Sponsored

2016 GT 5.0 h-pipe options ( is it to loud?)

coz0502

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
If you are running a Roush axle back you really don't have to worry about causing any issues with the neighbors. It will not be that loud. It will in fact wake the car up a bit. We sell resonator X and H pipes here at www.lethalperformance.com! https://www.lethalperformance.com/s...-mustang-gt-exhaust-systems/resonator-deletes
Our definitions of loud must be different. I have a 16 GT with Roush H pipe and axle backs I think it's very loud, especially during cold start ups and heavy acceleration. I do love the setup though!
Sponsored

coz0502

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
I have a 2016 gt 5.0 with roush axel backs. Considering getting an h-pipe for it. My only concern is cold starts with the neighbors. I mean I live in the country in upstate NY but have a neighbor about 100 yards away. That and the overall increased attention I would draw from any nearby law enforcement lol. And further more about the pipe itself. I see on eBay I can get pypes brand for over $100 less than roush or mishimoto. The only difference I can see is the 304 sst compared to 409. What's everyone's suggestions?
Do it, I have this exact set up on my 16 GT and love it. I have neighbors just a few feet away on all sides and none have complained. One did tell me they hear my car start in the mornings but it doesn't bother them because it's only a min or so.

I've had a lot of complements on the exhaust too. Just random people telling me it sounds "bad ass" or similar comments. Recently, a guy on a Harley roll up next to me at a red light asked me my setup because he had a boss 302 and wanted to add an exhaust system. He also said he could hear me over his bikes exhaust.

I'd suggest buying the matching Roush H pipe. It's a higher quality medal and you're talking about ~$100 difference. I'm going take a leap of faith and say $100 for anyone driving a $40k+ mustang shouldn't be an issue.

Andrew@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2003 10th Anniversary Cobra / 2003 Ford Lightning
Any chance corsa will offer 4.5” tips on their systems? I have a Mach 1 and would love to do a midpipe and extreme active mufflers but I hate to go down to 4” tips when the car comes with larger ones from the factory
They do offer 4.5 inch tips currently. Should not be a problem. Give us a call when you are ready to order.