Sponsored

The writing on the wall

tbonez3858

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bat mobile
When you've got the chief engineer of Camaro making statements like the following the writing is on the wall-

“As long as they’ll pay me to be the chief engineer, I’m going to fight for every horsepower I can and every cylinder I can,”

The V8, in any resemblance of today, is done for with in five years. The V8 research and production for Ford is all driven by the F150. In the F150 the EB outsells all of the engines combined so you know where the funding is going. There is no way Ford is going to sink money in a engine platform that isn't political correct and that is just for the Mustang...and I've not even addressing the government/political agenda that created the environment.

I'm betting we see an EB that decimates the 5.0 within three years and then we see a hybrid solution within 5. The hybrid thing is a given because the performance of full TQ at "idle" is amazing. Anyone that doesn't go hybrid will be standing their with their Johnsonville Brat in their hand while their competition smokes them.
Sponsored

UOP Shadow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 GT, 50 LE Kona blue
Bring back the straight 6 for the F150. Might as well throw a turbo or two on it as well...

UOP Shadow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 GT, 50 LE Kona blue
Anyone that doesn't go hybrid will be standing their with their Johnsonville Brat in their hand while their competition smokes them.
Not everyone who buys a vehicle sees themselves in competition with all other makes of the same body style. Who really cares if the Chevy has 0.3 cubic feet of cargo room or if the Ram has 10 more pound feet of torque than the F150?

I will NEVER buy hybrid because those tree-hugging fuckers trying to cram them down our throats have failed to effectively address one small detail: how are they going to safely recycle / dispose of all of those batteries at the vehicle's end of life? They keep pushing hybrids with the promise of clean air yet cringe when anybody mentions poisoning the ground water with all of the dead batteries.

tbonez3858

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bat mobile
Not everyone who buys a vehicle sees themselves in competition with all other makes of the same body style. Who really cares if the Chevy has 0.3 cubic feet of cargo room or if the Ram has 10 more pound feet of torque than the F150?

I will NEVER buy hybrid because those tree-hugging fuckers trying to cram them down our throats have failed to effectively address one small detail: how are they going to safely recycle / dispose of all of those batteries at the vehicle's end of life? They keep pushing hybrids with the promise of clean air yet cringe when anybody mentions poisoning the ground water with all of the dead batteries.

I was pretty anti hybrid/electric until I drove a Tesla. We are always fighting for a flat curve so why resist it? If they can give me the best of both worlds I will take it and that has nothing to do with being an echo nut.

I get where you are coming from, however. I'm specifically buying a V8 because I really do love the sound and purity of it.

OP
OP
FiveLiterDreamer

FiveLiterDreamer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
It's my belief that although the V8 may disappear from the standard Ford line up. The performance variants will offer V8s that will be high revving direct injected possibly turbo or other variants of the V8 philosophy(think Ferrari and the earlier video I posted).

maybe one day if we are lucky...... [ame]:

Sponsored

UOP Shadow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 GT, 50 LE Kona blue
For some reason, this thread reminds me of Mad Max; "the last of the V8s."

Tim Hilliard

Happy Owner
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Guard 300A PP Recaro
Just following along with the group is particularly bad for science. Facts are facts only because they stand up to every aspect of them always being questioned. Question everything.

I also agree with and respect tim hilliard, a lot of people have thin skin and get hurt too easy. I'd propose that thicker skin and more questioning would improve most aspects of life, but it's better that I end prematurely.
It figures you are from Mars...:frusty:
Sponsored