PHILLIPS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
T
Vehicle(s)
Mike
thanks for your opinion

OP
OP

MIKE PHILLIPS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
T
Vehicle(s)
Mike

FUN2RIDEFAST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium/PP
Vehicle Showcase
Ask this question in the Forced Induction forum, or read the 800+ page thread there on the Roush supercharger. You'll get people who are more familiar with positive displacement superchargers there then in the general forum.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/forums/forced-induction-5-0l-v8-engine.165/

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...actually-have-the-the-roush-kit.127474/unread
I've had a Roush Phase 2 on my 2017 GT PP for almost three years and not a hiccup. Everytime I get in the car I've got a smile on my face. My car is a daily driver so passing emissions is a must for me.

HKusp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I've had a Roush Phase 2 on my 2017 GT PP for almost three years and not a hiccup. Everytime I get in the car I've got a smile on my face. My car is a daily driver so passing emissions is a must for me.
I understand and it's not necessarily a bad set-up, but it has some inherent limitations in the Gen 3's, mainly heat soak. For $12k, for my money, there are better options. I get the warranty issue and it is a BIG one, no doubt.

Sponsored

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
I like the Roush engine calibration and overall fit and finish of the kit. However, they really failed on the intercooler design and maybe even the sc housing. As such, I’d probably prefer Whipple, vmp, edelbrock in that order. I just don’t like the calibrations that come with any of those nor the aftermarket options.

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
Didnt know the french made a 'Rousè' supercharger 🤭
Yeah click bait OP. I clicked on it right away, thought it was a new supercharger.

robvas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I understand and it's not necessarily a bad set-up, but it has some inherent limitations in the Gen 3's, mainly heat soak. For $12k, for my money, there are better options. I get the warranty issue and it is a BIG one, no doubt.
How much warranty is even left on a 22?